Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bon Jovi: IHeart Radio 2020 Full Album live Friday 2nd October 2020 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70759)

jon-flp 10-03-2020 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1268486)

Thanks man!

wow. Beautiful Drug sounded strong and very good!

Jon "love is a beautiful drug" sounded powerful. And he managed to control the breath...really surprised.

and American Reckoning live was better than the album version. But that harmonica solo was really made live? It's sounded too perfect for my taste :mrgreen:

wichi850262 10-03-2020 08:55 AM

The live version of BD is so much better than the album version, because it flowed and didn't sound spliced together in the studio. It has made me like the song 👍

Butters 10-03-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1268489)
Thanks man!

wow. Beautiful Drug sounded strong and very good!

Jon "love is a beautiful drug" sounded powerful. And he managed to control the breath...really surprised.

and American Reckoning live was better than the album version. But that harmonica solo was really made live? It's sounded too perfect for my taste :mrgreen:

Indeed. Do What You Can, American Reckoning, and Beautiful Drug all sounded really great live. LOAP also sounded pretty flawless. Either Jon is regaining some control of his voice or there was a lot of doctoring. The fact that IML sounded so bad might be a sign that Jon is improving vocally.

Kova 10-03-2020 10:43 AM

Is that it? They only played 5 songs? Weren't they supposed to play the full album?

jovifan85 10-03-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1268514)
Is that it? They only played 5 songs? Weren't they supposed to play the full album?

My mistake I thought they would play all the album, as they recorded the full album, PhilX did say.

I apologise for the confusion.

cowboy2002 10-03-2020 01:02 PM

I think Beautiful Drug is played live without being tuned down. Or maybe it was recorded half a step down.

Probably realised that it’s a key Jon sounds decent in, and lowering it another half step wouldn’t sound very good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jovifan93 10-03-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy2002 (Post 1268534)
I think Beautiful Drug is played live without being tuned down. Or maybe it was recorded half a step down.

Probably realised that it’s a key Jon sounds decent in, and lowering it another half step wouldn’t sound very good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil mentioned that he had some guitars in standard tuning as the 2020 album is done in standard tuning, not tuned down as usual. My theory is that the verses are so low in order for Jon to get as high as he can in the choruses, that he simply can't do them any lower live.

rolo_tomachi 10-03-2020 01:38 PM


liljovi93 10-03-2020 03:53 PM

Really glad that Beautiful Drug sounded as good as it did last night. The 'I'm talking about' part had the rasp that he does in the studio too.

American Reckoning was nice too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Kova 10-03-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1268569)
Really glad that Beautiful Drug sounded as good as it did last night. The 'I'm talking about' part had the rasp that he does in the studio too.

American Reckoning was nice too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I also liked the 'I'm talking 'bout' expression. I love the song overall.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.