Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic - May 7th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55346)

Myguitar 06-12-2013 07:00 AM

Not a fan but I don't dislike them either. I like that they are still doing great. I've seen them live a couple of times, once with BJ and other times completely by accident at impromptu shows and they are very good. I heard some of the new material, might have to check it all out.

Gabriel Shoes 06-12-2013 10:30 PM

You can tell by the noise on the song in Caught In The Storm that is a John Shanks product... great song altough.

Javier 06-13-2013 05:34 AM

On first listen the album is good! Not amazing, or spectacular, just good, very listenable and it definitely has replay value. I actually find it very on par with What About Now in that aspect, I think I prefer something for the rest of us better, it had more filler but more standout songs, though it really is just my first listen so my views could change...

SSM12 06-19-2013 10:53 PM

Finally getting a chance to listen to it. 5 songs in I really like it. PUMPED for this summer of concerts.

IF the Bon Jovi show in Raleigh is confirmed, id be ecstatic, and it would close off a pretty solid Summer:

Warped Tour in July(for 1 or 2 bands)
GGD and Matchbox in August
Tegan and Sara and Fun in September
Bon Jovi in October

Ive never seen GGD or Matchbox for that matter, but judging by Magnetic, it should be a great show.

samboraisgodUK 06-20-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM12 (Post 1140827)

Ive never seen GGD or Matchbox for that matter, but judging by Magnetic, it should be a great show.

Both are awesome, you'll have a great time.

Gabriel Shoes 06-28-2013 03:28 PM

15000 people to see them last night, great improvement for both bands!

Peterson 10-16-2013 07:02 PM

Off to see Goo Goo Dolls in glasgow tomorrow night! Can't wait for it!

Was meant to be going with my ex, but she cant make it anymore and can't even give the spare ticket away!

samboraisgodUK 10-16-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterson (Post 1154837)
Off to see Goo Goo Dolls in glasgow tomorrow night! Can't wait for it!

Was meant to be going with my ex, but she cant make it anymore and can't even give the spare ticket away!

Jesus, if I lived anywhere close I'd snap your hand off for that ticket! I'm going to see them in Leeds on Sunday, can't wait!

The only thing that's slightly disappointing is all the setlists so far this tour have been the same, not that there's anything wrong with keeping it the same particularly, just some choices are on there which I would swap for others in a heartbeat. I don't think Robby should get to sing four songs to be honest, two max for me, and ending on a cover is always a bad move I think.

WildBilly 10-16-2013 08:13 PM

Went to see Goo Goo Dolls last night, first night of their UK tour at Rock City, Nottingham.

This was the third time I've seen them and easily the best, in fact, potentially the best show I've seen this year.

In a venue that, I believe, holds up to 2,000 people, I think it was about packed out. The crowd were fantastic throughout, respectful during the 'lesser known' or quieter tracks, and louder than loud through the classics.

What comes across strongest is their warmth and love of what they do. John seemed genuinely humbled by the support from the crowd, beaming from ear to ear right from the off. Very chatty throughout, giving background to the songs, happy to send himself up and covering some miles on such a small stage in seemingly trying to engage with every single person in the venue!

Hats off to Robbie as well, there's still that childlike enjoyment to everything he does on stage. Quite beautiful to watch.

Oh, and any band that comes on stage to Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd wins me over straight away.

Peterson 10-18-2013 10:50 PM

Brilliant gig last night! The band all seemed to be in a great mood. Loads of banter with the crowd, including Johnny telling everyone that their new album is 'available on the internet for free' lol

No complaints about the set, not bothered about Robby getting 4 songs, don't seem to mind his voice as much as others do, nice wee change instead of it being the same voice on every song. Would love it if Bon Jovi did an album where Richie had the lead vocal on a few tracks.

Hearing Iris live was something else!

Also got a nice acoustic version of 'Can't Let It Go' in the encore.