Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Bon Jovi album update.... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53958)

rolo_tomachi 06-03-2012 03:29 AM

These Days still rock, but Alicia sound pop. Bon Jovi need more rock. A decade expecting a different album, but they continue with the same sound for undemanding audiences.

Sorry to be so repetitive with my attitude.

Bounce7800 06-03-2012 01:53 PM

I dont see why people fear collaborations with contemporary artists. It can only be a good thing, increasing the exposure for the song and bringing new fans to the band. Look at how many people have got music from bands that have worked with Bon Jovi over the years?

BonJovi100 06-03-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

I think this could be for a song for Alicia Keys, considering even Richie was recording for her some days ago and that he also wrote on Twitter in these last hours that he was going back to NYC to do some jamming... so, I don't think it's for the Jovi album! Don't panic!
Richie was alone in studio work for Alicia
We see Alicia + Jon and ... Shanks who is producer of new BJ album not Alicia. I think it's 99% for BJ album.

Quote:

This means that the new Bon Jovi album will have the same direction as the last work of Shanks, a new Have a nice Day / Lost Highway are on their way.
If they want do another HAND style album it would be greatest what they can do!!

Becky 06-03-2012 06:49 PM

I'm not a fan of AK, but I don't dread the idea of her being on a BJ album. It just shows they have the creative freedom to do what they want. I mean Big and Rich on one hand and Alicia Keys on the other... makes me think this album could have a lot diversity which would be great.

GabrielC 06-03-2012 07:05 PM

Bad diversity. Half wannabe country and half pop? This is bad, really bad.

samboraisgodUK 06-03-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1084185)

Don't be ridiculous. You don't even know if either of these songs will end up on the album. Far too early for statements like that.

TwinFan 06-03-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1084185)

Then don't freaking listen to it. We don't even have a release date, let alone any snippets, let alone any whiff of a new single.

If you're already feeling like this before there's even any official word of a new album, then you're gonna dislike it no matter how good it is.

As samboraisgod just said, you have no idea how these songs will turn out, or if they'll even be included. And besides, they're not going to put out another These Days. I think that needs to be repeated.

Bon Jovi will never put out another album with the quality of Slippery, New Jersey, Faith, or These Days.

So don't expect one.

Sorry, but it's true. They just don't have it in them. They may put out the odd song or two that may be of exceptional quality, and a new album may be a great album, but as far as an album chocked full of excellent songs like SWW-TD, it's just not going to happen. If you don't like the new music, listen to the fantastic Bon Jovi back-catalog.

I'm not being pessimistic, but realistic.

/rant

Captain_jovi 06-03-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1084189)
Then don't freaking listen to it. We don't even have a release date, let alone any snippets, let alone any whiff of a new single.

If you're already feeling like this before there's even any official word of a new album, then you're gonna dislike it no matter how good it is.

As samboraisgod just said, you have no idea how these songs will turn out, or if they'll even be included. And besides, they're not going to put out another These Days. I think that needs to be repeated.

Bon Jovi will never put out another album with the quality of Slippery, New Jersey, Faith, or These Days.

So don't expect one.

Sorry, but it's true. They just don't have it in them. They may put out the odd song or two that may be of exceptional quality, and a new album may be a great album, but as far as an album chocked full of excellent songs like SWW-TD, it's just not going to happen. If you don't like the new music, listen to the fantastic Bon Jovi back-catalog.

I'm not being pessimistic, but realistic.

/rant

I honestly think they have it in them but choose not to put something like that out.

TwinFan 06-03-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1084190)
I honestly think they have it in them but choose not to put something like that out.

That may be true, but if they DID have it in them, why wouldn't they want to put it out? Maybe I'm wrong, but if you take the best 12 songs off of all 5 of the 2000's albums and compile them into one record, it still wouldn't be as good as SWW-TD.

But then again, it's just subjective, too. I absolutely love Captain Crash. ;)

Captain_jovi 06-03-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1084191)
That may be true, but if they DID have it in them, why wouldn't they want to put it out? Maybe I'm wrong, but if you take the best 12 songs off of all 5 of the 2000's albums and compile them into one record, it still wouldn't be as good as SWW-TD.

But then again, it's just subjective, too. I absolutely love Captain Crash. ;)

Subjective is a good word for it. I really think TD and DA bombing in the states got Jon so butt-hurt and refuses to put out introspective material hence his ranting in When We Were Beautiful. He/They limit the amount of songs like that on an album, makes me sad.