Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What was the best live show from the These Days tour available? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=56300)

Raz0r 12-21-2013 04:02 AM

What was the best live show from the These Days tour available?

I used to have a copy of the Live at Wembley bootleg (I have since lost it unfortunately) but I remember the quality not being that great. Are there any shows out there with better audio quality? Also, what shows of the tour were considered the best? I know the Wembley shows became legendary; were they the best of the tour? Or are there other, less known shows, that are fan favorites?

Fredrik 12-21-2013 10:25 AM

Even though the shows in 1995 were absolutely fabulous, the setlists and shows in 1996 were even better. I unfortunately only went to one of the shows that year, but it still to this day is the absolute best Bon Jovi-show I have ever seen; that was Helsinki 1996.

bonjovi90 12-21-2013 11:36 AM

The Wembley shows were outstanding, but the band (and Jon's voice) especially peaked on the upcoming American leg in 1995. There is e.g. a version of "Always" that blows the Wembley one out of the water (but we only have an aged video of it):

There is the recording from Tampa the same year (should also be on YT) which shows the band at their absolute best with the songs having an intensity that is truly spine-chilling! In 1996 Jon's voice already thinned out quite a bit, but the setlists got better. Many people praise the Yokohama bootleg, but I always had the feeling that the band sounded rather "off" that night (at least on some songs like "My Guitar"). There I'd rather recommend the audience recording of night 3 which also features songs like "The Boys Are Back In Town", "Dry County" and "Wild Is The Wind". Those Japanese bootlegs from that era are amazing sound wise - sometimes you think they smuggled an entire sound studio into the stadium by the sound of it.
The rather sad thing is that there isn't another broadcast circulating from Yokohama onwards - the only thing I can recommend you there are the audience recordings of the 2nd night in Cologne and the final show in Helsinki (both have a nice balance between great setlist and decent sound).

Bounce7800 12-21-2013 02:23 PM

There's decent audio of Bremen 95 about, that's pretty decent and one of my faves. There was a boot with not great video but with the soundboard audio dubbed onto it as well.

Captmorgs 12-21-2013 02:30 PM

I was at the Milwaukee 1995 show, but the audience recording is mediocre at best. However, there is a decent audience recording of a great show in Camden, NJ in 1995. It's not a soundboard, but I love it because the energy is spectacular and the band is on fire. Also like the Jones Beach shows in 1995.

Fredrik 12-21-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1158533)
There's decent audio of Bremen 95 about, that's pretty decent and one of my faves. There was a boot with not great video but with the soundboard audio dubbed onto it as well.

Yeah I have that recording, it is a great bootleg.

jdanielross 12-21-2013 04:02 PM

If anyone out there has a Nashville, Sept. 1995 recording, hook a man up. :)

Kathleen 12-21-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1158536)
If anyone out there has a Nashville, Sept. 1995 recording, hook a man up. :)

If there is one I have never seen it or heard about it. :(

Raz0r 12-21-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks folks. I'll be checking all those out when time permits, starting with Yokohama. \m/

I'm so pissed I lost that Wembley bootleg. I paid $40 for it back in the day, I really don't want to spend money on it again, and can't find an audio download online. :-/

It's been a while since I've heard it, but I remember being disappointed by a few songs, like Bad Medacine, not sounding like the studio version. Did that get better later on in the tour? I've heard that the 80's anthems haven't been the same live since the KTF tour.

Nige 12-21-2013 05:29 PM

Pamplona 1996 was always one of my favourites, as well as all three Yokohama shows :D