Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 03-31-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262823)
My brain is in two very different places about this.

The Good: They've finally embraced social media to the point where he's interacting with fans, singing lyrics they wrote, encouraging them to guess the melody. All of this should have been bare minimum a decade ago but they're doing it, and I'm happy about that.

The Bad: Why switch the lead single to Limitless if the most attention is going towards a song written for a soundtrack (albeit with a great cause) and an unfinished song that may or may not make the proper album. What spooked them into changing the lead single only for them to almost abandon it completely?

In this case, I actually believe it was the record company forcing Limitless to be the single with the vague hope of that getting some airplay.

BonJovi100 03-31-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262814)
Terrible Edit. Mine is 100 times better

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I hope you will share it with us. It would be nice to have it with good edit

Captain_jovi 03-31-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262825)
In this case, I actually believe it was the record company forcing Limitless to be the single with the vague hope of that getting some airplay.

It feels very much like All About Loving You getting released and not really getting played properly live or talked about too much, I think you're right.

This is a LEAD SINGLE and I've barely heard the word Limitless come out of Jon's mouth in these interviews.

EDIT: Look at the comments.

Téanna Ang - 3 weeks ago
Many legends may have left us but at least we still got him

Walter Menard - 2 days ago
He is in fine voice.
Is that tommy and jina running?��

---------

Like, that's weird, right? The exact same wording and the two are back to back comments.

rolo_tomachi 03-31-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262823)
Why switch the lead single to Limitless if the most attention is going towards a song written for a soundtrack (albeit with a great cause) and an unfinished song that may or may not make the proper album. What spooked them into changing the lead single only for them to almost abandon it completely?

Well, here I have a theory. I think the strong single will be Beautiful Drug, and maybe, they didn't want it to fade during these 3 months, so they released Limitless to attract the attention of something new but predictable, and Beautiful Drug (maybe) is reserved for the month of April. Which would get More hook and knowing that the album is in May, they can make the noise and the snowball grow just when the album release is very close.

If they had released Beautiful Drug as the first single, it might have exploded in February or March, but by May 15 the excitement for the album will be gone.

My prediction, the next single, Beautiful Drug, will be released on April 10 or 17.

Captain_jovi 03-31-2020 06:43 PM

I get why they would want to do that but why wouldn't they want to come strong out of the gate OR release the album sooner/the first single later if they want a May release? Is that a common tactic, saving the song they want to do the best for single 2? I legit don't know.

EDIT: And if Story of Love was good enough to be the first single why wasn't it made the second. Something feels off.

rolo_tomachi 03-31-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262829)
I get why they would want to do that but why wouldn't they want to come strong out of the gate OR release the album sooner/the first single later if they want a May release? Is that a common tactic, saving the song they want to do the best for single 2? I legit don't know.

I can only give examples of my favorite bands. U2 did it like this, Blackout and then You're the Best Thing About Me.

Also Metallica, released Hardwired first, and then Moth Into Flame.

Foo Fighters lanch Run and then The Sky Is A Neighborhood.

These last singles were close to the release of the album, so the emotion does not fade, but increases.

bonjovi90 03-31-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262827)
Téanna Ang - 3 weeks ago

Walter Menard - 2 days ago
He is in fine voice.
Is that tommy and jina running?��

---------

Like, that's weird, right? The exact same wording and the two are back to back comments.

These are a new kind of YT bots. I've had these underneath my video as well. They copy/paste a previous comment or add previous comments to each other and repost them.

rolo_tomachi 03-31-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262829)

EDIT: And if Story of Love was good enough to be the first single why wasn't it made the second. Something feels off.

I don't know, but you know, on Bon Jovi's albums, there are some good songs that never became singles.

bonjovi90 03-31-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262828)
Well, here I have a theory. I think the strong single will be Beautiful Drug, and maybe, they didn't want it to fade during these 3 months, so they released Limitless to attract the attention of something new but predictable, and Beautiful Drug (maybe) is reserved for the month of April. Which would get More hook and knowing that the album is in May, they can make the noise and the snowball grow just when the album release is very close.

If they had released Beautiful Drug as the first single, it might have exploded in February or March, but by May 15 the excitement for the album will be gone.

My prediction, the next single, Beautiful Drug, will be released on April 10 or 17.

I get your idea, but I seriously doubt they still have a strong single left. It's more wishful thinking since Bon Jovi have always had their first single launch about two to three months before the album and have always gone for what they thought would work. The album still may have tracks on it that will appeal to us fans, but with the direction its taken and the lackluster material we've been getting, I highly doubt that's their strategy and there's more left that would make an impact on any broader level.

rolo_tomachi 03-31-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262834)
I get your idea, but I seriously doubt they still have a strong single left. It's more wishful thinking since Bon Jovi have always had their first single launch about two to three months before the album and have always gone for what they thought would work. The album still may have tracks on it that will appeal to us fans, but with the direction its taken and the lackluster material we've been getting, I highly doubt that's their strategy and there's more left that would make an impact on any broader level.

Well it's just one of my theories. There's a reason why Limitless isn't moving as much, and I don't think it's because of the confinement.

Beautiful Drug already has a video shot, and curiously it is the first song on the album, it is also Phil's favorite.

Jon also said that he was very confident in this new album, so could Beautiful Drug be the new Its My Life / HAND? I don't know, but something tells me that it will be the most outstanding (the highlight) song on the album.