Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Damned vs. KTF (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18634)

Rob 11-01-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Wanted and Right Side Of Wrong

What's the correlation between these two?

Oh, and I didn't vote, impossible question. They're both good.

Ice

Both cowboy songs, both around 5 minutes long, both have great solos, both played at the same tempo. I think they wrote RSOW with Wanted in mind, like they did with Everyday and It's My Life, and also Thank You For Loving Me and All About Loving You.

Supersonic 11-01-2003 10:23 PM

Aloha !

I once thought the same about Damned being a Faith rip-off. It's possible to play almost the same bass riff from Faith under Damned, and the same story for the solo. I think. Not sure though, never tried, but when I listen to the song I'm able to sing the guitar solo from Faith on Damned.

I think they're both good though. The characters of the songs are different and can't be compared with eachother. I voted for Faith.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Jag 11-01-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Wanted and Right Side Of Wrong

What's the correlation between these two?

Oh, and I didn't vote, impossible question. They're both good.

Ice

Both cowboy songs, both around 5 minutes long, both have great solos, both played at the same tempo. I think they wrote RSOW with Wanted in mind, like they did with Everyday and It's My Life, and also Thank You For Loving Me and All About Loving You.

i love RSOW not sure of it being a cowboy song..perhaps so, not sure. i dont think wanted was in mind at all, its more of a blaze of glory type., and more narrative of a story then speaking of ones self. ppl always says IML and everyday sound similar, but i dont really buy that.....and thank u for loving me a great ballad, whsilt the latter aint...JMO

Rob 11-02-2003 12:59 AM

Everyday sounds different to It's My Life, but both songs use the talkbox effect, and both songs are about the same thing. Living while you're alive, and living to the max.

Mr Bluesman 11-02-2003 12:45 PM

I am a big fan of Damned, I think it's a very under-rated song but it's isn't as good as Keep The Faith. 8)

Guitar Girl 11-02-2003 04:34 PM

Damned.

Cowgirl77 11-02-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Both songs are good, but they have no relation to one another what-so-ever. I could understand if you did a poll between It's My Life and Everyday, or Wanted and Right Side Of Wrong, but these two really don't go together.

I prefer Keep The Faith by the way.

Why does there have to be a relation between them? I don't think they sound similar, I just remember that the newspaper guy did, so I thought it could be a bit of a different poll to do... :wink:

Wild_x_Wind 11-03-2003 01:20 AM

KtF

fanatica 11-03-2003 02:31 AM

Going for KTF here. It's always amazing hearing this song live, although I haven't heard Damned live so I guess I can't really compare. But whenever Jon does the "Sympathy For the Devil" interlude I'm just ecstatic. But besides that, I just like KTF more.

Shaun 11-03-2003 11:00 PM

Keep The Faith