Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 12 PGE Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70604)

dziubdzia 07-13-2019 10:06 PM

And for the record (the info in the original post seems to be incorrect) - Bon Jovi did not play in Warsaw in 93, Gdansk 2013 was the first show in Poland, unless you count that atrocious playback TV performance in Warsaw around 2000 of course.

LeaJovi 07-13-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dziubdzia (Post 1257074)
Hi guys, I feel like I need to add my two cents to the discussion ;)

I've been a fan since 1997 but I somehow lost interest around 2012-2013 as I got bored with the "new stuff" and discouraged by the whole Richie leaving the band situation.

I was at the Warsaw show and I had a good time. The band was good, the audience was good, the energy was good.. The vocals were terrible though :( Jon was out of tune 90% of the show, it was as though he could not hear himself at all. He kept adjusting his in-ear monitors at the beginning, like something was wrong with it. But I was not sure whether it was a real problem with the monitors or just a cover up to somehow "explain" the bad singing (that was honestly my thought). I didn't watch any videos from the tour before the show, as I didn't want to get biased/discouraged, so I stood there and couldn't believe my ears. BTBMB was bad, KTF was very bad, even YGLABN was bad.. During "Bad Medicine" something very strange happened, like the whole band got confused with the song, and it was a couple of seconds before it got back to normal.

The setlist was vanilla, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Everybody was singing and jumping, even to masterpieces like "Lost Highway" ;) There were also two nice fan actions planned - Polish flag out of colorful pieces of paper lit by mobile phones during Wanted, and a shirt with fan photos which Jon wore during encores.

It was my second Jovi show, first one being Vienna 2011. It was as if those shows were played by two different bands. I'm still a fan of classic Jovi, but I feel some of my enthusiasm has faded away yesterday.

If you were here reading some PBPs you would've saved your money but I'm glad that you had a good time anyway.

Supersonic 07-13-2019 10:26 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dziubdzia (Post 1257075)
And for the record (the info in the original post seems to be incorrect) - Bon Jovi did not play in Warsaw in 93, Gdansk 2013 was the first show in Poland, unless you count that atrocious playback TV performance in Warsaw around 2000 of course.

Yeah, it's one of the many edits of a user adding unknown setlists to setlist.fm. You really can't trust that website when it comes to Bon Jovi concerts, especially when it comes to the 1993 world tours.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 07-13-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1257078)
Aloha !

Yeah, it's one of the many edits of a user adding unknown setlists to setlist.fm. You really can't trust that website when it comes to Bon Jovi concerts, especially when it comes to the 1993 world tours.

Salaam Aleikum,

Sebastiaan

Is it actually certain that they played Istanbul in 1993 or was that a similar rumor?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

dragon_2 07-13-2019 10:55 PM

I actually enjoyed show. Setlist as mentioned somewhere in post above vanilla (LH and WLOL combo sounded good) and Jon is great showman. For me Amen song sucks live (and on record) and should be dropped for good, somehow BOR sounded weak this time.

micro cuts 07-14-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257079)
Is it actually certain that they played Istanbul in 1993 or was that a similar rumor?

The band played in Istanbul in 1993, 2011 was the second time

YOVANAfromPeru 07-14-2019 05:54 AM

same Audibles:
Always
Saturday Night
Blood On Blood

I think this I'll Be There For You sounds some what good, and nice little guitar outro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMt...ature=youtu.be

Supersonic 07-14-2019 06:44 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257079)

No, that one's certain. I've seen tickets and posters for that show and I found a setlist for that show as well. The setlist on setlist.fm is made up though.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

WhamATC 07-14-2019 11:35 AM

Can Supersonic or anyone post the Istanbul 1993 setlist?

Supersonic 07-14-2019 12:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1257096)
Can Supersonic or anyone post the Istanbul 1993 setlist?

It's on my very outdated website. Every setlist on there has been confirmed one way or the other. :)

http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/07_K.../19930913.html

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan