Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R.E.M News Update (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23747)

Kathleen 01-24-2005 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter
Yeah the stage is quite cool.
Our concert in Ljubljana was mediocre - bad crowd, people didn't even seem to know Losing My Religion, Everybody Hurts and Man on the Moon - but the media generally praised the show and people I've talked to seemed to like it a lot. But out of 10 REM shows I've been to, this must have been one of the worst! Can't really compare to Scottish crowd at Stirling Castle or 150,000 people in main square in Koeln :)

I saw a torrent of that show on EZ Torrent and I wondered if you were there. I can give you a link if you are interested in a copy (unless you are the taper :twisted: )

Kathleen

Kev 01-26-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
I saw a torrent of that show on EZ Torrent and I wondered if you were there. I can give you a link if you are interested in a copy (unless you are the taper :twisted: )

Kathleen

Iv got that also. Havent had chance to listen to it yet. Think I am gnna stick that on tonight when I get home from work...looking forward to it. I have three bootlegs from last week to listen to actually! :)

Kev 01-26-2005 07:26 PM

Tour dates added in Spain, Germany, Italy, UK & Belgium
Source: R.E.M.hq

R.E.M. HQ has confirmed that the band will play additional shows on the following dates in the following cities:

May 28th: Zaragoza, Spain: Recinto Ferial Dela Feria Fe Mestras
June 3rd: Cologne, Germany: Rock Am Ring
June 4th: Nurnberg, Germany: Rock Im Park
June10th: Rome, Italy: Stadio Olimpico
June 11th: Bologna, Italy: Heineken Festival
June 12th: Isle of Wight, UK: Isle of Wight Festival
July 3rd: Werchter, Belgium: Werchter Festival

Please stay tuned for more announcements.

Kev 01-27-2005 08:36 PM

St Petersburg show cancelled

http://www.remison.com/gfx/news/2005..._cancelled.jpg

Mirrored from R.E.M.hq: After a great night in Tallinn and an all-night journey to St Petersburg in wintry conditions, R.E.M greatly regrets having to cancel the show tonight in St Petersburg. Lengthy delays at the Estonia/Russia border caused our trucks, crew, and gear (sound, lights, instruments, and so forth) to arrive too late to mount the show.

This is the first time since the widely-chronicled 1995 tour that R.E.M. has had to cancel a show, and it is a major disappointment for the band not to be playing this particular city. As Michael and the band told some Russian journalists at the hotel this afternoon, we are obviously sorry for all of the inconvenience this has caused for people who were planning to be there.

Kev 02-02-2005 10:25 AM

Details for Electron Blue

Electron Blue will be released as a single on February 28th. Here are full details for the CD Maxi Single (International):

1. Electron Blue 3:53
Produced by Pat McCarthy & R.E.M.
Mixed by Pat McCarthy
Engineered by Jamie Candiloro

2. Sweetness Follows (Live) 4:07
Recorded by Brett Eliason in Cincinnati on October 27, 2004

3. Leaving New York (Live Video)
Filmed live from the monitors in Helsinki on January 29, 2005
Tour Video Director: Blue Leach

Kev 02-04-2005 10:35 AM

Japan support announced

Japanese 3-piece rock outfit, doa, will support R.E.M during the band's swing through Japan, March 16th-18th. doa, who made their major label debut in 2004, have a new record, Open D, coming out this month according to their website: d-o-a.jp. Of particular interest is the fact that lead vocalist, Daiki, also is a successful professional race car driver, with many winning titles under his belt.

R.E.M. with doa:

March 16th--Budokan--Tokyo
March 17th--Geijyutsu Gekijyo--Nagoya
March 18th--Grand Cube--Osaka

Kev 02-05-2005 12:16 AM

More tour dates added

R.E.M.hq confirmed that the band will play a second concert in Sydney, Australia. The added show is scheduled for April 1st at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Tickets will go on sale February 18th at all retail outlets in Australia.

R.E.M. will also headline the final night of the 16th Annual East Coast Blues & Roots Festival at the Red Devil Park in Byron Bay, Australia. The Blues and Roots Festival runs from March 24th-28th and will include performances by artists such as Sarah McLachlan, Dave Matthews Band, Bright Eyes, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic and Jack Johnson.

Sambo-Chris 02-06-2005 01:59 AM

I just came back from Hanover. It was my first REM-concert and for sure won't be my last. It was absolutely great. I just can recomment everyone who has the chance to go. You won't regret it.

Kev 02-06-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
I just came back from Hanover. It was my first REM-concert and for sure won't be my last. It was absolutely great. I just can recomment everyone who has the chance to go. You won't regret it.

Glad you had a good time Chris, I still havent bought my tickets yet :oops:

Kev 02-06-2005 02:49 PM

Electron Blue video soon

In a recent postcard from Oberhausen Bertis Downs reported that the video for Electron Blue will be ready in the next week or two. "As you might imagine, it will have a real live edge to it," Downs wrote.