Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sebastian Bach - Angel Down? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43707)

DevilsSon 12-08-2007 02:07 PM

Sebastian Bach - Angel Down?

Anyone got it? How is it? Is it worth buying?

DevilsSon 12-08-2007 03:17 PM

Ok, I downloaded it and am I listening to it right now.
Loud riffs and vocals that remind me more of Vince Neil then of the old Baz.
No decent solos, average track length of about 3 minutes, typical nu metal drumming...and in general it's just hardcore stuff. Nothing to do with classic rock or metal.

Quite disappointed. Definitely not my cup of tea.

ShaSha 12-08-2007 03:57 PM

I think a few songs are ok. But overall, yeah it kind of sucks.

I do like hearing Axl on it though since this is probably the only music he'll be releasing anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Mousebounce 12-08-2007 04:00 PM

Not a huge fan either, although it is good to hear Axl. :)

Dave 1986 12-08-2007 10:48 PM

I downloaded it last week, had a quick skim of the tracks, whilst listening to a few in full. Sounded slightly emo to me. Still, it's the closest we'll ever get to the original Skid Row these days.

Javier 12-08-2007 11:24 PM

I loved it, it's heavier than I would have ever imagined Baz doing. You Don't understand is a monster of a song, I ****ing love it, it's probably one of the best metal songs I've heard this year, Stuck inside and By your side are also favorites. It's honestly one of the best records I've bought this year and it deserves more credit than it's getting, and although It is good to hear Axl, if you ask me it kinda brings down the quality of the tracks a bit, Baz has a much much better voice.

DevilsSon 12-09-2007 03:05 AM

so far, the only song that stands out is Back in the Saddle (a cover, how unsurprising) and American Metalhead must be one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

Actually, I must say, I like Skid Row's wannabe Nickelback records better...without liking them at all. I'll give it another listen, what strikes me though is the very low quality of the songwriting.

Javier 12-09-2007 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 791310)
so far, the only song that stands out is Back in the Saddle (a cover, how unsurprising) and American Metalhead must be one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

Actually, I must say, I like Skid Row's wannabe Nickelback records better...without liking them at all. I'll give it another listen, what strikes me though is the very low quality of the songwriting.

really??
I thought back in the saddle was the low point of the album.
And yeah, American Metalhead is trying so ****ing hard to be bad ass, but the lyrics don't help much, but it went over really well when he sang it love opening for Axl'n'roses.

But how can you not like You don't understand?? how, it's ****ing amazing

Dave 1986 12-09-2007 05:29 PM

Listening to it now actually. Enjoying it, but I think I'll need a few listens still.

steel_horse75 12-12-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 791203)
I loved it, it's heavier than I would have ever imagined Baz doing. You Don't understand is a monster of a song, I ****ing love it, it's probably one of the best metal songs I've heard this year, Stuck inside and By your side are also favorites. It's honestly one of the best records I've bought this year and it deserves more credit than it's getting, and although It is good to hear Axl, if you ask me it kinda brings down the quality of the tracks a bit, Baz has a much much better voice.

agree - although there are about 3 songs that suck big time.
i went to see 2/5 of the original skid row the other week - what a load of sh1t
bring back seb !!!