Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   THINFS Tour ticket prices (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70184)

PioPaj 01-12-2018 03:12 PM

THINFS Tour ticket prices

Hi guys,
I'm quite new here but I have been constantly visiting this community for a couple of years now.
I'm planning to attend to Bon Jovi's MSG concert but I would like to ask you, if anyone of you had a chance in the past to see BJ at MSG? Do you happen to know what were the ticket prices back then?

Thank you in advance!

Peter

bjcrazycpa 01-12-2018 09:30 PM

I have been to nearly all the MSG shows and they tend to be a bit more pricey because of the NYC market. I haven't seen the latest prices listed yet but I imagine they will be in the $250 and up range for non nosebleeds. Last time floor was around $400 and up if you wanted to be somewhat close.

Becky 01-12-2018 09:50 PM

Houston tickets are already on scalper sites even though they are not on sale yet. Front row are over $3,600 each.

bobbye49 01-12-2018 09:57 PM

I hope somebody who bought the half price Denver tickets today will give us a heads up on prices.

24Roses 01-12-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232575)
Houston tickets are already on scalper sites even though they are not on sale yet. Front row are over $3,600 each.

Tickets for St. Paul Minnesota are also on a scalper site even though they don't go on sale until mid February.

24Roses 01-12-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbye49 (Post 1232576)
I hope somebody who bought the half price Denver tickets today will give us a heads up on prices.

I got an e-mail from the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee. I followed a link and the prices are as follows: $29.50, 39.50, 59.50, 94.50, 149.50, 349.50, 449.50, & 549.50 (plus applicable fees). I assume the last 3 are vip/special package prices.

bobbye49 01-13-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Roses (Post 1232578)
I got an e-mail from the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee. I followed a link and the prices are as follows: $29.50, 39.50, 59.50, 94.50, 149.50, 349.50, 449.50, & 549.50 (plus applicable fees). I assume the last 3 are vip/special package prices.

Thanks! Based on previous prices, I think it's more likely that the last 3 are ticket only prices for the front few rows.

Becky 01-13-2018 12:13 AM

What is really going to kill is the added Ticketmaster fees. I bought tix for something about two months ago and the TM fees for two tickets cost more than the face value of a single ticket (about $70).

Becky 01-16-2018 05:44 PM

I got floor seats for Atlanta and New Orleans. The base price was about $150, but Ticketmaster fees knocked the Atlanta tickets to almost $200 each and New Orleans to about $175 each. The NO tickets are better than the more expensive Atlanta tickets.

Dicanio 01-16-2018 06:15 PM

Does anyone know how much the Backstage fan club packages are this time around and what they are offering? Do they have the best seats or can younstill get thesebvia ticketmaster etc?

Becky 01-16-2018 06:19 PM

I got fan club tickets, but I didn’t look at the package offers. So you can get good seats without the package deals.

Kathleen 01-16-2018 07:23 PM

I didn't look at the package offers either. We got tickets for Newark night 1, Mohegan Sun, and MSG night 2.

I'm happy with them :D

24Roses 01-16-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbye49 (Post 1232579)
Thanks! Based on previous prices, I think it's more likely that the last 3 are ticket only prices for the front few rows.

Your welcome. Needless to say I won't be buying anything from the top 3 price levels!

24Roses 01-16-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232853)
I got floor seats for Atlanta and New Orleans. The base price was about $150, but Ticketmaster fees knocked the Atlanta tickets to almost $200 each and New Orleans to about $175 each. The NO tickets are better than the more expensive Atlanta tickets.

Crap! Those extra fees are going to kill me. Becky, do you print your tickets at home or still get them in the mail? Also, can you please explain to me how Ticketmaster works now? It's been 9 years since I've had to buy tickets with TM. I'm going to look around the website for practice on Thursday because I have a password for Wisconsin. It seems that tickets are distributed very differently now. Also, if you don't buy presale tix do you still have a good chance to get good seats during public sale. I don't want floor, but would like them within the 1st 3 lower levels sections. I'm going to St. Paul so they don't go on sale until Feb. 15 or 16.

MellyMel 01-16-2018 08:24 PM

I’m looking for Charlotte tix, but didn’t buy today. I’ll keep an eye on them, I usually buy closer to show these days. And yes, the fees are beyond ridiculous!

bobbye49 01-16-2018 08:35 PM

We got floor seats for Raleigh, Charlotte, and Atlanta. The seat prices were the same for all three; the service charge was $27 for Charlotte but $63 for Atlanta and Raleigh (per ticket). I don't understand it.

Becky 01-16-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Roses (Post 1232875)
Crap! Those extra fees are going to kill me. Becky, do you print your tickets at home or still get them in the mail? Also, can you please explain to me how Ticketmaster works now? It's been 9 years since I've had to buy tickets with TM. I'm going to look around the website for practice on Thursday because I have a password for Wisconsin. It seems that tickets are distributed very differently now. Also, if you don't buy presale tix do you still have a good chance to get good seats during public sale. I don't want floor, but would like them within the 1st 3 lower levels sections. I'm going to St. Paul so they don't go on sale until Feb. 15 or 16.

I selected Lower Level, but even within 10 seconds of the presale starting, I got the “nothing available matches your request” message. The last time, I was able to “pick your own tickets” option, but that was not available this time either. So my best advice is when they offer you “best available” if it’s decent, grab it. I don’t like floor, but it’s better than 3rd level!

