Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Johny 04-22-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 985174)
Are you trying to be funny???

In the first place, those albums were badly in need of remastering. I'd have bought them for the albums alone (I skipped Adrenalize, as my fellow Leppard fans here know..I abhor that piece of shit.)

Then as for the B Sides being added.... the fact I may own Ride Into The Sun as the B side on my Hysteria 45 rpm single or Billy's Got a Gun (Live) on a cassette-single is all fine and dandy, but I don't use my phonograph anymore, or my tape deck. In fact, they are both out of commision. I also didn't own every single B side. Both the Adrenalize and Hysteria Deluxe packages serve as comprehensive packages to cover what came out with each album and their respective singles.

Some people seem to be buying it? I'd say the majority of Leppard fans did exactly that and had no complaints. Most would say it was exactly what they needed.

I was replying to jungleland's post where he had asked something like: Who needs BJ remasters with live songs? My reply was that nobody needs it. It wasn't about the Def Leppard albums.

I like Adrenalize more then Pyromania :) I didn't do any research but I think the songs on the bonuses had been released on singles or Retroactive album before. At least, it was all remastered so it was worth buying. And it was only three albums (maybe because the rest is shit :) ) and not ten (even if some of them are shit :) ) and it included demos etc and not only live songs.

As I said, I'll listen to it at shop or download it and then decide if it is worth buying. Maybe I'll buy SWW because I have it five times now (each is different: cassette, LP, remastered CD, Japanese import, DualDisc) and maybe New Jersey since it's the best album ever released. But I really don't like the idea of having an old album extended with anything different. I have critisied every band for doing it :(

Rdkopper 04-22-2010 05:51 PM

If you buy the entire box set, you get a DVD of Access All Areas.

If the price is right, It's not a bad thing to add to your collection. I'd say under 50.00 bucks for me, is a good deal

Does anyone know the price for the entire collection? They'll probably offer a special promo price in it's first week of release.

Don't forget, for every box set sold, that's counts as 10 albums sold.

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 985177)
I was replying to jungleland's post where he had asked something like: Who needs BJ remasters with live songs? My reply was that nobody needs it. It wasn't about the Def Leppard albums.

I like Adrenalize more then Pyromania :) I didn't do any research but I think the songs on the bonuses had been released on singles or Retroactive album before. At least, it was all remastered so it was worth buying. And it was only three albums (maybe because the rest is shit :) ) and not ten (even if some of them are shit :) ) and it included demos etc and not only live songs.

As I said, I'll listen to it at shop or download it and then decide if it is worth buying. Maybe I'll buy SWW because I have it five times now (each is different: cassette, LP, remastered CD, Japanese import, DualDisc) and maybe New Jersey since it's the best album ever released. But I really don't like the idea of having an old album extended with anything different. I have critisied every band for doing it :(

Oh, I see. Something was lost in the translation so it sounded like you were referring to the Leppard releases.

Yes, the bonus material on the Deluxe Leppard packaging are all from the singles corresponding to the album, except for Pyromania's (which is just the live Los Angeles Forum show edited, which I had in full already.) So you are essentially picking up in one package what people had bought spread out all over the place in various single formats at the time of release. That is why you have live versions of songs from Hysteria on the Adrenalize set. They just happened to be the B sides to Adrenalize singles.

The ONLY reason I will likely buy Adrenalize at some point is for the B-sides.

I'd rather see something like this from Bon Jovi instead of what we are getting here.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-22-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 985178)
If you buy the entire box set, you get a DVD of Access All Areas.
If the price is right, It's not a bad thing to add to your collection. I'd say under 50.00 bucks for me, is a good deal

Does anyone know the price for the entire collection? They'll probably offer a special promo price in it's first week of release.

Don't forget, for every box set sold, that's counts as 10 albums sold.

Where did you read that? :D

Rdkopper 04-22-2010 09:53 PM

Crush Magazine.com This was translated form Spanish to English:

22/04/2010
Tour Edition Box Set The early departure to 11 May.
Antimusic.com has confirmed the departure of the Tour Edition Box set albums with Bon Jovi will be brought forward to 11 May. The items included as a bonus live track has been recorded from sound checks to parts of only 500 people. Also attached postcards representing each period for each CD and replicas of all the passes for the concerts in each of the times by which people can access the web exclusive footage, photos and additional audio.

HMV has announced that the May 26 call will be available the Tour Edition Box Set, a box of 11 Bon Jovi albums plus three songs live in each of them and the DVD Access All Areas, no doubt a new scheme for take money out of the "new" fans since the majority of lifelong fans already bought the 11 CD in your day and, perhaps, the live tracks also if at the time bought the singles from each album. The bonus: the DVD Access All Areas, a documentary that many fans already have on VHS. The live tracks already confirmed are:

CD1-Bon Jovi (1984) CD1-Bon Jovi (1984)
Bonus live versions of 'Runaway', 'Roulette', 'Breakout' and 'Get Ready'. Bonus live versions of 'Runaway', 'Roulette', 'Breakout' and 'Get Ready'.

