Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

AnnieKTF 09-20-2014 09:26 PM

The Gaslight Anthem in Zagreb in November.

Looking forward to it! :multi:

Sambo-Chris 10-06-2014 07:18 PM

Rock im Park incl. Foo Fighters.

Johny 10-06-2014 07:32 PM

Queen + Adam Lambert!

liljovi93 10-07-2014 12:01 PM

Heavens Basement next month!

Sambo-Chris 10-07-2014 11:42 PM

Daughtry today.a friend asked me to join him coz his wife got sick. Okay did not buy the ticket though lol.

Sambo-Chris 10-16-2014 06:05 PM

Chuck Ragan in Berlin, Hannover and Hamburg around easter next year.

Jim Bon Jovi 10-16-2014 07:56 PM

I was in Hamburg over the past few days and managed to catch a few gigs.

My girlfriend and I were wandering down the Repperbahn when we came across a group of emos hanging around outside a club in the afternoon. We took a wander over and discovered that the 1975 were playing that night. The box office was closed but we happened upon a ticket shop across from a bar we went for a pint in so we got tickets for 20 euros a piece - a mate from work paid over 90 quid for him and his girlfriend to see them less than 2 weeks ago over here :D

The night after that a friend who's living out there invited us to see the Allah Lah's at another club ont he Reeperbahn. I'd never heard of them (and to be honest I was pretty drunk by the time we got to see them so don't remember any of their tunes) but they were nice if a bit inoffensive musically.

Captain Walrus 10-19-2014 01:31 AM

Slipknot \m/

life_of_agony 10-21-2014 11:32 PM

I just bought tickets to see Orianthi in Adelaide in December and have also bought my tix and have my flights/accommodation booked to see Sixx:AM in LA and Vegas in April. Psyched! \m/

mo_rizwan 11-25-2014 01:40 AM

Snoop Dogg, Indigo2.

Bought the ticket this morning, before heading to The O2 to see Linkin Park again :)

C'monFeet 12-17-2014 10:07 PM

Idina.

Ricky Skywalker 12-24-2014 09:36 PM

Def Leppard and AC/DC, both are gong to happen next summer, both in my hometown, Warsaw :)

golittleperson 12-25-2014 10:24 PM

I didn't technically "buy" them but it was a very Merry Christmas - My Son, Daughter and SIL gave me Fleetwood Mac Tickets - show time March!!!!!!!!!

Sambo-Chris 01-18-2015 12:24 PM

Rival sons hannover april 9

CharlieShipley 02-22-2015 12:41 AM

Gonna get tix on payday for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds in Vegas May 22.

Walleris 03-27-2015 11:52 PM

Just came back from seeing Bryan Adams.

It was Reckless album 30th anniversary tour concert, so he played the whole thing, followed by a bunch of hits from other albums.

Had a great time. Bryan's vocals are very strong for his age, the majority of songs were played in original key. I do remember a few years ago watching his Lisbon DVD (which was from 2004 or something like that; too lazy to check, sorry) and was a bit dissapointed by many re-arranged and down-tuned songs. So I don't know if he had vocal problems before, but I was really impressed by his performance tonight.

And he played pretty much every hit I could think of, maybe could've added Here I Am, but everything else was on the setlist. 27 songs and one great evening.

Thunderstrucker 03-28-2015 12:02 AM

I've seen Adams during the Reckless 30th anniversary tour as well and I agree that his vocals are very very strong. He really delivers on all the songs, the new and the old. I recall him singing the bridge of Long Gone and he stopped guitar playing to really focus on reaching the high notes. He pushed out all he got and I as well therefore had a great evening!

- TS

life_of_agony 03-29-2015 07:39 AM

I'm getting excited now...flying out to Las Vegas/LA to see Sixx: AM in a week and a half and then the following month I am seeing Motley back in Australia. Shit's gonna be awesome.

dcj28 03-31-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1186372)
I'm getting excited now...flying out to Las Vegas/LA to see Sixx: AM in a week and a half and then the following month I am seeing Motley back in Australia. Shit's gonna be awesome.

Sixx am Eclipse and Heat are all I'm listening to at the moment. Didn't like Modern Vintage at first but a few listens and love it now. A mate asked me what they're like,I told him depends which album you listen to.

golittleperson 04-05-2015 07:37 PM

Been meaning to update: Fleetwood Mac was a great show. The famous 5 seemed to be sincerely grateful to be back together. They opened with the Chain, flawless but it should be. The second song was off key and I started to worry a bit. I had taken my son (just turned 19) kicking and screaming all the way. They quickly recovered and knocked it out of the park for the next hour and 45. Buckingham went into an extended guitar lead to Big Love and by then my son was asking for names of songs so he could add to his player. (Would love to see that done as a remix.) Loved seeing a young mind converted to the gift of old rock n roll. He had heard them, I play them, but like most teens he had pretty much ignored it. Leaving, he was ready for a tour shirt..... No theatrics, just music. The screens could be better but the show was worth the cost of admission - which is kinda pricy btw.

