Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Let the Bitching Commence (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52514)

Becky 01-25-2011 01:57 AM

Let the Bitching Commence

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...h-meyers-75049

Sounds like a great cast!

Adam D 01-25-2011 01:58 AM

You beat me to it Becky. :)

Kathleen 01-25-2011 01:59 AM

No bitching here Becky but I couldn't resist reading the thread title LOL.

TwinFan 01-25-2011 02:00 AM

Wow, that it is a great cast! But I thought Jon had given up acting...

Any movie with Halle Berry must be superb. I mean, she's Halle Berry. Ooops, got away from myself for a second there...

Adam D 01-25-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1036182)
Any movie with Halle Berry must be superb.

Except for Catwoman...

Jovimimi 01-25-2011 02:14 AM

that's a HUGE cast .... the filming location is new york and JBJ is playing the role of a rock star ..... it's going to be interesting ... I can see why Jon didn't turn down that one ....

Savvi 01-25-2011 02:44 AM

Looks like one of those Valentine's Day/He's Just Not That Into You movies. Each character only gets so much screen time because of such a large cast.

Meh, I dont mind. It's not like it will interfere with the band's touring or new releases.

RSROCKS 01-25-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1036185)
Looks like one of those Valentine's Day/He's Just Not That Into You movies. Each character only gets so much screen time because of such a large cast.

I was about to say it reminds me of one of those movies. If done right, it's a decent date night movie. Best of luck to Jon and I hope it's successful.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 01-25-2011 06:05 AM

Lea Michele! HELLS YES! :D

Quote:

Looks like one of those Valentine's Day/He's Just Not That Into You movies. Each character only gets so much screen time because of such a large cast..

Yep... Love Actually did it pretty well, so hopefully this is a good one.

jovigirloz 01-25-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1036193)
Lea Michele! HELLS YES! :D

Yep... Love Actually did it pretty well, so hopefully this is a good one.

Love Actually is one of my all time favorite movies..:)

Great cast - hope its good

Wrath Mania 01-25-2011 07:07 AM

Must-miss.

Supersonic 01-25-2011 07:12 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1036179)

Big names, yes. Great cast, no. All actors in that list, including Robert DeNiro are has beens or mediocre actors. It's like they got a collection of b actors together in one movie just to get a succes.

And seriously though, the only way Jon can get a part in a big movie is if he plays a rock star? That pretty much says at all as to what Hollywood really thinks of him as an actor.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

UKjovi 01-25-2011 08:24 AM

I wouldn't say DeNiro is a has been. However in the past when there have been films with such a large amount of popular actors in, it has turned out to be poo.

RS8MB0R8 01-25-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1036196)
Aloha !

Big names, yes. Great cast, no. All actors in that list, including Robert DeNiro are has beens or mediocre actors. It's like they got a collection of b actors together in one movie just to get a succes.

And seriously though, the only way Jon can get a part in a big movie is if he plays a rock star? That pretty much says at all as to what Hollywood really thinks of him as an actor.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

My first thoughts exactly! :lol:

jovigirloz 01-25-2011 10:23 AM

I loved Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby and Boy's Don't Cry.
I would see it as I like most of the cast in that anyway. Sounds like a good girls night out movie :)

Jon is the last one I would want to see in that cast listing.

rainsong 01-25-2011 12:24 PM

Sounds like a fun movie to be on, I can see why Jon said yes to it. Besides he gets to play opposite Halle Berry, a pretty good spot to be in I'd think. Hope it comes out well.

faith1985 01-25-2011 02:53 PM

Til Schweiger???? For those of you how don't know him: he is a bit like a German version of Brad Pitt without the good movies (Fight Club, 12 Moneys...)IMHO, but many women seem to love him. But I think he can't act at all.

And besides Halle Berry and De Niro (maybe), I don't really care for the cast.

Tixy 01-25-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

...Hence him "playing" a rock star.

Bounce7800 01-25-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Meh, I dont mind. It's not like it will interfere with the band's touring or new releases.

It seems to be the sequel to Valentines Day according to this link:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...years-eve.html

I haven't seen the film or know anything about it. Someone mentioned the awesome Love Actually though, they need to get Martine McCutcheon in the cast pronto! :D

steel_horse75 01-25-2011 03:58 PM

Jons acting sucks. This is embarrassing. Give it up man. Have a rest and come back with something that the band have failed to deliver for years....a truly great rock album

Bleedingguitar 01-25-2011 07:30 PM

Jon will probably pull off this role well, he's got the swagger. And they need somebody capable of dumping Halle Berry.

Although I remember some old interview where he said he was not interested in playing a rockstar.

Quote:

Think he's pretty much lost interest in trying to 'make it' as an actor, he doesn't look for work anymore.

But I guess when fun roles like this are offered to him which don't take much time and have great co-stars there's probably no reason to turn it down...

JoviForever 01-25-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036184)
that's a HUGE cast .... the filming location is new york and JBJ is playing the role of a rock star ..... it's going to be interesting ... I can see why Jon didn't turn down that one ....

Something he said he would never do!
I think this will be a very small part that will probably only take a couple of days to film.

Jovimimi 01-25-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1036227)
Something he said he would never do!
I think this will be a very small part that will probably only take a couple of days to film.

Jon changes his mind like the weather changes ...
I am sure you are right though , it will not be a much demanding role .

I am almost tempted to think 'someone' added his part in the script as a favor/boost to make him able to 'come back' in the business (as it seems he has been added later compared to the rest of the cast) - after he trashed the whole movie universe so clearly in the last years that sort of role is perfect to make the potential employers forget his bitter comments (The man will be free next year he needs to occupy his days)

To me it's not about his persona it's about his skills ... a small role like that is just what he can pull off with ok.

