Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Official Bryan Adams Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47551)

Supersonic 12-22-2009 11:57 PM

Aloha !

Keith Scott can be good, he's mostly average. As soon as he starts to improvise he's rubbish and makes many mistakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 963437)
Nice acoustic song. Nothing mindblowing but pretty cool, I hope his new album will follow along these lines.

Nothing special indeed and the chorus is shit. "You've been a friend to me, a godsend to me, I ain't too proud to say, you've been a friend to me". That's pretty awful, even for Bryan Adams. Once again, it could've been better and it's the production that's lacking.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

SexxAtraxxion 12-23-2009 01:05 PM

Bryan Adams owns!

"Heaven" is probably one of the best power ballads ever, even better than any Bon Jovi ballad.

Goldsausage 12-23-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 963438)
Nothing special indeed and the chorus is shit. "You've been a friend to me, a godsend to me, I ain't too proud to say, you've been a friend to me". That's pretty awful, even for Bryan Adams. Once again, it could've been better and it's the production that's lacking.

I've lowered my expectations of Bryan Adams though, so this song looks good compared to 90% of his last album :p

But I don't get the line "I'm not to proud to say, you've been a friend to me" :confused:

Avantasian 01-12-2010 05:06 PM

I got the BA singles I ordered from Ebay today:

Have you ever loved a woman
Everything I do
Please forgive me
All for love
When you're gone
Here I Am

Mostly ballads, I know. But i got them for the B-Sides anyway.
Some really cool live and studio songs on there :-)

Simon 01-14-2010 11:02 AM

I'm also looking for some B-Sides, especially 1996. Might check ebay... :-) I have the "Star" single, and the three live tracks (Wembley 1996) are amazing: All For Love, Everything I Do, Let's Make A Night To Remember.

The best about that new song is the video. It's not bad, but nothing outstanding. I bought every album until "On A Day Like Today", and that was full of so much nonsense and cheap lyrics, that I resisted to buy the following. Well, I got them another way, but sadly "11" is the same mediocore crap. I enjoyed it once for dishwashing, but never listened to it since. I'm not saying it's bad... it's just not good. His lyrics are laughable sometimes, like kindergarden rhymes.

I think the man could do so much better. And he has. "Reckless" is one hell of an album, and lately I've listened to "Live! Live! Live!" again... now THAT'S a live album how it should be. Loud, energetic, full of audience involvment. A while back I defended my love for "18 Til I Die" (the album) here. He has some pretty decent stuff, and I'd still go and see him live.

Captain Walrus 02-10-2010 12:07 AM

So BA fans, something I was pondering today ... which, in your opinion, is the better album out of Reckless and 7800 Fahrenheit? Both released in 1985, both great pop rock albums ... but which is better?

Goldsausage 02-10-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 969310)
Both released in 1985, both great pop rock albums ... but which is better?

Only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Rob 02-10-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 969310)
So BA fans, something I was pondering today ... which, in your opinion, is the better album out of Reckless and 7800 Fahrenheit? Both released in 1985, both great pop rock albums ... but which is better?

No question. Reckless! It's an awesome album and really rocks out. There isn't a weak track on it and there's some good rock songs and some good ballads. Good all round stadium rock album for me. As for Farenheit then there are a few good songs on it, but also some shitters as well. It's pretty average compared to what came later. I think a better comparison would have been Reckless and Slippery. Reckless was also released in 1984 by the way.

jungleland 02-10-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 963437)

Embarrassing song!

Panda 02-10-2010 04:35 AM

While I like 7800, it does NOT come close to Reckless.