Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 05-31-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1253233)
I might do!!
I’ll see the gig at Wembley and then let you know. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay mate just let me know

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

liljovi93 07-06-2019 11:53 PM

https://youtu.be/f37-OkMzO6s

New Podcast is live!

Sound was off for a bit near the start. I think on my end, it detected my laptop microphone and not my podcast microphone.

I'm going to be buying a new laptop as I've had problems recently.

james_d 07-07-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1256714)
https://youtu.be/f37-OkMzO6s

New Podcast is live!

Sound was off for a bit near the start. I think on my end, it detected my laptop microphone and not my podcast microphone.

I'm going to be buying a new laptop as I've had problems recently.

Fun be being on again mate, the best one we've done together at least

Jeeper 07-12-2019 09:04 AM

Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1256715)
Fun be being on again mate, the best one we've done together at least

Another great podcast.

I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been more traction on these tbh.

It’s so interesting hearing other peoples opinions rather than just reading them.

I’d love to hear more people off here come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 07-12-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1257003)
Another great podcast.

I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been more traction on these tbh.

It’s so interesting hearing other peoples opinions rather than just reading them.

I’d love to hear more people off here come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers mate.

I'd love a few people from here to come on as guests.

Yourself again
bonjovi90
Thierry
Deb
Kev
Rdkopper

Be good to hear from different people.

liljovi93 07-28-2019 06:48 PM

https://youtu.be/PnrE5SDrrJk

So I've changed it a bit. During the first few podcasts, I used to play a snippet game with the guests. 20 songs, couple of seconds teaser and you have to guess the song from the snippet. Quite a bit of fun but something I stopped over the past few months due to rambling on a bit too much and having the podcasts already too long.

I thought I'd do the snippet game as a seperate thing for everyone instead.

I've done 20 songs again but no cryptic clues or other teasers. Just the 2-3 seconds that are originally given.

This one is fairly easy in my opinion but it's only the first one so I'll be making them a bit tougher as we go along.

Have a go, tell me your answers on here, twitter or YouTube.

Subscribe to my page too if you don't mind please. Thanks everyone. Hope you enjoy it.

bonjovi90 07-28-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257886)
https://youtu.be/PnrE5SDrrJk

So I've changed it a bit. During the first few podcasts, I used to play a snippet game with the guests. 20 songs, couple of seconds teaser and you have to guess the song from the snippet. Quite a bit of fun but something I stopped over the past few months due to rambling on a bit too much and having the podcasts already too long.

I thought I'd do the snippet game as a seperate thing for everyone instead.

I've done 20 songs again but no cryptic clues or other teasers. Just the 2-3 seconds that are originally given.

This one is fairly easy in my opinion but it's only the first one so I'll be making them a bit tougher as we go along.

Have a go, tell me your answers on here, twitter or YouTube.

Subscribe to my page too if you don't mind please. Thanks everyone. Hope you enjoy it.

Nice, I like these kind of quizzes! :) Not too sure about 10, it was hard to distinct anything sound wise there, but here's what I got:
1. Lie To Me
2. Novocaine
3. Diamond Ring
4. Labor of Love
5. Burning Bridges
6. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
7. Say It Isn't So
8. In And Out Of Love
9. Homebound Train
10. To The Fire
11. Love For Sale
12. Damned
13. Save The World
14. The Distance
15. If That's What It Takes
16. Undivided
17. Walls
18. You Had Me From Hello
19. Last Cigarette
20. Thick As Thieves

liljovi93 07-28-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257888)
Nice, I like these kind of quizzes! :) Not too sure about 10, it was hard to distinct anything sound wise there, but here's what I got:

1. Lie To Me

2. Novocaine

3. Diamond Ring

4. Labor of Love

5. Burning Bridges

6. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

7. Say It Isn't So

8. In And Out Of Love

9. Homebound Train

10. To The Fire

11. Love For Sale

12. Damned

13. Save The World

14. The Distance

15. If That's What It Takes

16. Undivided

17. Walls

18. You Had Me From Hello

19. Last Cigarette

20. Thick As Thieves

19/20 [emoji1303]

YOVANAfromPeru 07-29-2019 04:58 AM

The 10 one was almost imposible, the 9 one I almost thought was Two Story Town lol, the 14 one I knew was Bounce album but then it took me a little more time to remember what song, the 18 one almost thought was one from the Box Set, and the 20 one I really almost forgot it.
1LTM / 2N / 3DR / 4LOL / 5BB / 6ISWID / 7SIIS / 8IAOFL / 9HT / 10(IDWF)TTF / 11LFS / 12D / 13STW / 14TD / 15ITWIT / 16HMU / 17W / 18YHMFH / 19LC / 20TAT

liljovi93 07-30-2019 07:53 PM

https://youtu.be/jaZl9JkgjAY

Episode 2 of the Bon Jovi Snippet Game!

