Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Dark Knight (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46013)

mo_rizwan 07-24-2008 09:25 PM

I'm actually seeing it on the 17th of next month on IMAX :)

Hate waiting, but I guess for IMAX, it's worth it 8)

alonso14 07-24-2008 10:23 PM

I watched it at a normal Odeon today, going to the IMAX in Manchester to see it though next week.

Peterson 07-25-2008 03:42 PM

Saw the film last night, loved it.

I watched Batman Begins on Wednesday night for the first time and have to say The Dark Knight was so much better.

My only moan about it is Morgan Freemans Character, Lucius Fox, seemed like a complete rip off of 'Q' from the bond films.

mo_rizwan 07-25-2008 06:29 PM

Just watched it at my Local (I knew I couldn't resist waiting)

I can't make a comparison to the first one until I see it again (on IMAX)

I would say that the Two-Face storyline should've been scrapped.

Mousebounce 07-25-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

I would say that the Two-Face storyline should've been scrapped.
I am not alone! Hooray!

Crushgen24/88 07-25-2008 07:20 PM

I don't understand how anyone can think the Two-Face plot can be scrapped.
The Two-Face plot IS the movie. I'm not trying to "call you guys out" or anything, but Dent's transformation is the point of the movie, the ultimate representation of how Batman and the Joker are battling for the soul of Gotham.

mo_rizwan 07-25-2008 09:49 PM

If Two-Face had to be included in THIS franchise, they should've saved him for Part 3.

IMO, it was a bit too much to have Him AND The Joker for this sequel.

Oh, and one more thing; I may have missed something, but what was the Storyline behind the Scarecrow in this film? Was it even played by the same person?

Peterson 07-25-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 868506)
Oh, and one more thing; I may have missed something, but what was the Storyline behind the Scarecrow in this film? Was it even played by the same person?

I just watched Batman Begins on weds night and the guy that played him certainly looked the same.

Mousebounce 07-25-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 868506)
If Two-Face had to be included in THIS franchise, they should've saved him for Part 3.

That is exactly what I think too. The Joker didn't need anyone else. He should have been the star attraction.

alonso14 07-25-2008 11:45 PM

Two Face had to be in the film. In my opinion the film is centered around Dents rise and fall, with Batman and the Jokers part in it. I thought it was a great theme to centre the action around and he also made a great villain at the end. The scene with Gordons family was brilliant I thought, it created a very tense ending and the consequences of Dents transformation/actions and there effect on Batman set up some great possibilities for a 3rd film.