Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

artinis1 05-07-2010 09:58 AM

from nick,

can anyone let me know if the distance live is the one already released from the japan acoustic shows, or is it from some other performance, any info is appreciated

danfan 05-07-2010 01:56 PM

I say this with all due respect - I have never come across a band more out of touch with what their fans want than Bon Jovi. It's truly mind boggling. Is Jon SO afraid of how good they sounded in the 80's and 90's, that he won't release any of that live material?

The more I think about this whole thing, the more ridiculous it is. Why do some albums have 4 live tracks and some only have 2? If they really wanted to give the fans something worth buying, here's a couple of crazy ideas:

1.For each album, release the original album along with live tracks of each song from the tour that coincided with that album.

2.For each album, release an entire live show from that coinciding tour.

3.For each album, release a live DVD from that coinciding tour.

That's what other artists would do (and have done). Not Bon Jovi. They're my favorite band, but when it comes to marketing to their fans, they absolutely and positively suck. The box set was the closest they came to doing something we wanted, and WAS good. But the amount of tracks they left off......Why?

Simple 2 questions for all of you on here:

1.Knowing what we know about these releases, how many of you are going to buy every (or any) of these new editions? I know I won't.

2.If they had done something as simple as releasing entire shows from each album, how many of you would buy every (or at least some) of the new editions. I know I would have.

Jon needs to remove his head from his own ass or hire a manager who has a clue.

Supersonic 05-07-2010 02:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 986851)
1.Knowing what we know about these releases, how many of you are going to buy every (or any) of these new editions? I know I won't.

Neither am I. In the past they released editions with a bonus disc. Keep The Faith is available with a bonus disc consisting of 8 songs, These Days is available with a bonus disc consisting of 8 songs and Crush is available with a bonus disc consisting of 6 songs. Then Have A Nice Day had one with 6 tracks and Lost Highway had one with 14 bonus tracks. I don't see why I should buy these editions right now when they've released better live cuts in the past.

Had they given everyone who bought a copy the possibility to download a complete live show from that tour I'd have bought them all without giving it any second thoughts.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kathleen 05-07-2010 03:59 PM

Frankly I prefer the sound on the older remasters than the overproduction they do these days. I'm sticking with what I have.

Captain_jovi 05-07-2010 04:45 PM

Agreed. I'm not re-buying an album just to get a handful of live tracks. Not worth it to me.

Crushgen24/88 05-07-2010 07:49 PM

The only one's I'm considering are NJ and TD, and that's only because my copies of those records are very scratched up. (I have them digital, but I'm odd)

Here's a question:
Is the access to the Archives website (which will probably disappoint, but I digress) dependent on how many of these you buy, or will each of them just have a general access code?

tigrs99 05-07-2010 08:02 PM

Obie was on WMMR philly 20 mins ago and played Only Lonely Obie was not sure from what show but did say it was from the sound check of that era

severo17 05-07-2010 08:41 PM

Obie said it was around 1986. Sounded like 86/89 to me.

luceknight 05-07-2010 08:52 PM

I think I'll buy NJ and TD...maybe SWW, but only if I have money enough...
still saving money for the hypothetic show here in Brasil....

tigrs99 05-07-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 986884)
Well if OBIE says that you can be pretty sure that it is NOT from this era. IS this the biggest loser a band of this stature has ever hired? I'd say a big YES

As per Jon's voice it looked from SWW Era
How can Obie not be sure what show it was from even if it is a soundcheck recording
dont professionals put a marking on their archives even a 10 yr old does that