CD2-7800° Fahrenheit (1985) CD2-7800 ° Fahrenheit (1985)
Bonus: live versions of 'In And Out Of Love', 'Only Lonely' and 'Tokyo Road'. Bonus: live versions of 'In And Out Of Love', 'Only Lonely' and 'Tokyo Road'.

CD3-Slippery When Wet (1986) CD3-Slippery When Wet (1986)
Bonus : live versions of 'You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Livin' On A Prayer' and 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' (acoustic). Bonus: live versions of 'You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Livin' On A Prayer 'and' Wanted Dead Or Alive '(acoustic).

CD4-New Jersey (1988) CD4-New Jersey (1988)
Bonus Tracks: live extended versions of 'Blood On Blood' and 'I'll Be There For You'. Bonus Tracks: extended live versions of 'Blood On Blood' and 'I'll Be There For You'.

CD5-Keep The Faith (1992) CD5-Keep The Faith (1992)
Bonus: live versions of 'Keep The Faith' and 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead'. Bonus: live versions of 'Keep The Faith' and 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead'.

CD6-These Days (1995) Bonus: live versions of 'This Ain't A Love Song' and 'Diamond Ring'. CD6-These Days (1995) Bonus: live versions of 'This Is not A Love Song' and 'Diamond Ring'.

CD7-Crush (2000) CD7-Crush (2000)
Bonus: live versions of 'It's My Life,' 'Just Older' and 'Captain Crash & The Bonus: live versions of 'It's My Life, "" Just Older' and 'Captain Crash & The
Beauty Queen From Mars'. Beauty Queen From Mars'.

CD8-Bounce (2002) CD8-Bounce (2002)
Bonus: live versions of 'The Distance,' 'Joey,' 'Hook Me Up' and 'Bounce'. Bonus: live versions of "The Distance," "Joey," "Hook Me Up 'and' Bounce '.

CD9-Have A Nice Day (2005) CD9-Have A Nice Day (2005)
Bonus Tracks: live versions of 'Have A Nice Day,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'Story Of My Life' and 'Who Says You, Can't Go Home' with Jennifer Nettles of SUGARLAND. Bonus Tracks: live versions of 'Have A Nice Day,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'Story Of My Life' and 'Who Says You, Can not Go Home "with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland.

CD10-Lost Highway (2007) CD10-Lost Highway (2007)
Bonus: live versions of 'Lost Highway,' 'We Got It Going On,' 'Any Other Day' and 'I Love This Town' Bonus: live versions of 'Lost Highway,' 'We Got It Going On, "" Any Other Day' and 'I Love This Town'

CD11-The Circle (2010) Bonus: Por confirmar CD11-The Circle (2010) Bonus: TBC

Supersonic 04-22-2010 10:10 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 985215)
perhaps, the live tracks also if at the time bought the singles from each album.

If it'll be the live tracks of the previous singles there's absolutely no need to buy the albums. However, they've never released live versions of certain songs so I doubt this.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-22-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 985216)
Aloha !

If it'll be the live tracks of the previous singles there's absolutely no need to buy the albums. However, they've never released live versions of certain songs so I doubt this.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

And they said "I'll Be There For You" is gonna be extended, and the two versions released are not. So that has to be new as well.

SexxAtraxxion 04-23-2010 03:07 AM

Wait wait..

It's going to be a box set including all the albums with bonus live tracks, or the albums will be sold separately?

Best regards,
the Sexx

Emisambora 04-23-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 985251)
Wait wait..

It's going to be a box set including all the albums with bonus live tracks, or the albums will be sold separately?

Best regards,
the Sexx

both

(Si queres los compras de a uno, o todos juntos. Quiza el box viene con Acces All Areas en DVD)

tigrs99 04-23-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 985046)
Ah Ok... that's something I never got a hold on. Do you know where it was recorded? It also features a live version of "Misunderstood", I figure that's the one from the Grand Ballroom?

Here is Tracklist from Bounce Target CD
1 Breathe (Demo)
2 Lucky (Demo)
3 No Regrets (Demo)
4 Standing (Demo)
5 We Can Dance
6 Misunderstood (Live)
7 Everyday (Acoustic)
8 Just Older (LIve)

Chk on Amazon I got my Target CD from there few months ago
Bon Jovi - Target Stores Exclusive ((Rare Tracks... Bon Jovi - Target Stores Exclusive ((Rare Tracks...