Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bon Jovi Tour Archive (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70623)

Faceman 08-05-2019 12:57 PM

Bon Jovi Tour Archive

Hey everybody,

I guess most of us know Seb's bonjovi-archive with lots of information about all the different albums and especially tours.
When I became a fan 16 years ago, once I discovered his website it quickly became my website-to-go where I pretty much sucked up all the information I could get and what became the basis for all the knowledge I would gain about the band the years to come.

I think it was a server crash or something that destroyed parts of the database a couple of years ago and threw him back right after Richie's Undiscovered Soul run in 1998.

So I thought there needs to be a new site that contains information about the tours post 1998 as well.
In 2015 bonjovi90 and I started our own Bon Jovi touring website. Since Seb's website still is an awesome collection of information from the early tours onwards we decided to go the other way round. We started with the latest tours and make our way back to the beginnings.
Our signature here has the link already for a couple of months. But I guess now it's about time for a bigger shoutout.
Yesterday we put the Have A Nice Day tour online, so the timeframe from 2005 - 2019 is covered. This should be a lot of information for a first visit ;- )
And we're not gonna stop now - the rest will be added continuously (but it's a lot of work, so don't expect daily updates ;- )).

So for all of you who like to go back in time and to refresh some lovely memories, check out our website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/

Feedback is always welcome - here, in our guestbook or via direct message. No matter if its critic, correction, additional information or just some kind words.

We hope you enjoy and have fun with this website - we surely have!

Rock on!

james_d 08-05-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1258081)
Hey everybody,

I guess most of us know Seb's bonjovi-archive with lots of information about all the different albums and especially tours.
When I became a fan 16 years ago, once I discovered his website it quickly became my website-to-go where I pretty much sucked up all the information I could get and what became the basis for all the knowledge I would gain about the band the years to come.

I think it was a server crash or something that destroyed parts of the database a couple of years ago and threw him back right after Richie's Undiscovered Soul run in 1998.

So I thought there needs to be a new site that contains information about the tours post 1998 as well.
In 2015 bonjovi90 and I started our own Bon Jovi touring website. Since Seb's website still is an awesome collection of information from the early tours onwards we decided to go the other way round. We started with the latest tours and make our way back to the beginnings.
Our signature here has the link already for a couple of months. But I guess now it's about time for a bigger shoutout.
Yesterday we put the Have A Nice Day tour online, so the timeframe from 2005 - 2019 is covered. This should be a lot of information for a first visit ;- )
And we're not gonna stop now - the rest will be added continuously (but it's a lot of work, so don't expect daily updates ;- )).

So for all of you who like to go back in time and to refresh some lovely memories, check out our website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/

Feedback is always welcome - here, in our guestbook or via direct message. No matter if its critic, correction, additional information or just some kind words.

We hope you enjoy and have fun with this website - we surely have!

Rock on!

Sounds like a really cool idea, I'm assuming you're going to add in future tours too? Even if there's not much variation these days in the sets.

bonjovi90 08-05-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1258085)
Sounds like a really cool idea, I'm assuming you're going to add in future tours too? Even if there's not much variation these days in the sets.

Yep, that won't be too hard to do. Adding current tours mostly is copy/paste in terms of setlist, so it's not that much work for us :)

james_d 08-05-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258087)
Yep, that won't be too hard to do. Adding current tours mostly is copy/paste in terms of setlist, so it's not that much work for us :)

Cool, it will be nice not relying on setlist.fm anymore

Supersonic 08-05-2019 03:18 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1258081)

No, I did a site overhaul but then I graduated, started travelling a lot and the site was no longer a priority of mine. There's other finished parts that just aren't online though, the Crush section is 50% finished and I do still work on it every now and then. It'll take me a long, long time before I'm up to date though. Oddly enough setlist.fm is what motivates me most to finish it eventually as that site is just full of errors.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Faceman 08-05-2019 06:07 PM

Ahh, alright. Too bad you never found the motivation to bring it all back again.
But I hear you, it's an awful lot of work if you want to get it right (and not end like setlist.fm).

Supersonic 08-05-2019 06:19 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1258098)
Ahh, alright. Too bad you never found the motivation to bring it all back again.
But I hear you, it's an awful lot of work if you want to get it right (and not end like setlist.fm).

The setlists aren't the biggest issue as I've still got that information on my hard drive. It's the discography that's a bitch. There's just so many different editions of Crush it's insane. One has a bonus disc, the other has a bonus disc but has 14 tracks, then there's the re-releases from Japan, weird packaging in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia etc. The list is endless. And that's just the album, I've still got to do all the singles.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 08-05-2019 09:39 PM

That’s a lot of work; I took a quick look and Yep, I also consider We Don’t Run from Burning Bridges. Congratulations!!

