Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70349)

danfan 05-19-2018 09:52 PM

Destination Anywhere

Just been listening to the album a bit lately. Always thought it was an amazing record. But the title track, I honestly think is one of, if not the greatest song, Jon ever wrote. It reminds me of why I love not just the band, but in this case, Jon. It's why I'll always be a fan. Beyond what happens with his voice, Richie, etc. The man has provided, pretty much, the soundtrack to my life. Age, money, or changes in the music industry can't ever take that away. I've been a fan for over 30 years. Been to over 50 shows. Never met the man. But if I could, I'd want him to know that.

Peace.

bonjovi90 05-19-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1241893)
Just been listening to the album a bit lately. Always thought it was an amazing record. But the title track, I honestly think is one of, if not the greatest song, Jon ever wrote. It reminds me of why I love not just the band, but in this case, Jon. It's why I'll always be a fan. Beyond what happens with his voice, Richie, etc. The man has provided, pretty much, the soundtrack to my life. Age, money, or changes in the music industry can't ever take that away. I've been a fan for over 30 years. Been to over 50 shows. Never met the man. But if I could, I'd want him to know that.

Peace.

Outstanding album, has been a great companion of mine for the last decade!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 05-19-2018 10:39 PM

the title itself is already a lifestyle! -_-

bjcrazycpa 05-19-2018 11:40 PM

This is still one of my fav of all the Jon/Bon Jovi catalog. The songs still hold up well for me. Cold Hard Heart with its stark, haunting vibe is in my top 10 songs followed by Its Just Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Becky 05-20-2018 01:00 AM

Destination Anywhere is one of the few CDs that I love every song on it, and the bonus tracks. The only weakness is the title “Janie, Don’t Take Your Love to Town.” I listened to Kenny Rogers a lot as a kid so I just cannot get over the title/chorus. The verses are brilliant.

PS: My aunt had a portrait of Kenny Rogers in her game room back in the late 70’s/early 80’s. I guess being a little obsessive about a singer is in my genes.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-20-2018 08:17 AM

Every Word, Staring at Your Window, and Midnight in Chelsea are my faves, but it's a great album.

DavetheGodofKeys 05-20-2018 12:00 PM

It's a very solid album, my favourites are Janie, Don't Take Your Love To Town, Queen Of New Orleans and Destination Anywhere (the song).

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2018 12:08 PM

Some good songs but ... It's not my cup of tea. In fact, this type of music is what I fear in Bon Jovi. I prefer the passion of Blaze of Glory.

DryCounty 05-20-2018 12:57 PM

Brilliant album. Maybe the most sincere Bon Jovi related album. The albums dips a little on the second half with Learning How To Fall, Naked and Little Ciy but the first half is so strong I don't mind.

The most weird thing about the record is the choice of first single. Midnight In Chelsea is a great song but there are a lot of more typical and instant single material.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-20-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1241926)
The most weird thing about the record is the choice of first single. Midnight In Chelsea is a great song but there are a lot of more typical and instant single material.

Maybe because it was the first song written for this album, also remember JBJ saying something like “It was like to walk down the streets in Chelsea and feel that it was time to do another solo record...”