Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 01-24-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1261061)
Or Max Martin was accidentally in the same room once again when Jon wrote another song and thus changed his mind about the first single :D

I guess I'd prefer that [emoji1]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 01-24-2020 09:48 PM

Well, about the change of single, we still do not know how everything is going to be promoted, but looking at the promotion of other bands currently, they usually release 2 or 3 singles before publishing the album. So maybe the first single is Limitless, and the second single is Story of Love but this one would come out a month after the premiere of the first single. It is a plausible hypothesis. I think the band could even record both videos these days, to have the thing ready in the coming months.

bonjovi90 01-24-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261066)
Well, about the change of single, we still do not know how everything is going to be promoted, but looking at the promotion of other bands currently, they usually release 2 or 3 singles before publishing the album. So maybe the first single is Limitless, and the second single is Story of Love but this one would come out a month after the premiere of the first single. It is a plausible hypothesis. I think the band could even record both videos these days, to have the thing ready in the coming months.

I think they're too old to change their promotion strategy so late in their lives [emoji28]

Javier 01-24-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261067)
I think they're too old to change their promotion strategy so late in their lives [emoji28]

I know you said it in jest but that is the one thing they have always changed. It's just that more often than not they're either a step too late (a video for every song off of THINFS) or too early (the HAND smirk should have been massive). They filmed the videos for When we were us and Walls on the same day so it has been done.

For this particular one, I wouldn't be surprised if they already filmed the band's performance when they took the pictures that were released and left the rest to a creative team to handle.

bonjovi90 01-24-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1261068)
I know you said it in jest but that is the one thing they have always changed. It's just that more often than not they're either a step too late (a video for every song off of THINFS) or too early (the HAND smirk should have been massive). They filmed the videos for When we were us and Walls on the same day so it has been done.

For this particular one, I wouldn't be surprised if they already filmed the band's performance when they took the pictures that were released and left the rest to a creative team to handle.

They filmed videos on the same day since Slippery.

And more or less it's always been first single/then album release.

I agree with you about the smirk though ;)

Thinny 01-24-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261062)
Is there a label that even approves this? I had thought they were signed for a distribution deal only?

if the label are paying for the video and promo for the single etc, which they more than likely are, they absolutely have a say as to which song it will be, even on a distribution deal.

Captain_jovi 01-25-2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1261070)
if the label are paying for the video and promo for the single etc, which they more than likely are, they absolutely have a say as to which song it will be, even on a distribution deal.

Got it! I had been thinking the the band was paying out of pocket with boutique vendors and then the label takes it AFTER that but you're probably right.

rolo_tomachi 01-25-2020 12:08 PM

that's is the past. Now launch 2 videos before the album release. Remember Thinfs and Knockout.

U2 - Blackout and You Are The Best Thing. Metallica -Hardwired and Moth into the Flame. The last albums of Stereophonics and Lenny Kravitz too.

bonjovi90 01-25-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261077)
that's is the past. Now launch 2 videos before the album release. Remember Thinfs and Knockout.

U2 blackout and you are the best thing. Metallica hardwired and Moth into the Flame. The last albums of Stereophonics and Lenny Kravitz too.

Yeah I was talking about promo for the casual audience, not us diehard fans. Usually, they have one song given to radio before the release. Us, the fans, have at least 2 or 3 songs in most cases until the album gets released.

candidomtz 01-25-2020 02:25 PM

Maybe single or new info is coming soon...
https://twitter.com/bonjovitalk/stat...623065602?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk