Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bon Jovi to extent European Tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44332)

Greece_BJfan 02-26-2008 09:47 AM

Bon Jovi to extent European Tour

Hi! This just came in. I work for promotion company in Greece and the concert will take place!!!! I'm excited because I am big fan!! :D

Due to the massive ticket sales in Europe and the continuing support of the fans the band have decided to give something back, and will play more dates in Europe.

In a statement, guitarist Richie Sambora said: “If you want to see Bon Jovi at their best after25 years, come and see us. And who knew we’d someday be playing in Latvia!”

Singer Jon Bon Jovi said: “It’s great to have been around this length of time and still be playing new material, having it so well received and people liking the music."

Keyboard player David Bryan: “To be finally able to tour these parts of Europe we haven’t seen for such a long time is really exciting, we’re looking forward to it and play lots of stuff they haven’t heard for a long time!”

“Playing Moscow again has been a dream come true, says drummer Tico Torres. We never thought we’d return there after the Moscow Peace Fest in 1989, I can’t wait to rock the square. And all our loyal fans that travel with us get to see some new places for a change.” [laughs]

July 12, 2008 – Milan, Italy
July 14, 2008 - Athens, Greece
July 16, 2008 – Zagreb, Croatia
July 18, 2008 – Sofia, Bulgaria
July 20, 2008 – Istanbul, Turkey
July 22, 2008 – Bucharest, Romania
July 23, 2008 – Budapest, Hungary
July 25, 2008 – Warsaw, Poland,
July 27, 2008 – Riga, Latvia
July 28, 2008 – Tallinn, Estonia
July 30, 2008 - St. Petersburg, Russia
August 1, 2008 – Moscow, Russia

Venues tbc, and more dates will be anounced within the next few weeks.

That is it!!!

betulus_2345 02-26-2008 10:36 AM

...eh... and how do you know that?

crashed 02-26-2008 10:46 AM

He says he works for a promo company -

By the sounds of things, it's actually quite likely if they've decided not to return to the US, but we'll wait for official confirmation, thanks.

Emil 02-26-2008 10:51 AM

Play Sweden for ****s sake.

BonJovani 02-26-2008 10:59 AM

It's almost a certainty that they will play Greece in July, everybody says that it is just a matter of time for the official announcement!!! It is almost unbearably amazing!!!!

Kev 02-26-2008 11:07 AM

I don't believe this for a second...

Supersonic 02-26-2008 11:13 AM

Aloha !

If this is true I wonder what dates will be anounced later?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

crashed 02-26-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 806398)

I agree. They should play Gothenburg - I'd go and stay with my mates there and go and see them.

BonJovani 02-26-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 806402)
I don't believe this for a second...

And why not????

Emil 02-26-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 806409)
I agree. They should play Gothenburg - I'd go and stay with my mates there and go and see them.

Yeah, Gothenburg would be awesome. I love that town. Good thing I'm seeing Springsteen there in July.

betulus_2345 02-26-2008 12:01 PM

well u see i'm greek so i dont think anyone should doubt how much i want bon jovi to play in my country for the first time ever.its just that i dont want to get my hopes up and then... So untill theres an official confirmation i cant stick to anyones story!

andreas 02-26-2008 12:08 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

waiting also though official announcement.

Thierry 02-26-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greece_BJfan (Post 806392)
Hi! This just came in. I work for promotion company in Greece and the concert will take place!!!! I'm excited because I am big fan!! :D

Due to the massive ticket sales in Europe and the continuing support of the fans the band have decided to give something back, and will play more dates in Europe.

In a statement, guitarist Richie Sambora said: “If you want to see Bon Jovi at their best after25 years, come and see us. And who knew we’d someday be playing in Latvia!”

Singer Jon Bon Jovi said: “It’s great to have been around this length of time and still be playing new material, having it so well received and people liking the music."

Keyboard player David Bryan: “To be finally able to tour these parts of Europe we haven’t seen for such a long time is really exciting, we’re looking forward to it and play lots of stuff they haven’t heard for a long time!”