I personally think this one is much harder!!

YOVANAfromPeru 07-30-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257969)

1RL / 2W / 3MT / 4STTH / 5WAFD / 6WhatTheHellWasThat? / 7WWWB / 8Nah / 9LH / 10ITA / 11??? / 12TWTWMM / 13B / 14Someguitarlol / 15NA / 16Noise / 17No / 18IknowIKnowthisone! / 19IYM / 20Ahhh???
Lol, I probably have 0 this time.

liljovi93 07-31-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257978)
1RL / 2W / 3MT / 4STTH / 5WAFD / 6WhatTheHellWasThat? / 7WWWB / 8Nah / 9LH / 10ITA / 11??? / 12TWTWMM / 13B / 14Someguitarlol / 15NA / 16Noise / 17No / 18IknowIKnowthisone! / 19IYM / 20Ahhh???
Lol, I probably have 0 this time.

[emoji23][emoji23] good efforts (I think) [emoji14]

DM'd your score [emoji1303]

YOVANAfromPeru 07-31-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257993)
[emoji23][emoji23] good efforts (I think) [emoji14]

DM'd your score [emoji1303]

Well, at least my average (1 & 2) is 15 >_< jajaj.

bonjovi90 07-31-2019 01:57 PM

Please edit the original song snippets in afterwards instead of playing them over your PC and recording that output on your microphone. The sound quality partly makes it impossible to decipher anything.

james_d 07-31-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258006)
Please edit the original song snippets in afterwards instead of playing them over your PC and recording that output on your microphone. The sound quality partly makes it impossible to decipher anything.

I'm going to show him how to do so

YOVANAfromPeru 07-31-2019 03:14 PM

Please, Don’t tell me you’re taking this serious... I personally took it like a game, I don’t think the point is to have 20... For me, the point was what you think in your first thought and in that frame of time. Right after I finished the game, and without listen again I realized that 18 was RRR and 20 was TDITT and I just smiled...
I mean, Not like if we have 0 we going to repeat the school >_< jajajaj
Anyway, maybe German people are too serious >_< jajajaj

Supersonic 07-31-2019 04:20 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Pffft excuses excuses. A true Bon Jovi fan would instantly recognize everything whether it'd be played on a Super Audio CD or on a Nokia 3310 played on AM radio coming in from Bucaramanga. You're just frustrated you didn't get them all.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 07-31-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258010)
Aloha !

Pffft excuses excuses. A true Bon Jovi fan would instantly recognize everything whether it'd be played on a Super Audio CD or on a Nokia 3310 played on AM radio coming in from Bucaramanga. You're just frustrated you didn't get them all.

Salaam Aleikum,

Sebastiaan

Pfffft no constructive criticism is welcome here...

But yeah, I gotta give you that one. I got lazy after listening to the first snippet [emoji28]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

liljovi93 08-01-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

You say that, people are getting 19/20

Maybe you're just shit [emoji6]

Nah, James is going to show me. Bare in mind, I'm doing this in the middle of a 16 hour working day. And I work 7 days a week... [emoji1303]

liljovi93 08-01-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258008)
Please, Don’t tell me you’re taking this serious... I personally took it like a game, I don’t think the point is to have 20... For me, the point was what you think in your first thought and in that frame of time. Right after I finished the game, and without listen again I realized that 18 was RRR and 20 was TDITT and I just smiled...

