Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Motley Crue new song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29439)

Captain Walrus 02-13-2005 11:32 AM

Motley Crue new song

OK, lets get the aside details out the way first. No, I have never heard their new song, I can't actually remember what it's called offhand. And no, I don't really know any of MC's music at all, I am planning to pick up their new Greatest Hits when it comes out though.

However, I am quite shocked when I read yesterday in Kerrang that their new song was written by Candian pop-punks Simple Plan.Apparently it was "left over from their recent album sessions with producer Bob Rock". I was just wondering what people'e thoughts on this were? I mean, we complain about Bon Jovi using too many co-writers or whatever, but to use one of someone elses left over songs as your comeback single seems a little ... odd to me

DevilsSon 02-13-2005 02:16 PM

Re: Motley Crue new song

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
OK, lets get the aside details out the way first. No, I have never heard their new song, I can't actually remember what it's called offhand. And no, I don't really know any of MC's music at all, I am planning to pick up their new Greatest Hits when it comes out though.

However, I am quite shocked when I read yesterday in Kerrang that their new song was written by Candian pop-punks Simple Plan.Apparently it was "left over from their recent album sessions with producer Bob Rock". I was just wondering what people'e thoughts on this were? I mean, we complain about Bon Jovi using too many co-writers or whatever, but to use one of someone elses left over songs as your comeback single seems a little ... odd to me

a pop-punk song? oh no...

spunkywho 02-13-2005 03:09 PM

I've heard it and it brought tears to my eyes - literally, but not the good ones. I used to be a Motley fan in the old days and as much as I miss them - not every band needs to do a come back - sometimes it is better to be missed........

Don't remember what it is called but it something to the effect of 'I'll die if you don't love me' -------- BS! :roll: :roll: :roll:

DevilsSon 02-13-2005 03:22 PM

Does any of you know that song...it's a songwriter type of song with punk influenes.
It's about suicide presenting the good and the bad parts of it.
Well, it said:"In heaven you don't have to suffer Motley Crue reunions!" as a positive aspect of suicide.

well...he might have been right!

Becky 02-13-2005 07:00 PM

I've heard it. I think it's called "If I Died Tomorrow." Listening to it, I would not have thought they didn't write it. It reminded me of the kind of ballad that would have fit on Dr. Feelgood.

Becky

RyanBounce04 02-13-2005 07:12 PM

If I Die Tomorrow... Good song in my opinion, but reading what you said Walrus... That kinda ruins the hype a little bit.

Ryan

yomamasofat 02-18-2005 11:08 PM

Re: Motley Crue new song

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I mean, we complain about Bon Jovi using too many co-writers or whatever, but to use one of someone elses left over songs as your comeback single seems a little ... odd to me

I still don't understand why people complain if their bands bring in outside writers. Desmond Child seems to bring the best in BJ, and so does Mutt Lange with Def Leppard...

There's nothing sinful about bringing an outside writer. A good song is a good song, and a bad song is a bad song.