Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What If" NJ Live Album - Advanced Fan Challenge (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69496)

Rdkopper 04-23-2016 10:57 PM

The "What If" NJ Live Album - Advanced Fan Challenge

As we all know, during the NJ tour the Bon Jovi camp (Obie) were recording an abundance of shows to release a live album around '89 to '90.

Mainly due to Blaze and Stranger, this album never got to see the light of day. However on the bright side, a great deal of songs were released as b-sides in addition to just tons of SB recordings of shows leaking all over the place of which most landed on YouTube...

Here is the challenge... Using only Soundboard recordings from '88 / '89 (and maybe a song or two from an A+ bootleg if necessary), can we collectively create this would be Bon Jovi live album from the New Jersey tour... The goal is to not only focus on the best performances but also the most meaningful too. For an example (and I'll kick us off).

1. Lay Your Hands On Me - Giants Stadium
2. I'll Be There For You - Philly (although not the best SB quality, it's still SB)

PS. If someone picks the same song as someone else but from a different shows, it's worth a vote and debate.

Becky 04-23-2016 11:28 PM

Blood on Blood, Moscow (with spoken intro)

PS: Did you purposely leave out 1990 shows so no one could pick Hammersmith Odeon since that's the easy answer?

bonjovi90 04-24-2016 12:26 AM

I basically do have the entire Rotterdam '89 show from the SBD, so that's my choice. Substitute one or two tracks with recordings from Milton Keynes, add I'll Be There For You and I'm done :)

Rdkopper 04-24-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1200336)
I basically do have the entire Rotterdam '89 show from the SBD, so that's my choice. Substitute one or two tracks with recordings from Milton Keynes, add I'll Be There For You and I'm done :)

Although Rotterdam '89 is an amazing show in terms of both Band Quality and Sound Quality, in addition to being my show of choice, I'd still like to expand a little here by mixing in other performances and also adding in a few more songs then the 15 or so played.

And yes, 1990 could and should be added, my bad... Hammersmith does not have a lot of soundboards...

Keep in mind, it's not just shows but any soundboards from that time period...

Again, it's about trying to recreate the live album we never got (and more)...

Bounce7800 04-24-2016 10:39 AM

So are we going to recreate it Obie style by picking loads of already owned versions, some mediocre ones and hacking them up to make them shorter?

steel_horse75 04-24-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1200347)
So are we going to recreate it Obie style by picking loads of already owned versions, some mediocre ones and hacking them up to make them shorter?

I give you... one wild night the live album!

bonjovi90 04-24-2016 06:53 PM

Things I'd add to the recording:
Runaway (Paris 1988 )
I'll Be There For You (Giants Stadium 1989)
Tokyo Road (Rio 1990)
Shooting Star (London 1990)

Zani 04-24-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1200340)
Although Rotterdam '89 is an amazing show in terms of both Band Quality and Sound Quality, in addition to being my show of choice, I'd still like to expand a little here by mixing in other performances and also adding in a few more songs then the 15 or so played.

And yes, 1990 could and should be added, my bad... Hammersmith does not have a lot of soundboards...

Keep in mind, it's not just shows but any soundboards from that time period...

Again, it's about trying to recreate the live album we never got (and more)...

Rotterdan'89 - the amazing last screams on Livin in sin. Better than was in the studio.

ksanova 04-24-2016 10:35 PM

Bad medicine from Milton Keynes 1989

Rdkopper 04-25-2016 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1200352)
I'll Be There For You (Giants Stadium 1989)

Is there a real soundboard of this (Besides the distorted one where the audience recording fills in the missing screams - which just happens to be the best part)...