I mean, Not like if we have 0 we going to repeat the school >_< jajajaj

Anyway, maybe German people are too serious >_< jajajaj

Aye, that's the whole point. Think some people take it too serious. Only one person had a low score and that was 9/20.

liljovi93 11-04-2019 08:56 AM

https://youtu.be/_FHyRvZYhbg

Snippet game with a twist. Live performances.

rolo_tomachi 11-07-2019 10:51 PM

EDDIE TRUNK interviews JON BON JOVI on Ritchie Sambora and evolving style

rolo_tomachi 11-07-2019 10:52 PM

EDDIE TRUNK interviews JON BON JOVI on Richie Sambora and evolving style

Captain_jovi 11-07-2019 11:11 PM

A very interesting listen! I didn't appreciate Jon insinuating Bobby was there in case didn't Richie show up, the time lines don't really line up.

bonjovi90 11-08-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259871)
A very interesting listen! I didn't appreciate Jon insinuating Bobby was there in case didn't Richie show up, the time lines don't really line up.

Well, for me they pretty much do. Sure, Bobby and Jeff came on board for the TLFR project and stayed for the HAND cycle, because
a. Shanks had introduced the new sound with an insane amount of guitar and piano layers
b. Jon seemed to want to make his kind of E-Street band at the time

But he stayed after that cycle because Richie's health had become a big liability in 2006.

Rdkopper 11-08-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259871)

That's an old interview... But Bobby was added in 2005 because Jon thought he was needed to evolve their sound... I personally think he was there to fill in vocally. Kinda like the ghost of Alec.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 11-08-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259873)
That's an old interview... But Bobby was added in 2005 because Jon thought he was needed to evolve their sound... I personally think he was there to fill in vocally. Kinda like the ghost of Alec.

Yep, Jon's voice had a rapid decline during the Bounce tour and Bobby was very much needed to save him vocally. As much as he gets slacked for his guitar playing, his singing was extraordinary.

JackieBlue 11-08-2019 04:23 AM

I agree that the most probable explanation for keeping Bobby was to cover Jon's vocals and fill in the harmonies that were missing after Alec left. Keeping him around in case Richie was unreliable doesn't make sense for several reasons:
  • It would had to have happened a lot; often enough to justify the expense of adding (or keeping) another full-time touring member of the band on the payroll. That's gotta be a chunk of change "just in case".
  • If the reason truly was to have somebody waiting in the wings "in case" Richie didn't show up, you'd think Jon would have hired someone he was confident could actually fill in for Richie; well enough that he wouldn't have to worry about making an emergency call to a Phil-X.
  • Most confusing to me, why would Jon say there was no need for a contract? If Richie had been such a problem child, why wasn't there a contract in place that held him legally accountable for not showing up for rehearsals, soundcheck, performances, interviews, etc, or was otherwise unfit to perform the duties his job required?
I believe Jon's a better businessman than that; and he's just rewriting history.

Captain_jovi 11-08-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259880)
I agree that the most probable explanation for keeping Bobby was to cover Jon's vocals and fill in the harmonies that were missing after Alec left. Keeping him around in case Richie was unreliable doesn't make sense for several reasons:
  • It would had to have happened a lot; often enough to justify the expense of adding (or keeping) another full-time touring member of the band on the payroll. That's gotta be a chunk of change "just in case".
  • If the reason truly was to have somebody waiting in the wings "in case" Richie didn't show up, you'd think Jon would have hired someone he was confident could actually fill in for Richie; well enough that he wouldn't have to worry about making an emergency call to a Phil-X.
  • Most confusing to me, why would Jon say there was no need for a contract? If Richie had been such a problem child, why wasn't there a contract in place that held him legally accountable for not showing up for rehearsals, soundcheck, performances, interviews, etc, or was otherwise unfit to perform the duties his job required?
I believe Jon's a better businessman than that; and he's just rewriting history.

Yeah, this. The first "band" thing Bobby was involved in was 2003, then again 2004 and then all tours 2006 forward. Richie only starting missing live shows 2008 onwards. I don't buy that Jon kept him around for that reason. Richie's health being a liability....I don't think Bobby was kept on the payroll in case Richie one day didn't show. Thats a pretty expensive way to cover your ass.

Bobby would have taken the place of Richie, not someone else coming in and replacing him entirely. If Bobby was there as a fail safe in case Richie bailed, would't Bobby be lead guitarist?

bonjovi90 11-08-2019 09:57 PM

I think Bobby was primarily kept around because he and Jon used to be really good friends (and Phil had confirmed that Bobby was essential in terms of keeping the humour up in the band and his vocal contributions). He also used to introduce him onstage as "my good friend Bobby Bandiera..." in later years.
But I'm also quite certain he kept him after the HAND tour in order to have some sort of safety net in case they had to make it through one night when Richie couldn't play. Maybe he had at first even thought that Bobby could handle lead guitar for a couple of shows if needed, we don't know that. After Puerto Rico he certainly knew better. And anyone who had seen Richie deteriorating from early 2006 up to the unplugged show in 2007 can understand that it would've been quite naive to go on like "yeah this will work".

