Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Prince dead at Paisley Park estate in Minnesota Age 57 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69495)

rocknation 04-21-2016 08:25 PM

Prince dead at Paisley Park estate in Minnesota Age 57

Prince is dead at 57, Fox 9 has confirmed through multiple sources. Carver County Chief Deputy Jason Kamerud confirmed a response to a medical call at 9:43 a.m at Prince's Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

Paisley Park is the compound where Prince lives, records music and hosts parties and concerts, including one party just a few days ago.

Prince made an appearance at Paisley Park last Saturday, just one day after he was hospitalized with flu symptoms. On April 15, TMZ broke the story that Prince was rushed to the hospital after his plane made an emergency landing in Atlanta.

I am saddened, but not shocked. TMZ had also said he'd been battling the flu for three weeks. THREE WEEKS? Then it sure wasn't the flu!

Mongoose 04-21-2016 08:27 PM

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: :sad::sad::sad:

I hope his religion didn't play a part in this

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2016 11:22 PM

Really really sad!!

Becky 04-22-2016 01:40 AM

And now we've lost Prince too.... My Prince story is remembering seeing him with my BFF Kelly sometime in the mid to late 90's and it being the most expensive concert ticket I'd ever bought (at the time). And the little SOB came out and played for an hour and left. Now I'll give credit where credit is due--he put on an amazing show for that mere hour and I I considered him the best guitarist I'd seen in person at the time. But Kelly and I were very unhappy that we had paid so much for the tickets (face value) and he only played an hour and then he went and played at a club for free for two hours. What I will always remember most is that he did a cover of Joan Osborne's song One of Us. He was a musical genius. I recently heard on EW radio that he has music and material stored up so that they can release "new" stuff for years and years after his death because he was so prolific. A true artist and visionary. RIP, Prince. I hope you've found your peace.

Becky 04-22-2016 02:22 AM

From Jon on Bon Jovi's Facebook:

I'm crushed by the news that one of the greatest inspirations in music EVER has passed.
I was lucky enough to have met him many times
And to call him a friend...
PRAYERS to his family and to all who loved his genius... JBJ

mo_rizwan 04-22-2016 12:17 PM

First time I saw Prince was at the UK Music Hall of Fame 10 years ago, where Bon Jovi were also there.

A year later, I was lucky to get a ticket to one of his 21 Nights at The O2.

Prince, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson.......3 Legends I'm never gonna forget :(

steel_horse75 04-22-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1200289)
From Jon on Bon Jovi's Facebook:

I'm crushed by the news that one of the greatest inspirations in music EVER has passed.
I was lucky enough to have met him many times
And to call him a friend...
PRAYERS to his family and to all who loved his genius... JBJ

Said **** all about Bowie dying though? Odd?
Perhaps the marketing team was off that day? ;)

rocknation 04-22-2016 08:46 PM

"You don't have to show us no stinking autopsy!"

As per usual, TMZ isn't wasting time on trivialities like the body getting cold...
Quote:

4/16: ...Prince's private plane made an unscheduled landing at Quad City International Airport in Moline (Illinois USA) just after 1 AM. The singer was immediately transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

A source close to the 57-year-old singer tells us he's been released and is doing okay. The nature of the medical emergency is unclear...A rep for Prince tells TMZ the singer has been fighting the flu for several weeks...
Quote:

4/21: ...Multiple sources in Moline tell us...doctors gave him a "save shot," typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible, Prince and co. decided to bail...(He) was released 3 hours (later)...
Quote:

4/21: Prince hit up a local pharmacy hours before he died -- the 4th time he visited this week...Our sources tell us...people at the store were concerned because he looked much more frail and nervous than usual.

TMZ obtained this photo of Prince leaving a Walgreens near his home in Minnesota Wednesday night...

On...the day after he was released from the hospital, Prince took the stage at a dance party near his home and curiously said, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."
Quote:

4/22: Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death...Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.

Sources in Moline...tell TMZ (that) Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert...Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem...(H)e had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.
Autopsies can take a few days, toxicology findings a few weeks. Seems like a waste of time and taxpayer money, though, doesn't it?
:roll:

Becky 04-23-2016 02:16 AM

Anyone want to talk about Prince's music? What are your favorite Prince songs?

Mine top three are, in no particular order:

Cream
Seven
My Name is Prince

rocknation 04-23-2016 04:31 AM

Preferred his earlier funky stuff:

:oops:

Prince was no advocate of the Internet age, but considering all the trouble he went through with his record labels, that's quite understandable.

P.S. And he hired the most adorable backup guitarist for his 1999 tour!