Thunderstrucker 04-05-2015 11:36 PM

I saw them on their previous tour and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. The previous tour I was bored, really bored. Too many soft songs, too long pauses between songs, too many too long introductions to songs that eventually nobody cared about and a drum-solo that could have been played by a 2-year-old. For me it was one of the worst shows I've been to in years!
Therefore I am happy that with this new tour they implemented the 'fun'-factor again as I could not see any of it the concert I've been to.

- TS

Walleris 04-06-2015 01:07 AM

Just came back from FINALLY seeing Robbie Williams, one of my favorites for about 12 years. Wouldn't call myself a die-hard these days, but it was long overdue so I was happy that it finally happened.

It was his first show in Lithuania, so the crowd was absolutely electric, one of the loudest I've been a part of. The earth was shaking during Let Me Entertain You!

Overall I was satisfied. Anyone who's ever been into Robbie obviously knows he's one of a kind showman and has that rock star charisma that is so lacking in music these days. So it was awesome to finally witness that in person and not on DVD/YouTube.

What was the most pleasing (and surprising!) was to see him in top form! Physically and vocally. Obviously, he was a fat **** during his big 2013 tour, but he looks good again in 2015. But what I actually care about is that ever since he rejoined Take That his voice got a lot deeper (smoking, lifestyle choices, etc.) and he was losing his tone and in a lot of songs he resorted to shouting. But on this tour he is sounding really good! Not 90s-good, but mid 00s-good before the big vocal decline I mentioned.

Some setlist choices I found odd, which I won't go into detail, but that's always unfair, cause I like so many songs of his, so he could've never pleased me completely. What I really enjoyed is that he's still playing Better Man (probably his most underrated song and one of my favorites), but he's doing a duet with his dad. It's not a musical masterpiece and I didn't feel much when I watched it on YouTube, but being live it was really a touching moment and I'm glad they are playing this version.

So yeah, not the best show ever or anything, but a damn good one and definitely one of my bucketlist!

golittleperson 04-06-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1186591)
I saw them on their previous tour and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. The previous tour I was bored, really bored. Too many soft songs, too long pauses between songs, too many too long introductions to songs that eventually nobody cared about and a drum-solo that could have been played by a 2-year-old. For me it was one of the worst shows I've been to in years!
Therefore I am happy that with this new tour they implemented the 'fun'-factor again as I could not see any of it the concert I've been to.

- TS

Either they deserve awards for acting or having Christine back helped the chemistry. I'm a massive Nicks fan but Buckingham for me stole the show. No lags, and your right - Mick is not the finest drummer (pulled the set to the front for one song) but it's perspective... a bit of history I guess. The intros I enjoyed, knew most of the stories but I didn't know that the Velvet Underground in the 60's was a high end hippy clothing store. Thought it was a club. The painted floors... of course we didn't have the internet to share everything "way back when." Stevie's voice was on mark for most of the night (song #2 she & Christine were off) and only Ann Wilson to me is her equal - so I was a very happy lady. John did seem like a shadow, literally stayed in the dark most of the show and never spoke. It had been so many years ago that I last saw them - don't know if he ever does? If someone is looking for lots of high energy, not the show to go, but just talent - it was on that stage.

liljovi93 04-07-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186592)
Just came back from FINALLY seeing Robbie Williams, one of my favorites for about 12 years. Wouldn't call myself a die-hard these days, but it was long overdue so I was happy that it finally happened.

It was his first show in Lithuania, so the crowd was absolutely electric, one of the loudest I've been a part of. The earth was shaking during Let Me Entertain You!

Overall I was satisfied. Anyone who's ever been into Robbie obviously knows he's one of a kind showman and has that rock star charisma that is so lacking in music these days. So it was awesome to finally witness that in person and not on DVD/YouTube.

What was the most pleasing (and surprising!) was to see him in top form! Physically and vocally. Obviously, he was a fat **** during his big 2013 tour, but he looks good again in 2015. But what I actually care about is that ever since he rejoined Take That his voice got a lot deeper (smoking, lifestyle choices, etc.) and he was losing his tone and in a lot of songs he resorted to shouting. But on this tour he is sounding really good! Not 90s-good, but mid 00s-good before the big vocal decline I mentioned.

Some setlist choices I found odd, which I won't go into detail, but that's always unfair, cause I like so many songs of his, so he could've never pleased me completely. What I really enjoyed is that he's still playing Better Man (probably his most underrated song and one of my favorites), but he's doing a duet with his dad. It's not a musical masterpiece and I didn't feel much when I watched it on YouTube, but being live it was really a touching moment and I'm glad they are playing this version.

