Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

Captain_jovi 09-25-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275643)
But I feel they had screwed with the OWN version later on in terms of changing that one line to a recording from a different show.

It's kind of funny, twenty years later and I'm still finding reasons to be mad at that album.

bonjovi90 09-25-2021 08:59 PM

The released version of Rockin' In The Free World is from Night 2. That being said: the one on the These Days single. The OWN one got castrated and had the line replaced for reasons I don't know.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Supersonic 09-26-2021 06:51 AM

Aloha !

So, what's the quality like of this recording of Johannesburg? Is it mono and in 32k or is it a lot better than that? Just wondering if it's worth signing up for this. If quality is similar to the singles I'm all for it. If not, I'll pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 09-26-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1275652)
Aloha !

So, what's the quality like of this recording of Johannesburg? Is it mono and in 32k or is it a lot better than that? Just wondering if it's worth signing up for this. If quality is similar to the singles I'm all for it. If not, I'll pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It's the same mono quality than the other show thus far. I also think that he's not done any post-production on this which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but especially Wembley had some slight sound changes throughout. With Always, I had noticed that there's some hiss in there as well.

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2021 10:43 AM

SiriusXM is broadcast in stereo, at least the songs that are usually played are. I did tests in my first sound captures and songs like Radio Saved My Life Tonight or Edge of the Broken Heart were in stereo (a fairly flat stereo in compared to the original, but it was stereo). Now these 4 shows are in mono duplicated on two channels, and I don't understand why.

Johannesburg artwork.
Click here: http://fotos.subefotos.com/744fda525...0392bad94o.png

Rdkopper 09-26-2021 02:41 PM

This might be a bit of a stretch but I'm hoping there is some strategy behind broadcasting in mono...

It'll create a balance for shows that weren't recorded in the best quality. Example: shows that are "front of the house" only.

I spoke with Obie a few years back and he said this was all going to happen but I also thought he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. He is completely aware of what the fans want and we spoke specifically about Hammersmith/Cadillac Man. He said he's heard it a million times. But he also said it was a "front of the house" recording which is difficult to put on an official CD because he can't master it... Sirius could be the outlet for some big things to come.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

lolo5769 09-26-2021 04:56 PM

*Post Removed by Kev. No file sharing or request for file sharing on this forum.*

lolo5769 09-26-2021 04:58 PM

Hi

Very strange...

perhaps you have changed your settings in the program without realizing it?
Reset the program and redo your captures.

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2021 05:54 PM

Do you think there will be more shows next week (October 1st)? or it stops here??

What do you think?

Kev 09-26-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275661)
Do you think there will be more shows next week (October 1st)? or it stops here??

What do you think?

I think we’re all hoping this continues for a very long time. I’m not holding my breath on this, as the plug can be pulled at any point but all we can do is make the most of this while it lasts. We’ve wanted an insight into the archives for as long as I can remember!