Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R.E.M News Update (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23747)

Kev 08-18-2004 01:55 AM

Peter.....

CD WOW! has posted an unofficial tracklisting for the forthcoming R.E.M.'s album "Around the Sun". According to the store's website, the tracklisting looks as follow:

01. Leaving New York
02. Electron Blue
03. The Outsiders
04. Make It All OK
05. Final Straw
06. I Wanted To Be Wrong
07. Wanderlust
08. Boy In The Well
09. Aftermath
10. High Speed Train
11. The Worst Joke Over

peter 08-18-2004 02:12 AM

Well after hearing Leaving New York and a 2003-tour version of Final Straw I think this is gonna be a very haunting album.

Leaving New York - I was quite disappointed after hearing the short snippet released earlier - but the entire song is something totally different, very catchy (at least for me) and I liked it afer first listen :)

Kev 08-18-2004 10:23 AM

Haunting is quite a good description actually!

I wasnt too sure about Leaving for new york on my first listen, but after a few listens, im really enjoying it now. I think I will rip the song, convert it to mp3 and stick it on repeat on winamp (I hate quicktime, but the quality is superb). As you say, its very catchy 8)

I cant wait for the new album. 2.5 years is too long to wait inbetween albums lol.

Kev 08-21-2004 11:37 AM

Some random news
Source: Murmurs.com

http://www.remison.com/gfx/news/3.jpg
According to an unofficial source, "Leaving New York" single will feature live tracks as b-sides. There'll be no studio outtakes on it. The video, directed by Peter Care, should be played in mid September, but there's no exact date yet. Also, both album and single covers are done now too.

European tour dates will be announced in September. There will be plenty of opportunities to see the band live and there are lots of Eastern European dates scheduled, the source said.

None of these information have been officially confirmed.

peter 08-21-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
European tour dates will be announced in September. There will be plenty of opportunities to see the band live and there are lots of Eastern European dates scheduled, the source said.

I hope they will play in Slovenia once again :) (although I don't like the label "Eastern European")

Kev 08-21-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter
I hope they will play in Slovenia once again :) (although I don't like the label "Eastern European")

That will be cool for you if they play Slovenia again. I hope they do Peter. As long as the UK gets a decent tour this year. I think we only got one UK date last year and even that was an actual festival, so not band show. Still got an hour and a half though. How many times have you seen REM live Peter? Me only the once which is quite embarssing really. Been a fan for around 8 or 9 years, but only got round to seeing them once. Definately gonna do a few dates on the next tour providing they are all in the UK. It doesnt look like BJ will be touring, so REM, will be the next best thing in 2005 :D

peter 08-22-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

That will be cool for you if they play Slovenia again. I hope they do Peter. As long as the UK gets a decent tour this year. I think we only got one UK date last year and even that was an actual festival, so not band show. Still got an hour and a half though. How many times have you seen REM live Peter? Me only the once which is quite embarssing really. Been a fan for around 8 or 9 years, but only got round to seeing them once. Definately gonna do a few dates on the next tour providing they are all in the UK. It doesnt look like BJ will be touring, so REM, will be the next best thing in 2005 :D

Hm, I've seen them live.... 9 times since 1999. 5x 1999 tour, 1x 2001 promo tour, 3x last year's best of tour. And 3 concerts were on UK soil, hehe (Scotland actually). Next year...we'll see. I have much less time than I used to have, plus I'm getting old heh ;)

Kev 08-22-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Hm, I've seen them live.... 9 times since 1999. 5x 1999 tour, 1x 2001 promo tour, 3x last year's best of tour. And 3 concerts were on UK soil, hehe (Scotland actually). Next year...we'll see. I have much less time than I used to have, plus I'm getting old heh ;)

Nine times? Whoa cool! My fave album is Up, so I would have loved to have seen them on the 1999 tour. The Monster tour was huge as well, that was probably when they were their peak (although you would know more so than me). How do REM compare to Bon Jovi for you? Are REM your second fave band? They're actually my third fave band behind BJ naturally and Bryan Adams. Im missing their first few albums, so im not a die hard fan like I am with BJ. Going back to see Bryan Adams in nine weeks with Carli, but definately will be seeing REM next year though.

Kev 08-22-2004 06:02 PM

REM USA TOUR-DATES AND SUPPORT ACTS

October 13--Los Angeles--Greek Theatre--Five Eight
October 14--Santa Barbara--Santa Barbara Bowl--Five Eight
October 15--San Francisco--Greek Amphitheatre--Five Eight
October 16--Irvine--Verizon Amphitheatre--Five Eight
October 19--Saint Louis--Fox Theatre--Now It's Overhead
October 20--Indianapolis--Murat Theatre--Now It's Overhead
October 22--Nashville--Ryman Auditorium--Trent Dabbs
October 23--Atlanta--Gwinnett Arena--Now It's Overhead
October 25--Chicago--Auditorium Theatre--Now It's Overhead
October 26--Chicago--Auditorium Theatre--Angela McCluskey
October 27--Akron--Thomas Performing Arts Hall--Now It's Overhead
October 29--Boston--Fleet Center--Angela McCluskey
October 30--Atlantic City--Borgata--Angela McCluskey
November 1--Washington DC--DAR Constitution Hall--Angela McCluskey
November 4--New York--Madison Square Garden--Angela McCluskey
November 5--Uncasville, CT--Mohegan Sun Arena--Joseph Arthur
November 7--Pittsburgh--Palumbo Center--Joseph Arthur
November 9--London (Ont)--Labatt Center--Joseph Arthur
November 10--Toronto--Hummingbird Center--Joseph Arthur
November 11--Ottawa--Ottawa Civic Centre--Joseph Arthur
November 12--Montreal--Bell Centre--Joseph Arthur
November 14--Thunder Bay--Fort Williams Gardens--Charlie Mars
November 15--Winnipeg--Centennial Concert Hall--Charlie Mars
November 17--Calgary--Saddledome--Charlie Mars
November 19--Seattle--McCaw Hall--Five Eight
November 20--Seattle--McCaw Hall--Charlie Mars
November 21--Vancouver--Orpheum--Charlie Mars
November 26--Salt Lake City--E Center--Charlie Mars
November 27--Denver--Fillmore--Charlie Mars

~River of Love~ 08-22-2004 08:33 PM

Great news! REM are great, I haven't seen them live but that could change soon. Heard it yesterday on the radio that they may come in Croatia, that would be great, so Peter don't worry they'll come either here or Slovenia, but I hope both.
We need some concerts down here, too bad this year Lenny and Metallica canceled (too bad for them coz they lose many fans). REM we're waiting for you :wink:
And the new song is GREAT, can't wait the whole album :wink: