Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon doing Prayer live Jersey4Jersey (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70706)

JoviForever 04-28-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1263814)
I doubt he is any denial about how he sounds privately, but he's not going to on tv or radio and say how shot his voice is - he has albums and tours to sell.

As for the people around him - what benefit would it be for them to even bring it up, unless it's the elephant in the room and hasn't ever been addressed.

I would be embarrassed to perform with someone whose voice is shot!

manarosi 04-28-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1263815)
I would be embarrassed to perform with someone whose voice is shot!

not if you're paid milions for doing it

Walleris 04-28-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

I doubt he is any denial about how he sounds privately, but he's not going to on tv or radio and say how shot his voice is - he has albums and tours to sell.

As for the people around him - what benefit would it be for them to even bring it up, unless it's the elephant in the room and hasn't ever been addressed.

I'm sure it has been addressed. It's no coincidence that David and Phil gradually started singing more and more backup vocals (compared to immediately post-Richie) as Jon voice got progressively worse. It's not like Phil is going to make a decision on his own to sing parts he didn't sing 3 years prior. Not to mention, the addition of Everett.

As for openness, some of those 2016 interviews were a lot more candid about his vocal struggles than I had expected. Jon admitted to not being able to sing anymore as much as he could without directly saying "I suck". That's as good as we're gonna get with him still having tickets to sell.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1263821)
I'm sure it has been addressed. It's no coincidence that David and Phil gradually started singing more and more backup vocals (compared to immediately post-Richie) as Jon voice got progressively worse. It's not like Phil is going to make a decision on his own to sing parts he didn't sing 3 years prior. Not to mention, the addition of Everett.

As for openness, some of those 2016 interviews were a lot more candid about his vocal struggles than I had expected. Jon admitted to not being able to sing anymore as much as he could without directly saying "I suck". That's as good as we're gonna get with him still having tickets to sell.

In fairness though the parts that people sing were expected to change as the line-up did. To go from:

Jon, Bobby, Phil, David and Hugh
Jon, Matt, Phil, David and Hugh
Jon, Shanks, Everett, David and Hugh

Could have a lot to do with new voices meaning different people sing different parts. I think Jon's weakened voice had a lot to do with it but that's why Everett was brought in.

NicoRourke 05-03-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Has a journalist ever asked a question about the state of his voice?

Nige 05-03-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1263938)
Has a journalist ever asked a question about the state of his voice?

I would assume it's off limits tbh.

jovi 94 05-08-2020 06:03 PM

I have I believe single

Is that living on a prayer 100 percent live at end ?

I know it claims to be

Anyone know what show that is ?

Because it is by far the best version I have had and jbj appears to be nailing the high notes about 4 times and the final chorus with richie firmly in the shade

Captain_jovi 05-08-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi 94 (Post 1264112)
I have I believe single

Is that living on a prayer 100 percent live at end ?

I know it claims to be

Anyone know what show that is ?

Because it is by far the best version I have had and jbj appears to be nailing the high notes about 4 times and the final chorus with richie firmly in the shade

You have a better shot at getting an answer if it's not posted in a completely unrelated topic, I recommend making a new thread to ask.

jovi 94 05-08-2020 06:16 PM

Aye dead on hitler

Captain_jovi 05-08-2020 06:47 PM

Tough to tell tone online so not sure what to say.

Being a mod here just isn't worth it most days.