Captain_jovi 11-08-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259901)
I think Bobby was primarily kept around because he and Jon used to be really good friends (and Phil had confirmed that Bobby was essential in terms of keeping the humour up in the band and his vocal contributions). He also used to introduce him onstage as "my good friend Bobby Bandiera..." in later years.
But I'm also quite certain he kept him after the HAND tour in order to have some sort of safety net in case they had to make it through one night when Richie couldn't play. Maybe he had at first even thought that Bobby could handle lead guitar for a couple of shows if needed, we don't know that. After Puerto Rico he certainly knew better. And anyone who had seen Richie deteriorating from early 2006 up to the unplugged show in 2007 can understand that it would've been quite naive to go on like "yeah this will work".

I mean maybe. I still think he was there as an extra vocalist, an extra rhythm guitar and someone who knows the back catalouge better than anyone in the band. There's a reason he's the human jukebox and was probably one of the biggest reasons setlists stopped being so varied when he left. If you're going in to tours with the fear your lead guitarist will go AWOL I can't think Jon would keep someone on stage just in case.

Richie's playing for sure started going downhill 2006 on (or he started getting bored with it, either one, but it's not like his playing went back to what it was pre-2005 when he went on his own). If there was danger of Richie walking as early as 2007 I think the machine would have slowed down a touch.

Rdkopper 11-09-2019 05:54 AM

That latest Podcast with Andy (not sure of his user name on here) was pretty good... I pretty much agreed with all of it.

liljovi93 11-09-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259906)
That latest Podcast with Andy (not sure of his user name on here) was pretty good... I pretty much agreed with all of it.

Thanks for the feedback. The one that was uploaded last night? Andy spoke really well about the band. Love having him on and we had a great laugh.

https://youtu.be/FlV_Jid0gco

This is the latest one for those who haven't heard it yet. We spoke about 'Unbroken' and asked each other questions and ones that got sent over via Twitter.

We've said we want to try and do a face to face one once a month or so. Speak about different things each time so it was good to do this the day after 'Unbroken' was released.

liljovi93 11-15-2019 06:07 PM

Episode 20 with Shane. Talking about 20/20 & his shows he attended on THINFS tour.

https://youtu.be/3HUreyQRQzE

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...FS-Tour-e90vu0

liljovi93 01-01-2020 07:03 PM

https://youtu.be/uN6Kxf9YBwo

Just a bit of fun. I've done a Bon Jovi quiz. Some really difficult questions, some really easy.

Rules are explained at the start of the video. I have done 3 live videos of this quiz with Dolph7800, Jeeper & james_d from here. I won't say what they got yet but they'll be uploaded soon.

Message me with the answers. Good luck!

liljovi93 01-02-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260518)
https://youtu.be/uN6Kxf9YBwo

Just a bit of fun. I've done a Bon Jovi quiz. Some really difficult questions, some really easy.

Rules are explained at the start of the video. I have done 3 live videos of this quiz with Dolph7800, Jeeper & james_d from here. I won't say what they got yet but they'll be uploaded soon.

Message me with the answers. Good luck!

5 people have sent me their answers

18/35
16/35
13/35
12/35
8/35

They're the scores that they got.

liljovi93 02-21-2020 06:39 PM

https://youtu.be/8TbGMgf6z9Q

My own podcast reviewing 'Limitless'

YOVANAfromPeru 03-30-2020 02:26 AM

Phil X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfSp...ature=youtu.be

james_d 03-30-2020 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1262768)

Pretty sure this channel is specifically for the Bon Jovi Talk podcast, not all BJ podcasts, although I might be wrong

steel_horse75 03-30-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1262768)

This guy is odd.

Seen him on twitter and if you dont like 1 Bon Jovi song from their entire discography you're no longer a fan.
He cannot accept any honest thoughts about a song. So naturally he loves Limitless but when people said what about the lack of guitars and solo he just damned their views and blocked them.