“Playing Moscow again has been a dream come true, says drummer Tico Torres. We never thought we’d return there after the Moscow Peace Fest in 1989, I can’t wait to rock the square. And all our loyal fans that travel with us get to see some new places for a change.” [laughs]

July 12, 2008 – Milan, Italy
July 14, 2008 - Athens, Greece
July 16, 2008 – Zagreb, Croatia
July 18, 2008 – Sofia, Bulgaria
July 20, 2008 – Istanbul, Turkey
July 22, 2008 – Bucharest, Romania
July 23, 2008 – Budapest, Hungary
July 25, 2008 – Warsaw, Poland,
July 27, 2008 – Riga, Latvia
July 28, 2008 – Tallinn, Estonia
July 30, 2008 - St. Petersburg, Russia
August 1, 2008 – Moscow, Russia

Venues tbc, and more dates will be anounced within the next few weeks.

That is it!!!

If this is true, I'd be so pissed off. I bought tickets for Twickenham since it's the last show of the European Tour.

The information sounds valid though.

{_Warrior_} 02-26-2008 01:31 PM

Any link of the source ?

danfan 02-26-2008 01:46 PM

Interesting. Guess that would put a kibosh on the July 19,20 dates for Fenway Park in Boston.

Though it all sounds like BS to me. Looking at those quotes, doesn't sound at all like things any of the band would say. Plus, the article spelled "extend" as "extent".

And this part is just a lie: In a statement, guitarist Richie Sambora said: “If you want to see Bon Jovi at their best after25 years, come and see us."

Sorry - Couldn't resist.

danfan 02-26-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_} (Post 806429)
Any link of the source ?

Yes.

bonjovitourbullshit.com

Neurotica80 02-26-2008 01:57 PM

Come off it next thing you'll be telling me they're playing Hull........oh hang on a min

danfan 02-26-2008 02:17 PM

Who knows? Maybe it is true. That article still sounds made up to me.

I think it'd be great for those parts of Europe. I know they've always been good to the band. They deserve the shows. We've been spoiled in the US the last couple of tours.

Jovimimi 02-26-2008 02:49 PM

LOL yeah right another first post BULL !!

(Don't)Lie_to_me 02-26-2008 02:51 PM

The "quotes" from the guys sound absolutely made up.

It's believable, but I don't beleive it.

danfan 02-26-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 806438)

My thoughts exactly.

crashed 02-26-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 806438)

It's believable, but I don't beleive it.

I'm with you.

Based on previous real quotes by Jon we've heard they would consider staying in Europe - so as I said earlier, it could be a likely scenario - but I don't believe that actual post.

aggelos 02-26-2008 04:55 PM

You guys are unbelievable...

It's the first time that the rest of Europe, besides UK, Germany, and the rest has an actual chance to see Bon Jovi live and instead of being supportive and happy for your fellow fans, you are acting like jealuss kids. The "announcement" in the first page might not be true, I have no idea about it, but I don't care. You are acting like you have "exclusive" rights to the band's live performances.

All I know is that the concert in Greece is very likely to happen and I am happy about it.

Deal with it.
________
gm foods

danfan 02-26-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggelos (Post 806462)

It's the first time that the rest of Europe, besides UK, Germany, and the rest has an actual chance to see Bon Jovi live and instead of being supportive and happy for your fellow fans, you are acting like jealuss kids. The "announcement" in the first page might not be true, I have no idea about it, but I don't care. You are acting like you have "exclusive" rights to the band's live performances.

All I know is that the concert in Greece is very likely to happen and I am happy about it.

Deal with it.

What the hell are you talking about?

All anyone is saying is that they don't believe the article.

Kathleen 02-26-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Deal with it.

That's not really what's going on here aggelos. There have been so many "made up" posts on this board that many of us are wary about believing anything unless it official.

Personally, I think it's cool. I'm with Emil though - play Gothenburg. Some of the best Bruce bootlegs I have are from Gothenburg. :)

I do wonder what has happened to the Giants concerts though. Maybe the first week in August? Giants was booked by Bruce through July 31 anyway.

