Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Def Leppard vs. Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43230)

Bongo VII 11-08-2007 02:01 AM

Well, yeah, but Lepp have songs on Euphoria that are equally good, if not better. Hell, there are better songs that didn't even make Crush. It's not strictly a quality thing, it was a right place/right time/right song deal.

Javier 11-08-2007 02:57 AM

Right prmotion aswell, let's not forget tha tJon knows how to sell a record, while with Def Leppard, promotion was handled strictly by management and label until recently.

Crushgen24/88 11-08-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo VII (Post 782483)
Well, yeah, but Lepp have songs on Euphoria that are equally good, if not better. Hell, there are better songs that didn't even make Crush. It's not strictly a quality thing, it was a right place/right time/right song deal.

Oh yeah, I'm just saying that its a combo type of thing.

born_to_run 11-25-2007 03:21 PM

EUphoria was a Way better album than Crush - unfortunately it wasnt a big seller. BJs advantage is Jons "pretty boy" image which is still working. Joe Elliott aint that pretty. Me I dont give a f*** I just rate the Leps higher than BJ. And they won't release crap next year as BJ has done this year!

Dave 1986 11-26-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_run (Post 788010)
EUphoria was a Way better album than Crush - unfortunately it wasnt a big seller. BJs advantage is Jons "pretty boy" image which is still working. Joe Elliott aint that pretty. Me I dont give a f*** I just rate the Leps higher than BJ. And they won't release crap next year as BJ has done this year!

Without being quite so harsh, I kind of agree. ;)

Though many think Def Leppard's next record will be "half-assed" as apposed to their other albums and where the band stands these days, I'm sure I'll enjoy it WAY more than any of Bon jovi's recent releases.

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 11-28-2007 11:27 PM

Like the majority here.Im really unhappy with Bon Jovi and the exta band members!They've managed as 5 for years.

Watching clips of the LH tour on youtube,Destroying songs with added violin parts here and there,And the T.L.F.R(crap)versions of Blaze,BOR,IBTFY.

Compared to Def Leppard's 07 tour Bon Jovi should be ashamed!

The Leppard boys are slighty older.

But was really impressed with the clips i saw of them:
(Seen really good versions of PSSOM,Armageddon It,Photograph,)

Running around the stage like the 80s/90s,Songs still sound rocking,Joe dosent avoid the high parts of songs.

Dave 1986 12-01-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark (Post 789099)
Like the majority here.Im really unhappy with Bon Jovi and the exta band members!They've managed as 5 for years.

Watching clips of the LH tour on youtube,Destroying songs with added violin parts here and there,And the T.L.F.R(crap)versions of Blaze,BOR,IBTFY.

Compared to Def Leppard's 07 tour Bon Jovi should be ashamed!

The Leppard boys are slighty older.

But was really impressed with the clips i saw of them:
(Seen really good versions of PSSOM,Armageddon It,Photograph,)

Running around the stage like the 80s/90s,Songs still sound rocking,Joe dosent avoid the high parts of songs.

Yea, the age/energy thing really bugs me. Bon Jovi are slightly younger, are in perhaps "better" shape than Leppard, generally, and yet they barely move throughout the show. Leppard, whilst still looking good for their age, maybe have seen better days shall we say, but when I saw them in June last year, you could barely keep them still. They were like puppies let loose, just like the early days. And Joes voice is perfectly fine for me. Still gives it his all and doesn't slacken for one minute.

If I were to ever rate Def Leppard over Bon Jovi for only one thing today, it would be their live shows.

DevilsSon 12-01-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 789536)
Yea, the age/energy thing really bugs me. Bon Jovi are slightly younger, are in perhaps "better" shape than Leppard, generally, and yet they barely move throughout the show. Leppard, whilst still looking good for their age, maybe have seen better days shall we say, but when I saw them in June last year, you could barely keep them still. They were like puppies let loose, just like the early days. And Joes voice is perfectly fine for me. Still gives it his all and doesn't slacken for one minute.

Nah, they are not older. Joe Eliott is older than Jon Bon but otherwise, they are of very similar age.

Dave 1986 12-02-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 789561)
Nah, they are not older. Joe Eliott is older than Jon Bon but otherwise, they are of very similar age.

LOL, thats probably true, it's mainly Joe and Jon who's ages I compare the most. Still, my argeument is still valid, Leppard have much more energy and stage presence than Bon Jovi and they're both roughly the same age. :p

SamboraQueen21 12-02-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 789536)

If I were to ever rate Def Leppard over Bon Jovi for only one thing today, it would be their live shows.

I would have to completely disagree with that. Joe's voice was pretty much in horrible shape when i saw them. I enjoyed their concert when i saw them with Bryan Adams simply because they played alot of my fave songs, (Action, Woman, etc.) But in terms of energy they are nowhere near Bon Jovi. Joe was not running around the stage. Yeay Viv and Phil were rocking out hard as was Sav but Joe, not so much. Maybe Joe doesn't avoid the high parts of their songs but he doesn't exactly hit them. They were way off key. I bought a bootleg CD of theirs from a show in California from their 2004 tour and it is PAINFUL to listen to Joe he sounds so bad, out of breath, and off key. And i am fan of theirs so it is sad for me to say that.