Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2 Year World Tour? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70035)

Captain_jovi 06-26-2017 05:50 AM

2 Year World Tour?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...nburgh-fringe/

I wonder if that's true or not.

Eveline 06-26-2017 07:17 AM

"And in 2006 they were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame."

I call it BS :)

Becky 06-26-2017 07:25 AM

This is Scottish and they were inducted into the UK RnR HOF in 2006. I'm not saying that verifies the article, just that that is probably what they meant with that statement.

It also says David has 4 kids. Unless I missed a really big event in his life, he only has 3!

Captain_jovi 06-26-2017 03:09 PM

It also mentions 40 years with the band. It might mean his relationship with Jon? There's definitely some inconsistencies.

Javier 06-27-2017 12:16 AM

At this point I wonder why there's even doubt that the tour is gonna go on next year? There's very little shows that they've done this year and even with the dwindling sales of the European tour in 2013, it was still Huge! Why they're not out now could be because of too much competition or other interests but they clearly changed their touring model. They are past that whole "strike while it's hot and the album's new" type, if a show sells well it will be because it's a Bon Jovi show and not because of a new song or album....

bonjovi90 06-27-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1225617)
At this point I wonder why there's even doubt that the tour is gonna go on next year?

I guess that's simply based on Jon's statement that he'll see how he can manage a leg of a tour with his current voice and him doing not so well on it. Furthermore, there just haven't been any legs announced (not even for the fall) which lead to the assumption that they're still not certain whether or in which size they can/want to go on.

golittleperson 06-27-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1225582)
"And in 2006 they were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame."

I call it BS :)

They were inducted into the UK Hall of Fame in 06, that may be the reference here.

Eveline 06-27-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1225622)
They were inducted into the UK Hall of Fame in 06, that may be the reference here.

But it's not THE one they're longing for. And the folks pointed put other inconsistencies in the text so I can't say I'm a believer ;)

Bounce7800 06-28-2017 11:15 AM

The UK Hall Of Fame only lasted for about 2 years before being scrapped, it's an irrelevance. I did enjoy going to the ceremony though and being front row for the performance. A great night.

Back on topic, I hope the 2018 Europe leg still focuses strongly on THINFS and is still the THINFS tour. Being distanced quite far apart from the release of the album, a tour just based on being Bon Jovi is stepping more into that nostalgia realm that Jon says he wants to avoid. The album would have been released 2 years before they play Europe and would be pretty much forgotten.

Captain_jovi 06-28-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1225640)
The UK Hall Of Fame only lasted for about 2 years before being scrapped, it's an irrelevance. I did enjoy going to the ceremony though and being front row for the performance. A great night.

Back on topic, I hope the 2018 Europe leg still focuses strongly on THINFS and is still the THINFS tour. Being distanced quite far apart from the release of the album, a tour just based on being Bon Jovi is stepping more into that nostalgia realm that Jon says he wants to avoid. The album would have been released 2 years before they play Europe and would be pretty much forgotten.

100 percent agreed. I just can't see them dropping another single at that point, rather they'll probably put out something new to promote. A new album? Probably not but they'll be promoting SOMETHING.