24Roses 01-17-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232879)
I selected Lower Level, but even within 10 seconds of the presale starting, I got the “nothing available matches your request” message. The last time, I was able to “pick your own tickets” option, but that was not available this time either. So my best advice is when they offer you “best available” if it’s decent, grab it. I don’t like floor, but it’s better than 3rd level!

Thanks for responding Becky. I had 3rd level for my very 1st Bon Jovi concert (was desperate). :) Never again did I make that mistake.

Becky 01-17-2018 12:29 AM

I forgot to answer, I get them sent to me by mail. It doesn’t cost anything to do that. I figure if they are already charging so much for a convenience fee, they can print real tickets!

24Roses 01-17-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232892)
I forgot to answer, I get them sent to me by mail. It doesn’t cost anything to do that. I figure if they are already charging so much for a convenience fee, they can print real tickets!

Ok. Thanks! I agree. When I buy tickets for Iowa, there is always an extra charge, but I think it's only $1 each so not bad really.

Becky 01-17-2018 01:23 AM

I ordered all the tickets ( 8 )on my credit card and booked the Omni CNN Center for Atlanta. It’s connected to the arena, best hotel for a show there.

My friend asked me how much she owed me. I said, “Your life savings.” LOL

bjcrazycpa 01-17-2018 04:00 AM

Becky I am goin to New Orleans too! I’m joining two other friends there but hope to see you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becky 01-17-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1232900)
Becky I am goin to New Orleans too! I’m joining two other friends there but hope to see you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Can’t wait to meet you!

Becky 01-22-2018 03:16 AM

I was looking at Atlanta tickets just to see what is available in general sale. The good seats are all “verified resale” tickets. Are these scalpers? Why buy up good seats just to sell them if they aren’t making a profit?

24Roses 01-22-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1233370)
I was looking at Atlanta tickets just to see what is available in general sale. The good seats are all “verified resale” tickets. Are these scalpers? Why buy up good seats just to sell them if they aren’t making a profit?

From what I understand, those "verified resale tickets" are supposed to be "fans reselling to fans", but I call bs. And yes they are making a profit. I don't understand why TicketMaster is allowing them to resell for more than original price. Also, I saw some of the blue dot standard price tickets on lower level towards the back are $569.00 per ticket. How the heck can that be right? I'm talking about Atlanta.

Savvi 01-22-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232580)
What is really going to kill is the added Ticketmaster fees. I bought tix for something about two months ago and the TM fees for two tickets cost more than the face value of a single ticket (about $70).

What. The. Hell. That is crazy! We have ticketmaster fees here in Australia too, but they are never more than maybe 10 bucks are ticket.

MJB12 03-14-2018 11:49 PM

So I'm really curious about ticket prices too. I waited to buy my ticket for the show tonight in Denver until yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to wait for prices on Stubhub to drop real low and get better seats than I would have otherwise. But I happened to search the official venue seller Altitude Tickets, and I bought a 2nd row ticket aisle seat for $104 face value ($124 with fees). There were plenty of other floor seats available at this same price. In the past, I always sat in lower level seats but the prices were usually $200 plus for those. Why was this floor ticket, yet alone a 2nd row floor ticket, *only* $104? Did they slash ticket prices closer to the show in order to sell them, or were the prices on this tour really that much lower?

MellyMel 03-15-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1236055)
So I'm really curious about ticket prices too. I waited to buy my ticket for the show tonight in Denver until yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to wait for prices on Stubhub to drop real low and get better seats than I would have otherwise. But I happened to search the official venue seller Altitude Tickets, and I bought a 2nd row ticket aisle seat for $104 face value ($124 with fees). There were plenty of other floor seats available at this same price. In the past, I always sat in lower level seats but the prices were usually $200 plus for those. Why was this floor ticket, yet alone a 2nd row floor ticket, *only* $104? Did they slash ticket prices closer to the show in order to sell them, or were the prices on this tour really that much lower?

Prices did not start out that cheap. I’ve been watching tickets very closely to several shows. For Denver, SLC, Vegas and Little Rock, they have slashed ticket prices around a week or two before the show. The first 5 or 6 rows are typically $450-$550. Then the rows behind that are normally $350. I just read yesterday that Vegas was offering 1/2 price on all tickets. They just aren’t selling this time around. Venues drop prices as the show gets close.

Bounce7800 03-15-2018 01:42 PM

Given that Bon Jovi aren't an auto sell out, it's probably more prudent to hold off on ticket purchases until as late as possible, as it's not a case of fixed prices and first come first served on the best seats. Hicking the prices up early to try and make as much money from the fans who are used to buying at onsale dates and then adjusting to fill what's left at the end.

Given how TM seem to be slipping in loads of "premium" priced tickets for good seats at other shows on the main TM site, if and when they do play Europe it's also probably not the best move to simply rush to buy in pre sale or as soon as they go onsale as it's a different ball game since the last time they toured.

golittleperson 04-11-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232894)
I ordered all the tickets ( 8 )on my credit card and booked the Omni CNN Center for Atlanta. It’s connected to the arena, best hotel for a show there.

My friend asked me how much she owed me. I said, “Your life savings.” LOL

Love the Omni - and Olympic park is right across the street, I could see some of the band doing their morning run.........
Enjoy Atlanta and the show.

Becky 04-11-2018 10:23 PM

My friend who is as crazy as me and I upgraded to front row in Atlanta. The exact tickets on the other side were 5x the price we paid.