Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DeF LEppARd (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31919)

Stratocaster 09-20-2005 05:22 PM

DeF LEppARd

Anyone here into Def Leppard at all?

I think they are an absolute quality band. Would love to see them live when they are next in the UK. Favourite song of theirs for me is 'Animal'.

Dave 1986 09-20-2005 06:50 PM

Love 'em.

Yes they are quality, or at least they were. You'll probably find alot of people on this board are also Def Leppard fans.

Yes Animal rocks everytime I hear it, so does the rest of the Hysteria album. I don't know how well you know them, but other albums to check out are Pyromania, High 'n' Dry, Slang and Euphoria. Just stay well away from Adrenalize.

Stratocaster 09-20-2005 07:52 PM

I have Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize and X. I would have bought more but everytime I look at their other stuff in town they are Ģ17 each =/ I think I'll just order them off the net sometime. I also have two live dvds that they released, and the video hits dvd from not so long back. Really hoping that they hit the uk with a tour when theyve done in the US. They have a concert shirt on sale there that is ace looking so I wanna get that.

If your into the whole 80s hairmetal, melodic rock scene you might wanna check out "Giant" - only three albums - Last Of The Runaways, Time To Burn and 'III'. But all great albums, Dann Huff is an absolute guitar master, if you thought eddie van halen was good.... also have you heard anything off of the album "Double Eclipse" by Hardline? another great hard rock album.

EDIT - not quite sure why you dont like Adrenalize - I think its got some great stuff on there - LoL.. I wanna touch you is class, have you ever needed someone so bad is a top ballad. White Lightning is great apart from the 'overdone' musical intro.. should have cut that downa bit. Also if I remember right Heaven Is is on that album which aint a bad song

Rob 09-21-2005 01:53 AM

"And I want, and I need, and I know...."

Yeah Animal is one of the best DL songs. They were a good band.

Stut 09-21-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
They were a good band.

They still are. Itīs just that the quality of their latest albums havenīt been as good as in the 80īs or mid 90īs. Euphoria had 2 or 3 good ones, X had only 2, rest of the album sucked and that cover album (Yeah!) has only 1. Waste of time and money.

yomamasofat 09-21-2005 06:15 PM

I love the band... X album is kinda bad, and so is Slang (there are only a few good tunes out of these 2 albums) but the rest of the catalog is super, including that Adrenalize album (yes I love it, some cheesy tracks but some great tracks as well). Euphoria is a great album save for that godawful All Night.

Too bad the record company doesn't help promote them anymore. I'm looking forward to the covers album. I've heard some of their cover tunes (not from the upcoming album but stuff like Action, Elected, You Can't Always Get What You Want) and they are superb.

Stratocaster 09-21-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
"And I want, and I need, and I know...."

Yeah Animal is one of the best DL songs. They were a good band.

"And I Want, And I Need, And I Lust..." even... lol - trust me dude.. I used to think it was 'and i love' at first. Some poor sap is bound to think it says 'and i love animals' lol.

Also I remembered that lets get rocked and make love like a man are on adrenalize! Easily their second best album IMO. I also have to say I actually quite like X. The first 6 tracks are really good on that album, as is 'Girl Like You' IMO.

Mr Bluesman 09-21-2005 07:14 PM

Gone off them over the past few years. But, that's not to say that I don't still dig Pyromania and Hysteria. I also really like Euphoria.

Stratocaster 09-21-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Gone off them over the past few years. But, that's not to say that I don't still dig Pyromania and Hysteria. I also really like Euphoria.

I really wanna get this album but can never find it - Ive only heard promises and to be alive but I really like both of those songs...

Dave 1986 09-21-2005 08:10 PM

Try Amazon for Euphoria, they're bound to have it. If you can, try and get the Japanese version, as it has I Am Your Child as a bonus track.