Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Jersey or These Days, which do you prefer? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55261)

DevilsSon 03-20-2013 09:53 PM

Their two best and most consistent records. These Days wins it for me though. In fact, on a 'bad' day, I skip 2 songs on Jersey (Born To Be My Baby and 99 in the Shade). I skip exactly ZERO on These Days. As someone else pointed out already, I am one of those who listens to New Jersey more often though. Still. At it's peak moments, These Days is just beauty....it's drilling deep into the soul of a band that was at it's absolute musical peak.

Captain Walrus 03-20-2013 10:13 PM

New Jersey is the don!

These Days is second for me, an emotional, musical masterpiece, but nothing beats the sheer awesomeness of New Jersey

steel_horse75 03-20-2013 10:45 PM

TD contains too many average songs for me like This aint a love song, Lie to me and the awful awful Diamond Ring.

Becky 03-20-2013 10:52 PM

I had to think about it for a couple of days because I love both albums, but I went with New Jersey. It's one of two albums that I can say literally changed my life. I liked Bon Jovi when Slippery was out, but I didn't really get into them until New Jersey. New Jersey is what turned me into a die-hard Jovi fan. I also picked it because I've listened to it about 8,000 times. Remember cassettes? I listened to my NJ cassette so many times that the wheels wore through the plastic and I started hearing the A side played backwards when I listened to the B side and vice-versa.

superkid 03-20-2013 11:08 PM

LYHOM vs. Hey God- Hey God
Bad Medicine vs. Something for the Pain- Close, but advantage BM
BTBMB vs. TAALS- BTBMB
Living In Sin vs. These Days- These Days
Blood on Blood vs. Lie To Me- Blood on Blood
Homebound Train vs. Damned- Damned
Wild Is the Wind vs. My Guitar...- Wild Is the Wind
Ride Cowboy vs. It's Hard - It's Hard (Letting You Go)
Stick to Your Guns vs. Hearts Breaking Even- Stick To Your Guns
I'll Be There For You vs. STBI- STBI (even though IBTFY was #1)
99 vs. If That's What It Takes- If That's What It Takes
Love For Sale vs. Diamond Ring- About the same. Not a big fan of either.

So on my count it's pretty much a draw. I did vote for NJ though, but it really depends on my mood. Both are great albums.

KeepTheFaith2211 03-20-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1117526)
TD contains too many average songs for me like This aint a love song, Lie to me and the awful awful Diamond Ring.

I think each of these are fantastic.

AnnieKTF 03-21-2013 12:13 AM

I think New Jersey is an amazing album, I do. I never realized how much I liked it until I had to rate the songs for the NJ rating we did a while ago. It was so tough choosing one over the other. But These Days is still a clear winner for me. It is not the album that got me into Bon Jovi, but it's the reason they have stayed on the very top of my list for the last 13 years. When people ask me why I love Bon Jovi that much, These Days is my answer.

DryCounty 03-21-2013 12:44 AM

These Days hands down. It's the best album ever done by any artist/band.

Living_on_my_Hair 03-21-2013 01:05 AM

These Days is my favourite album and favourite song by my favourite band. So no question.

New Jersey is an almost perfect album too, certainly better than Slippery.

Two totally different type of records, with totally different types of accompanying emotions to go with them.

Andi

jovifan93 03-21-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1117534)
LYHOM vs. Hey God- Hey God
Bad Medicine vs. Something for the Pain- Close, but advantage BM
BTBMB vs. TAALS- BTBMB
Living In Sin vs. These Days- These Days
Blood on Blood vs. Lie To Me- Blood on Blood
Homebound Train vs. Damned- Damned
Wild Is the Wind vs. My Guitar...- Wild Is the Wind
Ride Cowboy vs. It's Hard - It's Hard (Letting You Go)
Stick to Your Guns vs. Hearts Breaking Even- Stick To Your Guns
I'll Be There For You vs. STBI- STBI (even though IBTFY was #1)
99 vs. If That's What It Takes- If That's What It Takes
Love For Sale vs. Diamond Ring- About the same. Not a big fan of either.

So on my count it's pretty much a draw. I did vote for NJ though, but it really depends on my mood. Both are great albums.

What is it with you guys with STBI? I find that one rather dull and strange... No way it could possibly go anywhere near IBTFY for me ;)