Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you do a Jovi Cruise? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=56283)

brighton84 12-15-2013 03:11 PM

Would you do a Jovi Cruise?

It would seem that more and more bands are doing the cruise thing these days. Ive just been on the KISS Kruise and it was fantastic.Rock music,sunshine, beer, food.....

Im just wondering if Jovi would ever entertain this idea and if so how many would attend?

Becky 12-15-2013 03:57 PM

I would not. I have no desire to go on a cruise.

crashed 12-15-2013 04:08 PM

Hah Becky, you sure I can't sell you one ;)

I'm a cruise agent so that's a no-brainer, yeah I would!

However, being stuck on a ship with a few thousand adoring fans - I suspect that would be Jon, Dave and Tico's idea of a nightmare.

united17 12-15-2013 05:20 PM

Yeah Matchbox Twenty's is on right now and Train has one coming up next year. If I was free I would have gone on both of those but I'm kinda tied up at the moment and without much spare change.

I don't think Bon Jovi is as friendly with the fans as the two above bands so I figure they'll spend most of their time hiding. Not interested.

Becky 12-15-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1158050)
Hah Becky, you sure I can't sell you one ;)

The package would have to include psychotherapy. I'm terribly hydrophobic. I won't even walk out on the pier on our lake. I certainly don't want to be in a boat surrounded by water!

Makedde 12-16-2013 03:31 AM

Depends how much it costs and what I would get out of it.

rocknation 12-16-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1158043)
It would seem that more and more bands are doing the cruise thing these days. Ive just been on the KISS Kruise and it was fantastic. Rock music, sunshine, beer, food....

Price? And was there KISS? ;)

Captain_jovi 12-16-2013 03:38 AM

Hm. If it was guaranteed we'd get hardcore fan set-lists and q and a's with actual questions, yeah, I would seriously consider it.

WillRunForChocolate 12-16-2013 05:42 AM

I'd do a cruise in a heartbeat.

brighton84 12-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1158109)
Hm. If it was guaranteed we'd get hardcore fan set-lists and q and a's with actual questions, yeah, I would seriously consider it.

As the boat sailed out of Miami the band played an unmasked acoustic gig on the lido deck. They did two electric concerts in make up because the theatre only accommodates half of the people on board.The show which you cant attend is broadcast on big screens around the ship.There was also a Q n A with the band,Q n A with Doc McGee and various comps judged and participated in with the band.Besides KISS there were six or seven other bands on board including Night Ranger,Vintage Trouble and Leogun.Plus everyone on board got to have their photo taken with the band in make up or without.For those with kids under 16 there was also a meet n greet with the band.
It really was an amazing experience,the band are on board all the time and are approachable,its weird sitting down for breakfast and a member of your fave band is sat on the table next to you.
I know Jovi can still pull the crowds but I reckon a further five/ten years down the line they may consider doing a cruise.