And I agree About setlist.fm whatever, nothing beats the people who actually went to the concerts and have the setlists on excel and all that stuff... Ha!.

bonjovi90 10-08-2019 02:47 PM

The Bounce section with lots of interesting trivia has just been added:
https://bjtours.jimdo.com/the-albums/2002-bounce/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Jerseystar 10-08-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259305)
The Bounce section with lots of interesting trivia has just been added:
https://bjtours.jimdo.com/the-albums/2002-bounce/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

How cool, thank you! I've visited the site quite often in the last few months, especially after the tour. And I found myself reminiscing about the good old times quite a lot ... always puts a smile on my face....

Captain_jovi 10-08-2019 04:45 PM

"Jon had died his hair in a strange blonde way for the shoot and fans still claim that it was his way of rebelling against the record company’s decision of forcing the song onto the album and ultimately even making it a single."

Had no idea people were saying that, neat!

"Many B-sides and outtakes from that era indicate that the band wanted to go for an overall harder sound with the Bounce record, however, rumours have it that the record company rejected an early version of the album and demanded more ballads to be put on it. This can be backed up by the tracklist of the later-on released promo EP “Target” which featured a lot of different and partly harder sounding tracks than the album."

Don't know if I agree with this theory. Of that EP, Breathe, Lucky and We can dance are some of the poppier side of the band. No Regrets and Standing I do agree with it. Had the album been Undivided, Everyday, The Distance, Another Reason to Believe, Standing, Bounce, No Regrets, Hook Me Up and Alive with less mid tempo songs I wonder if it would have been received better.

steel_horse75 10-08-2019 09:05 PM

It is odd how Jon has totally forgotten this album even exists.
Didn't realise that not one song from this album made GH2.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-08-2019 11:08 PM

Agreed. It was nice when Open All Night almost became a regular (but I'm one of the 10 that adore the song).

bonjovi90 10-09-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259310)
It is odd how Jon has totally forgotten this album even exists.
Didn't realise that not one song from this album made GH2.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm still not a 100% sure why that was the case. I mean yeah, it wasn't the big success they had hoped for, but neither was The Circle and two or three songs from that album went onto the GH. So it might be due to Jon having been quite unhappy with the way the final record had turned out to be.
Also remember Richie's words after having left Bon Jovi:
"Bounce wasn't so much fun, but we still shoved it down everyone's throat."

steel_horse75 10-09-2019 12:46 AM

Every day should’ve made GH2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-09-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259312)
I'm still not a 100% sure why that was the case. I mean yeah, it wasn't the big success they had hoped for, but neither was The Circle and two or three songs from that album went onto the GH. So it might be due to Jon having been quite unhappy with the way the final record had turned out to be.
Also remember Richie's words after having left Bon Jovi:
"Bounce wasn't so much fun, but we still shoved it down everyone's throat."

I think it's timing. Everyday made TLFR, Greatest hits with a twist because it was released directly after. I can't see them putting out a greatest hits and completely omitting the prior album's lead single, it makes it look like a total failure. Why it's still getting played, who knows.

Faceman 03-22-2020 05:31 PM

If you don't know how to spend you time at home right now, we just added the One Wild Night Tour to our website: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/let-s-...ne-wild-night/

Enjoy and stay safe!

BJFan99 03-22-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1262523)
If you don't know how to spend you time at home right now, we just added the One Wild Night Tour to our website: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/let-s-...ne-wild-night/

Enjoy and stay safe!

You guys really do a tremendous job with the site! Thanks for keeping it up for us all :)

bonjovi90 05-21-2020 11:20 PM

The These Days tour has been added to our website:
https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/let-s-...96-these-days/

Including in-depth tour summary, quite a few details per show after me listening to ear-bleeding-quality TD bootlegs for at least a week (was still fun though) and nice statistics. Once you're done with that section, you'll be an expert for that era ;)

Faceman 11-15-2020 03:31 PM

So after lots of research the last couple of months we finally added the 1995 tour to our homepage: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/tours/1995-crossroad/

It's been an awesome run. The first tour with Hugh on bass, Bon Jovi in their prime, the band playing tight like never before, great setlists, visiting all 6 continents for the first time...a lot of stories to be told.
So have fun digging deep into the glory days!

Kevs 11-22-2020 05:20 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks for this, some shows I had forgotten I'd been to