I wish ppl in the business would stop thinking JBJ exclusively as a romantic character .
He is BAD at it imo

Is that BITCHING ?

Panda 01-25-2011 08:47 PM

W T F ? !

Jon is a fantastic actor! I love all his films! He's so sexy in ALL of them!

faith1985 01-25-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1036233)
W T F ? !

Jon is a fantastic actor! I love all his films! He's so sexy in ALL of them!

:BIG::):):)

kety 01-25-2011 09:20 PM

Good luck for Jon :) I hope he does good job :)

Javier 01-25-2011 10:15 PM

He'd have to be an idiot to turn down the chance to work with some of the actors listed in the cast. Things change, so he's also allowed to change his mind, and with the role he took, it seems like he finally figured out where he fits in the movie world, as himself......

bj7800 01-25-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1036194)
Love Actually is one of my all time favorite movies..:)

Great cast - hope its good

Love that one too.

I really don't care for Jons acting at all, hopefully he won't make this performance too cringeworthy.

Dawn 01-26-2011 12:59 AM

I knew what this thread would be about before I opened it.. .Great title Becky :D

I have enjoyed all of JBJ films, if he enjoys acting then why shouldnt he act.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Dawn

Makedde 01-26-2011 02:25 AM

Don't worry, there'll be an Oscar nomination next!:D

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 03:46 PM

I will definitely won't bitch. Jon is entitled to change his mind, act (good or bad), then we will like it or not, but good for him, if he wanted it, if he was convinced, whatever...

Laughing at the comment of him wanting to boost his career, more seems to me like him doing a favor, and with that kind of cast not wanting to be a snob and say no.

Whatever the reasons, good for him!

RSROCKS 01-27-2011 04:03 PM

I haven't seen a lot of his movies but from the few I have, I think he gets a bad wrap primarily just because the movies themselves weren't that great to begin with.

I wouldn't call him great but his acting isn't terrible either. His biggest mistake was his desire to make it so much into acting that he took stupid movie rolls.

Jovimimi 01-27-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOvisoul01 (Post 1036358)
I will definitely won't bitch. Jon is entitled to change his mind, act (good or bad), then we will like it or not, but good for him, if he wanted it, if he was convinced, whatever...

Laughing at the comment of him wanting to boost his career, more seems to me like him doing a favor, and with that kind of cast not wanting to be a snob and say no.

Whatever the reasons, good for him!

I don't think him being part of any movie now is a favor from him.... especially not a huge movie like this one. It's not as if bon jovi is so IN in 2011 that this movie is explode because of Jon and ALL HIS FANS will go to see it will make it a blockbuster ....
IMO The favor -if any- is done to him, allowing him a potential come back with this new exposure (if he is good in this movie)

bjcrazycpa 01-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1036361)
I haven't seen a lot of his movies but from the few I have, I think he gets a bad wrap primarily just because the movies themselves weren't that great to begin with.

I wouldn't call him great but his acting isn't terrible either. His biggest mistake was his desire to make it so much into acting that he took stupid movie rolls.

Totally agree with you. He's not the best but certainly not the worst actor. I look forward to this part and Jon's role in it.

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036362)
I don't think him being part of any movie now is a favor from him.... especially not a huge movie like this one. It's not as if bon jovi is so IN in 2011 that this movie is explode because of Jon and ALL HIS FANS will go to see it will make it a blockbuster ....
IMO The favor -if any- is done to him, allowing him a potential come back with this new exposure (if he is good in this movie)

Ooops, sorry I forgot that when it comes to Jon, you seem to know his true reasons. Definitely he had to beg for the roll, so he is "somebody" once more, OK..

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1036227)

With an opening date scheduled for December 9 of this year, I imagine Jon's part will be very quick to film, is not like he has a lot of free time, when soon they go back on tour. Who knows? May be his part is done already. (Actually I bet someone sure knows, LOL).

rainsong 01-27-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036362)

Or maybe it's a good cast, a very good director, and being filmed in NYC, all things that would probably appeal to Jon, and he thought it would be fun so he said yes when asked. I doubt he was running around begging for a role in a movie.

Jovimimi 01-28-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOvisoul01 (Post 1036383)
Ooops, sorry I forgot that when it comes to Jon, you seem to know his true reasons. Definitely he had to beg for the roll, so he is "somebody" once more, OK..

I never said he begged M ... to me it's more like ppl gave him the role as a favor to him probably more than him doing a favor to the ppl begging him to play in that movie ...but we don't know what happen behind closed door neither me nor you .... but jbj performances as actor don't put him into the status to be the guy who gives favors

I am sorry my english is so bad you have hard time to read what I said

Becky 01-28-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036410)
.... but jbj performances as actor don't put him into the status to be the guy who gives favors

Actually the majority of Jon's reviews as an actor were positive. It's his own fans that slam his as an actor, not the critics. He earned respect in Hollywood from critics and costars alike.

JOvisoul01 01-28-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1036403)
Or maybe it's a good cast, a very good director, and being filmed in NYC, all things that would probably appeal to Jon, and he thought it would be fun so he said yes when asked. I doubt he was running around begging for a role in a movie.

I know that only Jon knows the circumstances under which he got the part, but you are saying more or less, what I think as well.

Very convenient location and timing, not to mention tailor made role, "perhaps" someone suggested him, plus didn't he mention once Halle Barry, as an actress he would like to work with?

So definitely, specially after saying he was not interested in acting anymore, going back on tour real soon, etc... I don't see him going begging for roles.