So yeah, not the best show ever or anything, but a damn good one and definitely one of my bucketlist!

Robbie is well worth a watch. Always liked him but only been to see him live once, unfortunately. Prices are quite high to go and see him!

I seen him in 2013 and absolutely loved the show. He puts on one hell of a show and always gives 100%. Energy levels are superb and he gets the crowd going in whatever song he sings.

His voice is certainly getting better than what it was. His shouting hurt my ears but he seems to be singing slightly more which is a good sign.

I'll be seeing him again hopefully.

Walleris 05-06-2015 11:45 PM

The Who, July 2nd at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam.

Never was a huge fan, only like a few songs, but I figure it's definitely in a list of legendary artists one should see live before it's too late :)

steel_horse75 05-08-2015 04:09 PM

The Wildhearts PHUQ album 20th anniversary tour.

steel_horse75 05-08-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1186372)

Loved the first two albums. Third one really disappointed me but would love to see them live

life_of_agony 05-15-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1187531)
Loved the first two albums. Third one really disappointed me but would love to see them live

The new album wasn't as instant as their first two, but I absolutely love it now. Not as heavy as their previous two, but still amazing. If you get a chance to see them live, do it. I can't even begin to describe how good they were. The whole show rocked, from Vamps (amazing Japanese Rock band, brilliant live), to the mighty Apocalyptica and then Sixx:AM were huge. Well worth the long trip from Australia to check them out.

Oh, and I am seeing Motley in less than a week.

steel_horse75 05-15-2015 02:53 PM

The Darkness 3rd June and Foo Fighters 25 June.

DevilsSon 05-15-2015 05:03 PM

AC ****in' DC!!!!!!!

Thunderstrucker 05-16-2015 09:49 AM

I was there when they kicked off their tour in The Netherlands, together with Thierry. They rocked for 110 minutes but I have to say that the new songs weren't that solid live though Shoot To Thrill and the other familiarities sounded awesome and I have to add; Slade on drums is so much better then Rudd.

Enjoy DS!
I salute you,
TS

steel_horse75 05-16-2015 09:15 PM

AC/DC are good live but see one show on the tour and you've seen them all. Same 18 songs every night

KeepTheFaith2211 05-19-2015 02:54 PM

Hozier....

DevilsSon 07-19-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1187892)
AC/DC are good live but see one show on the tour and you've seen them all. Same 18 songs every night

Seen them 3 times on this tour and could've done 20 gigs. I agree with you, the setlist is the same but the performances do differ. However, that's not the point, the point is the enthusiasm, energy and connection with the crowd. No other band can get 70 000 people in the palm of their hand quite like that.

Having said that, I just booked a flight to Zurich to see DIE TOTEN HOSEN on the 15th August in the same stadium that Live from the Crush Tour is filmed.

I am so excited. SO EXCITED. Die Toten Hosen were at the very top of my bands to see list.
https://youtu.be/2qabyVnx7F4?t=86

life_of_agony 10-23-2015 11:37 AM

I am finally seeing Life Of Agony live!
No one here would probably give a shit but this is beyond huge for me. I frigging love this band. It looks unlikely they will come to Australia any time soon so my lovely wife has agreed to let me fly over to New Jersey in December to see them.
LIFE OF AGONY!!!!!!!!!
NEW JERSEY!!!

Yep. I'm pumped.

steel_horse75 10-23-2015 02:42 PM

The first LOA album was great.

Pleased you finally seeing them.

No gigs on the horizon for me.

Savvi 10-23-2015 05:49 PM

I was at the AFL Grand Final after party concert by Bryan Adams and he was great! Already got my tickets for next March when he tours Oz for his Get Up Tour.

life_of_agony 10-23-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1197015)
The first LOA album was great.

Pleased you finally seeing them.

No gigs on the horizon for me.

I can't wait. Looks pretty likely that I am going to get to meet the band as well which makes it even huger.
Not looking forward to the flights, but that is another story.

Now the really important stuff - I am currently researching good places to get quality beer in New Jersey. If anyone knows of any, feel free to let me know!

KSantaFe 10-23-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1197022)
I was at the AFL Grand Final after party concert by Bryan Adams and he was great! Already got my tickets for next March when he tours Oz for his Get Up Tour.

That would have been awesome! He's a class act that guy, and his new album is pretty amazing. My favourite from Get Up! is Yesterday Was Just A Dream.

life_of_agony 10-23-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1197022)

You're a West Coast fan, aren't you? Were you at the game?
Get ready for Port Adelaide to be back up there and premiers in 2016!