Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rock in Rio 2019 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70501)

steel_horse75 10-01-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259206)
On the other hand, Phil X can’t fill Sambora’s place; even that Always wasn’t sounding good, it’s like just a wall of noise,

Dont agree.
I loved Phils solo at the end of Always. Its nothing like Richies of course as they are two different guitar players. Richie is polished and Phils rougher around the edges.

LeaJovi 10-01-2019 03:20 PM

Nobody posting here has standards anymore. Myself included.

Luckily I listen to other great bands and I'm a diehard for another band that isn't being sucked by a black hole like this one but I always come back for nostalgia and to see the car wreck.

bonjovi90 10-01-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1259215)
Nobody posting here has standards anymore. Myself included.

Luckily I listen to other great bands and I'm a diehard for another band that isn't being sucked by a black hole like this one but I always come back for nostalgia and to see the car wreck.

Very much spot on!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Roll 10-01-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259214)
Dont agree.
I loved Phils solo at the end of Always. Its nothing like Richies of course as they are two different guitar players. Richie is polished and Phils rougher around the edges.

I must be the only one who thinks Phil X's Always' solo is better than Richie's. Richie's solo in Live from London was great and way better than what he delivered live on a regular basis.

Johny 10-01-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259213)
I guess you did lower them. I remember very vividly when, during the Circle promo era, I said that I enjoyed the performance of Superman Tonight and you replied: "How could you like something that is sung that bad?" [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I know I have lowered them ;) we were spolit back then. And I know it's a bad sign when I hope for any semi-high note to be nailed.
I wrote my previous post while watching. I must say that it gets worse towards the end.
I also think that I expected o lot from them because I considered them untouchable, the best ones. Today I realize that all this is over. The band I loved and for what I loved it is gone - I truly believed in their brotherhood, amazing live shows etc. So all the disaters that have come changed me. Be it Nashville influenced album, mainly Richie leaving, Jon's singing etc.

So I approach it from a different perspective - I expect nothing, I appreciate the effort - it's still a live show and I prefer 2019 Jon to 2017 ot those other tours when he may have sung slightly better but stayed glued to the mic. I enjoy David singing ITA (sounds great to me), even Everett that takes part of Bad Medicine. I wouldn't mind Phil doing something as well.

I wish Jon would get better. I don't expect 2008-2011 but at least the European leg of 2013 when he was able to sing. If the band covers for him, they still might be enjoyable.

Johny 10-01-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1259218)
I must be the only one who thinks Phil X's Always' solo is better than Richie's. Richie's solo in Live from London was great and way better than what he delivered live on a regular basis.

You're not the only one! I love Richie and I wish he was back with the band but I prefer Phil's playing in Always. I love the tone he has, it reminds me more of the album version. Plus he nails the outro, it¨s that repetitive as Richie got during the latter years.

LeaJovi 10-01-2019 06:22 PM

In my mind it's pretty hard to beat the Always Live from London 2nd solo. That one is the bar and not Richie or Phil X has ever top that.

efpg0708 10-01-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1259222)
In my mind it's pretty hard to beat the Always Live from London 2nd solo. That one is the bar and not Richie or Phil X has ever top that.

Everything about that whole performance sets the bar for me. Nothing after that came even close to topping that.

jazzsta 10-06-2019 04:58 PM

There were times when Phil X played a nice solo at the end of Always. But I find RIR2019 not to be one of those.

yomamasofat 10-07-2019 02:39 PM

The greatness of BOBITA!