Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DeF LEppARd (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31919)

SamboraQueen21 02-11-2006 04:07 PM

Well you know how they do their famous closing at every show "Don't forget us and we won't forget you"? It seems alot of fans have kind of forgotten them. Like I said it's too bad because they have so many really great songs that never get old.

Dave 1986 10-25-2020 04:12 PM

In commemoration of the 25th Anniversary of Vault, Def Leppard are streaming their 24hour acoustic tour which was used to promote the album;

https://youtu.be/uno6jqs57TY

Dave 1986 03-17-2022 04:11 PM

Diamond Star Halos

New album Diamond Star Halos available May 27th, 2022.

https://defleppardssl-primarywave.ne...s--500x500.png

New single “Kick”.

Track list

“Take What You Want”
“Kick”
“Fire It Up”
“This Guitar” [feat. Alison Krauss]
“SOS Emergency”
“Liquid Dust”
“U Rok Mi”
“Goodbye For Good This Time”
“All We Need”
“Open Your Eyes”
“Gimme A Kiss”
“Angels (Can’t Help You Now)”
“Lifeless” [feat. Alison Krauss]
“Unbreakable”
“From Here To Eternity”

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks
“Goodbye For Good This Time (Avant-garde Mix)”
“Lifeless (Joe Only version)”

Totally out of the blue but then I’ve not paid too much attention to what the band have been doing outside their official Twitter/Instagram.

Captain_jovi 03-17-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1278073)
New album Diamond Star Halos available May 27th, 2022.

New single “Kick”.

https://youtu.be/SeWFvZX2lkI

Track list

“Take What You Want”
“Kick”
“Fire It Up”
“This Guitar” [feat. Alison Krauss]
“SOS Emergency”
“Liquid Dust”
“U Rok Mi”
“Goodbye For Good This Time”
“All We Need”
“Open Your Eyes”
“Gimme A Kiss”
“Angels (Can’t Help You Now)”
“Lifeless” [feat. Alison Krauss]
“Unbreakable”
“From Here To Eternity”

Totally out of the blue but then I’ve not paid too much attention to what the band have been doing outside their official Twitter/Instagram.

Yeah even following what they've been up to, this is massive surprise release.

Dave 1986 03-17-2022 05:23 PM

DeF LEppARd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278074)
Yeah even following what they've been up to, this is massive surprise release.

I was thinking recently it’s been several years now since their last album and half-assumed that they were unlikely to make more after that. The new single is ok for me, nothing special. But I’m sure the rest of the album will have at least some songs that I’ll really like. The last 2 albums, while being fairly average IMO, had at least one song each that I considered amongst their best (Go, Tomorrow, Dangerous) so hopefully this new album will at least have that.

Thinny 03-17-2022 05:38 PM

I really like the track. Very 70's British Glam Rock sounding. Which i guess is to be expected, as the album title is from a T-Rex song!

Captain_jovi 03-17-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1278075)
I was thinking recently it’s been several years now since their last album and half-assumed that they were unlikely to make more after that. The new single is ok for me, nothing special. But I’m sure the rest of the album will have at least some songs that I’ll really like. The last 2 albums, while being fairly average IMO, had at least one song each that I considered amongst their best (Go, Tomorrow, Dangerous) so hopefully this new album will at least have that.

I really liked the last album but at 14 songs and 15 songs on this one....not everything hits with me. I think they could have taken the best 10 or 12 on Def Leppard and made a killer album.

Kick isn't doing much for me but I like that it wasn't just a rehash of Pour Some Sugar on Me like Let's Go was.

Dave 1986 03-17-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278077)
I really liked the last album but at 14 songs and 15 songs on this one....not everything hits with me. I think they could have taken the best 10 or 12 on Def Leppard and made a killer album.

Kick isn't doing much for me but I like that it wasn't just a rehash of Pour Some Sugar on Me like Let's Go was.

Def Leppard (2015) was decent but only a few songs really jumped out at me, like “Dangerous” and “Let’s Go”. I think you’re right, maybe if it was cut down to 10-12 songs it would have been a more solid album. And I am glad that “Kick” is at least not another “PSSoM” clone like “Let’s Go” and “Undefeated”, even though I liked both of those.

Thinny 03-18-2022 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1278080)
Def Leppard (2015) was decent but only a few songs really jumped out at me, like “Dangerous” and “Let’s Go”. I think you’re right, maybe if it was cut down to 10-12 songs it would have been a more solid album. And I am glad that “Kick” is at least not another “PSSoM” clone like “Let’s Go” and “Undefeated”, even though I liked both of those.

I thought Let's Go was dreadful, it was a very poor Sugar clone, but to me it was like One Direction trying to do Def Leppard. It had a horrible sickly sweet pop feel about it. Can't stand it. Kick has much more balls!

On the last album I preferred stuff like Battle Of My Own and Wings Of An Angel. I found the majority of it hard work.

Captain_jovi 03-18-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1278088)
I thought Let's Go was dreadful, it was a very poor Sugar clone, but to me it was like One Direction trying to do Def Leppard. It had a horrible sickly sweet pop feel about it. Can't stand it. Kick has much more balls!

On the last album I preferred stuff like Battle Of My Own and Wings Of An Angel. I found the majority of it hard work.

Yeah that's fair. There are songs I LOVE (Sea of Love, Battle of My Own, Wings of An Angel, Blind Faith) and a whole lot of songs that are.....FINE I guess? Just a lotta fat on these albums.