Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

superkid 10-07-2021 06:09 AM

I was on the call today and have to brag about my question being the first one picked. Would've been cooler if I got to ask it myself but having P!nk read it off is fine too. :cool: My question was if they'd ever consider doing a full album Slippery anniversary tour, as the idea was fresh in my head after seeing the Eagles perform Hotel California in full last week. Jon sounded open to it but said that a lot of those songs would be hard on his voice, which is understandable (he would definately have to tweak some of them to pull it off).

Dave was hilarious talking about how they were kicked out of their apartment in Vancouver and the story behind the album cover was interesting as well, as they hinted at how it wouldn't have held up as well in this day & age with the original choice. I also didn't know that Hugh was the one who came up with the Livin on a Prayer bassline, bummer for him that he didn't get soundwriting credit for that! Other than that though the big news was that they are working on the 40th anniversary boxset, so we hopefully have that to look forward to in two years.

Was a cool experience for sure, and the Sirius station is great.

Dicanio 10-07-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1275760)
Thanks for the update... what does this mean?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

I’ve no idea, he definitely said movies. I assumed he meant concert videos

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2021 11:32 AM

Mind blown!!!

Some full shows would be great, you know, 1 show for every decade. Imagine 4 CDs with 50 unreleased songs from the vaults and 4 DVDs live concerts (or some Bluray if it contains a show from the last 12 years). I would even be happy if each DVD was a compilation of the best of each decade.

But knowing the band, I think it will be a couple of bonus DVDs...
as 2 DVD projects that would be included in the box set.

The first DVD: Maybe it will be a mix of Jon and the band in the studio talking about unreleased songs with footage from the last 20 years. In this case they would use the documentary When We Were Beatiful, footage from Crush / Bounce's studio recordings and some never-before-seen images. I don't think it's very different from Box 100 millions in that sense.

The second DVD: it could be a compilation of the best concert shots throughout these 40 years. I hope that if they plan to do something similar, it will be never-before-seen performances and not resort to stuff off official DVDs like Wembley 95, Crush Tour and MSG '08.

Whatever it is, they seem to have time to put together something fabulous. 2023, two years to choose wisely (fingers crossed) - mix and remaster audio/video - do some additional re-recording if necessary. It could be a dream come true.

Savvi 10-07-2021 02:53 PM

Very keen fort his boxset. 40-50 unreleased songs? I don't even think I can name that many!

Hurry up 2023!

angelsambo 10-07-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1275762)
... but said that a lot of those songs would be hard on his voice, which is understandable (he would definately have to tweak some of them to pull it off).

did he really say that?

bonjovi90 10-07-2021 05:33 PM

I really wouldn't care for them doing SWW in its entirety currently anymore. That album lived off Jon's husky vocals, the harmonies, the youthful energy and especially off Richie's mesmerizing guitars, be it electric or acoustic.
2011 was the last time I truly had hoped for them to give it a shot at its 25th anniversary. Nowadys, I fear that the bar band next town would probably pull it off closer to the original than the current line-up can.

JoviForever 10-07-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1275758)
Yes, I was on the round table call. I know JBJ often over promises and under delivers but this set sounds like its going to be awesome. There are working on 40-50 unreleased songs, movies (concert videos?) and photos for the 40th Anniversary in 2023. He said there were things he had never seen before and it appeared genuine in that he had no idea what they were sitting on in the archives.

He spoke passionately about Slippery and it was really refreshing to hear him so enthused about their past. It was a really informative event and will end up on SiriusXM at some point.

Hope someone can put it on YouTube or something for us outside the US?!🙂

lolo5769 10-07-2021 07:25 PM

1 week ago, when you first connected to SIRIUS, you could listen to it for free for 3 hours. So with a VPN, we could connect for each gig and record it with Audacity. Since this week, I can't do it anymore. Does anyone know if they remove this 3 hour free access? I had found a way to record the concerts (I had OSAKA) but I only have my eyes left to cry.
See ya

Laurent:confused::mad:

Dicanio 10-07-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1275776)
Hope someone can put it on YouTube or something for us outside the US?!🙂

They said some clips from the round table are going to be uploaded to YouTube

Dicanio 10-07-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1275774)
did he really say that?

Yes he did but he didn’t look too comfortable when he said it