Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1 Billion Streams On Spotify - Living On A Prayer (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70993)

liljovi93 01-17-2023 09:04 PM

1 Billion Streams On Spotify - Living On A Prayer

https://twitter.com/BonJoviTalk/stat...-Sd9-X8cg&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

jovifan85 01-18-2023 01:35 PM

Amazing Achevement! Could "It's My Life", "Always" reach this target?

Nice to see JBJ say thank you to the fans! And Spotify for the award.

Thinny 01-18-2023 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1283751)
Amazing Achevement! Could "It's My Life", "Always" reach this target?

Judging by current stats Bad Name will get there first (796mill), It's My Life is on 628mill. Always 396mill and Wanted just behind with 332mill.

The rest of the top ten is Bed Of Roses (275mill), Runaway (195mill), I'll Be There For You (162mill). Bad Medicine (143 mill) and suprsingly Thank You For Loving Me (77mill)

Walleris 01-19-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1283753)
...and suprsingly Thank You For Loving Me (77mill)

It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since. Plus, I think the music video in Venice was quite a good one, by their standards. When I first switched from casual to a diehard around 2008, I couldn't understand why Jon completely ignored it on the setlist, especially given how the more popular ballads were more vocally challenging.

I just think, much like with the Bounce era songs, he completely underestimated the local element of songs popularity and not playing the European or South American hits even in those markets, just because those songs were not popular in US.

bonjovi90 01-19-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1283758)
It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since. Plus, I think the music video in Venice was quite a good one, by their standards. When I first switched from casual to a diehard around 2008, I couldn't understand why Jon completely ignored it on the setlist, especially given how the more popular ballads were more vocally challenging.

I just think, much like with the Bounce era songs, he completely underestimated the local element of songs popularity and not playing the European or South American hits even in those markets, just because those songs were not popular in US.

The music video was shot in Rome, at the Trevi fountain [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 01-19-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since.

OOOH explain this thought please so I can see if I agree haha. All About Loving You felt like a carbon copy, I feel like there's been some songs in a very similar style and structure. It for sure kicked off the trend of their power ballads really lighter on guitars.

nikos greece 01-19-2023 04:13 PM

Good achievement for sure... Loap will very soon reach 1 billion vies on you tube as well!!

Faceman 01-19-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

It's not surprising to me. Say It Isn't So was a total flop, so that extra attention gathered from It's My Life needed to go somewhere. And I think with time it's legacy probably increased, given how they never really did another big power ballad like this ever since.

While you are not wrong at all I don't think this relates too good to spotify since Crush was already 8 years old when Spotify started and it took another couple of years until the user figures really went through the roof. So at that point of time there was no attention for Crush or It's My Life anymore from which any song could have gathered.

Thinny 01-19-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

I can only go from the UK and Thank You For Loving Me is not a song that most people here know. Stuff not in the Spotify top ten like Keep The Faith, Someday I'll be Saturday Night, In These Arms, Lay Your Hands On Me (pretty much anything that is on Cross Road) are much more popular and well known here than Thank You is here. Hence my surpise. I don't recall Thank You being much of a hit anywhere, but I could be wrong. The rest of the top 10 I expected.

Captain_jovi 01-19-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1283763)
While you are not wrong at all I don't think this relates too good to spotify since Crush was already 8 years old when Spotify started and it took another couple of years until the user figures really went through the roof. So at that point of time there was no attention for Crush or It's My Life anymore from which any song could have gathered.

Oh man, this is such a good point. For it to do that well, so far past when it came out is curious. Weddings maybe?