Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic - May 7th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55346)

Spidey5150 05-29-2013 07:34 PM

I'd say Boy Named Goo is my favorite album of theirs. My favorite song though is Big Machine. So real, so raw. Love it. Anyways, they finally just announced a date in their hometown Buffalo (also my hometown) which has me pleased but unfortunately it's not part of their joint venture with MB20. That's a great double bill that i'll be missing out on.

Gabriel Shoes 05-30-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1990 (Post 1134882)
I can never find any of their albums anywhere it doesn't seem like. Walmart has Dizzy and Let Love In along with Something For the Rest of Us, Best Buy has A Boy Named Goo, but Superstar I have never seen anywhere in any store I've ever been to. I'm hoping I'll go to the local used vinyl store and find it on vinyl, won't happen, but I can hope ha

I found it in a Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica Promenade back that time, if there's one near were you live it might be a good idea to check the store.

samboraisgodUK 05-30-2013 02:27 PM

Full audio of a new song, Bulletproof Angel.

Love the production on this, really ethereal quality to the music.

mike1990 05-30-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1134982)
I found it in a Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica Promenade back that time, if there's one near were you live it might be a good idea to check the store.

Barnes & Noble. Hm, I'll have to check next time I'm there.

In case anyone didn't know, starting on June 4th, you can go to www.iheartradio.com and there will be a full album preview. I'm not sure if it's one song per day, or if its played randomly on a station affiliated with iheartradio or if you can listen to the entire album starting the 4th. The details weren't too well, detailed.

samboraisgodUK 05-30-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1990 (Post 1135070)
In case anyone didn't know, starting on June 4th, you can go to www.iheartradio.com and there will be a full album preview. I'm not sure if it's one song per day, or if its played randomly on a station affiliated with iheartradio or if you can listen to the entire album starting the 4th. The details weren't too well, detailed.

Yeah it wasn't the most detailed post. Sounds exciting though. Hopefully it'll a full album stream, so many bands are doing that now. Their promo has been really good so far (much better than Bon Jovi's) and this would be a great way to crown it. It's a week before the US release date too. In any case, the Australian release date is the 7th June, which is the 6th in the most of the world. It'll probably leak before then too as Australian music shops get delivery of the album so we won't have too long to wait.

mike1990 05-30-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135077)
Yeah it wasn't the most detailed post. Sounds exciting though. Hopefully it'll a full album stream, so many bands are doing that now. Their promo has been really good so far (much better than Bon Jovi's) and this would be a great way to crown it. It's a week before the US release date too. In any case, the Australian release date is the 7th June, which is the 6th in the most of the world. It'll probably leak before then too as Australian music shops get delivery of the album so we won't have too long to wait.

The promotion is much much better than Bon Jovi's. I remember Matchbox Twenty did an iTunes stream of their last album but it was like the day before. A whole week before, I think, is much better. I know when Something for the Rest of Us was released , it was out the Friday/Thursday before the US release date and it didn't leak, or I didn't find it, until the next Monday, so basically one day early. But I too am hoping the preview on iheartradio is a full album stream

Also, if you haven't already, Bulletproofangel is up on youtube from the band streaming. Full song.

samboraisgodUK 05-30-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1990 (Post 1135112)
The promotion is much much better than Bon Jovi's. I remember Matchbox Twenty did an iTunes stream of their last album but it was like the day before. A whole week before, I think, is much better. I know when Something for the Rest of Us was released , it was out the Friday/Thursday before the US release date and it didn't leak, or I didn't find it, until the next Monday, so basically one day early. But I too am hoping the preview on iheartradio is a full album stream

Also, if you haven't already, Bulletproofangel is up on youtube from the band streaming. Full song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWI0aD4OqLM

Yeah I remember that. It was a little while before I think, but maybe only a few days. I was in Singapore at the time anyway so I may well be confusing the release date with buying the album when I got home. I hope it's the full stream. I imagine it'll either be that or they'll premiere one song every day.

Yeah I posted that earlier but everyone ignored me :p

mike1990 05-31-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135136)
Yeah I remember that. It was a little while before I think, but maybe only a few days. I was in Singapore at the time anyway so I may well be confusing the release date with buying the album when I got home. I hope it's the full stream. I imagine it'll either be that or they'll premiere one song every day.

Yeah I posted that earlier but everyone ignored me :p

In reality, full album preview can mean either a full stream, or a song a day. It did say stay tuned for more details too so maybe we'll know a for sure this weekend.

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 02:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WS-SpGV2rUw

Nice live version of Come to Me. It's really grown on me this one. Some lovely mandolin work (must be playback in this) and great backing vocals (especially towards the end) really make this song for me. Lovely lyrics, nice music. Good song.

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 03:24 PM

Well it's obviously out somewhere:
http://www.melodicrock.com/phorum52/...911#msg-944911