(Don't)Lie_to_me 02-26-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Deal with it.

I did say it was believable - and never said anything to suggest that it wasn't fair.

Don't generalise.

RSROCKS 02-26-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Deal with it.

You're reading into it wrong. I think it's great that parts of the world are getting their first chances to see the band live in years but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the article itself. I mean common, do you really believe those bullshit quotes?

eriK 02-26-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 806398)

I second this. Stupid ****ers.

jbjhand 02-26-2008 05:42 PM

that is total crap

andro10 02-26-2008 07:08 PM

It is hard to believe this article.

Mcarnot 02-26-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 806430)
Interesting. Guess that would put a kibosh on the July 19,20 dates for Fenway Park in Boston.

Though it all sounds like BS to me. Looking at those quotes, doesn't sound at all like things any of the band would say. Plus, the article spelled "extend" as "extent".

And this part is just a lie: In a statement, guitarist Richie Sambora said: “If you want to see Bon Jovi at their best after25 years, come and see us."

Sorry - Couldn't resist.

Agreed the band wouldnt say anything like this imo. plus in the billboard article they said that they do have Soldier Field, Giants Stadium, and Fenway Park locked and on hold and just waiting to see what happens with the economy in America, idk if its just me but i dont think that they would be able to tell in a week after saying that if the economy will be worse in july or the next few months.
I doubt they play those dates and finish in europe
I think they will be finishin at Giants like always

Supersonic 02-26-2008 09:59 PM

Aloha !

Er, hasn't Jon been saying this ever since the boxset was released? "Not in my wildest dreams I expected this 25 years ago...Oh yeah we're not a nostalgia band, people still come to hear the new songs...and on and on and on..." What's so different about this one?

Also, why can't they play these days and then ship the stuff back to North America where they'll finish with 2 dates at Giants?

There have been rumours about the band doing shows in Greece, Italy and Bulgaria now. Not just one rumour, but bigger rumours. And does anyone remember 2004? The same rumours showed up, and in the end it seemed to be a cancelled tour.

I'm not saying these dates are valid, but the reasons you lot mentioned of why it can't be true don't really hold up. And I think there's a bigger chance of Bon Jovi playing in Greece at the moment than Bon Jovi returning to North America, which says a lot really.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yvonne 02-26-2008 10:03 PM

If it is true, Hungary here I come! Always wanted to go to Budapest!

zero_zero_UFO 02-26-2008 10:23 PM

well they have been to austrailia this tour, first time in a while....why not these places?

i hope they do for everyone who wants it.

Greece_BJfan 02-26-2008 10:55 PM

I'm sorry I made a type error!!! It should be extend, but I was excited because of this. Sorry!!! :(

TBoy 02-26-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greece_BJfan (Post 806609)
I'm sorry I made a type error!!! It should be extend, but I was excited because of this. Sorry!!! :(

When will this be published then?

Greece_BJfan 02-27-2008 10:44 AM

I don't know!!! This is just press release that came into my office. We are supposed to organize the marketing here, with radio contests and things like that. I don't know when it will be official! :( :(

aggelos 02-27-2008 11:45 AM

According to the latest news, Jovi sent the contract signed yesterday evening.

And I am sorry if I got everything wrong earlier but that was the impression I got from several people and their posts.
________
girlfriends pics

Jovimimi 02-27-2008 12:30 PM

if the first post sounds a total hoax I think a greece show is totally believable..

I still think it's weird that someone come on Dc and post such important info but it's nowhere else ...

I will believe things when it will be posted officially .. why is the press release which is FOR THE PRESS is not public ? soit means the press release was not released or let's say just released for the poster on here ....

unfortunately I am not that naive ..I want more realiable credible stuff ...

aggelos 02-27-2008 01:02 PM

Mimi

sometimes press releases are ready days before they are released. Maybe Jovi are waiting for all, or at least most, of the the new concerts to be confirmed before they release their statement.
________
Toyota P engine picture