Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers to play massive UK shows (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21903)

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 01:14 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers to play massive UK shows

massive UK summer shows.

The band , who have already confirmed a show at Dublin Phoenix Park (June 12) will play gigs in Manchester, London and Edinburgh following their Irish date.

Lead singer Anthony Kiedis said: "We’re really looking forward to getting back to the UK. We had a great time performing there last summer. The British fans are fantastic, so its going to be amazing to perform in front of such a massive crowd in Hyde Park...The Queen's backyard! And it’ll be good to play the stadiums when we return to Manchester and Edinburgh."

The new shows are at:

Edinburgh Murrayfield Stadium (June 13)
City of Manchester Stadium (18)
London Hyde Park (19)

Jim Bon Jovi 01-21-2004 01:23 AM

ooooh good stuff. kind of regret being drunk and fighting with some knob when i seen them last year

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 01:30 AM

i wanna go, not a huge fan but would be cool, just cant stand the thought of going on 100,000 people all like my brother :roll:

Jim Bon Jovi 01-21-2004 01:46 AM

tell me about it.

long story short.

was at gig on the green, foo;s chilli's qotsa good day u know.

so we get a carry out and sit outside till we manage to get enough tickets off touts for all of us.

in we go. as u can imagine, big park in the middle of glasgow, hot sunday afternoon, music festival. everyones pretty drunk.

anyways the chilli's come on and its absolutely packed i mean they're like ants up on the stage from where we are.

everyones clappign and getting into it u know but we're that far back no ones jumoing around.

no one except this 1 guy who keeps jumping into me. i let it go a few times but give hi little nudges to give him a hint.

he keeps doing it so i tell him to give it a rest.

he does it again.

i say ive warned u twice now, next time im just going to jab u.

what does arsehole do?

wasnt doig much jumping around when i decked him, stupid cunt.

ponrauil 01-21-2004 08:15 AM

They suck live IMO especially lead vocals and guitar, I was really disappointed when I saw them some years ago in Paris.

Ponrauil

UKjovi 01-21-2004 09:18 AM

I think i might go all depends if i can afford it this year :roll:

Neurotica80 01-21-2004 10:31 AM

Im def gonna think about going to the one in Manchester.

choclady 01-21-2004 11:08 AM

they're ticket prices are in absolute no connection with their live performance . i doubt i will go and see them. the only band i would pay that much money for are BJ and Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi

£45 apparently

brother is paying for him and his girlfriend, id go but i cant stand her so i aint even considering it now!

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponrauil
They suck live IMO especially lead vocals and guitar, I was really disappointed when I saw them some years ago in Paris.

Ponrauil

yeah! iv got some bootlegs recently and cant say anthonys voice is all that, as for john frescantais (spelling) guitar, IMO its shit :? and flea's bass isnt all that! he is so over rated, good time guy im sure and quite funky but i really wouldnt rate him too high!

RichieW2001 01-21-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Ponrauil

i was about to say the same thing. not only are the vocals pretty poor, their live mix is dreadful and the guitar tone is flat and lifeless throughout. i can't see there being 100,000 in hyde park to be honest.

UKjovi 01-21-2004 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Quote:

£45 apparently

brother is paying for him and his girlfriend, id go but i cant stand her so i aint even considering it now!

Bloody hell do they think we're made of money?

Neurotica80 01-21-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

£45 apparently

I wouldnt pay that to see them, exp after reading some of these posts. I wanna see a gig at the new stadium in Manchester though

Christo 01-21-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

£45 apparently

I wouldnt pay that to see them, exp after reading some of these posts. I wanna see a gig at the new stadium in Manchester though

To date, still the worst gig I've been to, not that is was BAD, but it certainly wasn't great. :? To make it worse, I haven't paid more for a gig before either! :o

Supersonic 01-21-2004 02:09 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Ponrauil

i was about to say the same thing. not only are the vocals pretty poor, their live mix is dreadful and the guitar tone is flat and lifeless throughout. i can't see there being 100,000 in hyde park to be honest.

I agree 100% with you, and in fact, if you listen closely to the vocals on the album, you can hear Anthony hitting a wrong note sometimes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 04:38 PM

they will sell out HP with no problem at all!

UKjovi 01-21-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Yes but its still a focking lot of money

RichieW2001 01-21-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

they will, all i'm saying is the capacity won't be as large as bon jovi's. shania twain sold out hyde park but it was far from 100,000 tickets sold.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-21-2004 07:11 PM

people will buy there tickets for 45 quid so y would they charge less?

didn't realise it would be that much and they didn't impress me that much even considering how much i'd had to drink so ill probably give it a by

Spikey2 01-22-2004 12:20 AM

In the slane dvd the vocals sounded really good compared to other things

Miracle 01-22-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Ponrauil

I agree 100% with you, and in fact, if you listen closely to the vocals on the album, you can hear Anthony hitting a wrong note sometimes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

As for hitting the wrong note, can't they correct that in post-production? I know of a couple of people who have seen them in concert and said that they were great but these same people also were stoned beyond belief so I don't have much faith in their comments :lol:

Stephanie

Stephanie

em_rs_girl 01-22-2004 09:47 PM

IM GOING!!!!

To the manchester gig June 18th!!!

yay! i love Anthony 8)

emma x

spunkywho 01-23-2004 04:02 AM

I am jealous :mad:

{_Warrior_} 01-23-2004 05:52 AM

I don't like Red Hot live....... I see no energy in their concerts, The show in Rock in Rio was considered one of the worsts...... and last year's one was not that good too......

JOEYKID 01-23-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em_rs_girl
IM GOING!!!!

To the manchester gig June 18th!!!

yay! i love Anthony 8)

emma x

no your not, you havnt got tickets yet

Jag 01-24-2004 12:32 AM

my cousin is buying front row tickets, so i guess u will see me there :)

Mad4Jovi 01-24-2004 03:38 PM

I'll be at Hyde Park on June 19th it seems. I wasn't sure as I've heard from so many people that they're crap live, but my friend has bought us Gold Standing for the show, so now we've got the tickets I suppose it'd be rude not to go :)

If all else fails, the support band might be good LMAO! :lol:

Captain Walrus 01-24-2004 07:57 PM

Bloody well sold out :( If anyone has any spare tickets that they wanna recycle my way.....

Keep On Rockin'

JOEYKID 01-25-2004 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Bloody well sold out :( If anyone has any spare tickets that they wanna recycle my way.....

Keep On Rockin'

MIGHT have two generall admission going mate, will let you know, my bro orderd some and his g/f also orderd some, neither can remember if either got gold LOL

Mongoose 01-25-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Edinburgh Murrayfield Stadium (June 13)
City of Manchester Stadium (1

massive? LoL

Mike 01-27-2004 12:46 AM

F*** They sold out in the morning apparently - 85000 people??

Crazy!

Anyone else too slow in getting tix??

JOEYKID 01-27-2004 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
F*** They sold out in the morning apparently - 85000 people??

Crazy!

Anyone else too slow in getting tix??

sold out within an hour mate, or both london shows did anyway