Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is Obie funny? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44775)

Supersonic 04-12-2008 06:19 PM

Is Obie funny?

Aloha !

Well, is he? Reading all those, ahum, funny answers in the BJQ&A makes me wonder if I'm the only one who thinks he's not funny, witty, or smart at all, but actually a total douchebag that tries to come off as funny but fails with every single "witty" answer. He's completely useless and has never, ever given an answer that actually made sense or helped anyone and his "funny" answers are the same answers 16 year old teenagers gave to me while I was teaching.

To me he's just as funny as that stand up comedian we had to witness before the box set show (anyone else who remembers?)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kathleen 04-12-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 818819)
Aloha !

To me he's just as funny as that stand up comedian we had to witness before the box set show (anyone else who remembers?)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That wasn't the box set show that was the TLFR show at the Brogata (it was webcast). And that guy was awful - nobody in the audience was even amused.

And yeah - I hear what you are saying about Obie - I always thought he was kind of lame and not particularly funny. To be fair - if I had to answer the same damn questions over and over for many years I'd probably try to have some fun with them too. Too bad he can't do any better with his attempt at humor.

TheseDays2005 04-12-2008 06:55 PM

If he would be funny (or interested) in any way I would take the effort and read his replies every once in a while. I never do....

liljovi93 04-12-2008 07:04 PM

I don't really pay attention to Obie anymore.
His answers aren't straight forward.

So, no hes not funny.

RSROCKS 04-12-2008 07:30 PM

No he's not funny or even useful. He tries to answer all the dumb questions in a witty way and fails. Any question that has any merit to he won't answer either.

What is his job anyway other than being the band's bitch?

Kathleen 04-12-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 818831)

What is his job anyway other than being the band's bitch?

:D I never thought of him that way but that's funny. I believe he is the chief sound engineer in real life.

Tictoc 04-12-2008 07:38 PM

I think he's funny. Mostly because he winds up idiots.

Crushgen24/88 04-12-2008 07:52 PM

Obie is not funny.
The guy more or less has my dream job though.

slippery89 04-12-2008 09:46 PM

I think he is funny at times, but i just wish he would be more serious with answering the questions....

(Don't)Lie_to_me 04-12-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 818832)
:D I never thought of him that way but that's funny. I believe he is the chief sound engineer in real life.

Musical Director he says on the TLFR DVD