Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=65796)

Old Joysey 10-31-2015 04:19 PM

The first page of this thread mentioned April 2014, quoting Ori, but it was very unlikely, unless, as you said, Richie had already written and recorded most of his new album then decided to add Ori on a few tracks.

rolo_tomachi 10-31-2015 04:23 PM

Richie has never been so valued by critics and magazines as Joey Perry, Cobain, The Edge or Slash. But his guitar work was brillant in the past. Many guitarists, including Jimmy Page, Clapton or recently Slash respect their work.

Richie simply not developed his solo career, which is a shame, because at that time, if he had chosen to create their own career, eventually would have gotten a small place in music, having your own name, and might have been well respected with the time, as Little Steven or Joey Perry. But Richie followed with Bon Jovi, and in these last 15 years have cast many albums and tours, so finally missed that train.

But it is never too late to do your own thing, really prove yourself (No matter the success or the critic. what matters is to try). I think the real failure for Richie, would have been .... not be able to leave the Because We Can Tour, and continue making average records with Bon Jovi produced by John Shanks now.

rocknation 10-31-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1197257)
:confused: He was supposed to release his 4th album in 2013? Never heard of that!

Well, he was all set to release and support Aftermath Of The Lowdown when Jon called the band back to work a year early on WAN because he needed money for his pro football team -- which may have played a role in Richie contributing only three songs.

Alphavictim 10-31-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1197251)
He's gotten about the same amount of respect as CC Deville.

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Maybe in the sense that he was called the creative force behind the band when he released a solo album, but CC's guitar playing was regularly bashed to hell and back. Dude's never been called "soulful".

Old Joysey 10-31-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1197267)
Well, he was all set to release and support Aftermath Of The Lowdown when Jon called the band back to work a year early on WAN because he needed money for his pro football team -- which may have played a role in Richie contributing only three songs.

He released Aftermath in Sept. 2012 and said in some promo TV interviews (check YT) that he would be going back into the studio with Jon to work on the next BJ album in 2013 so I very much doubt that he intended to release his 4th solo album in 2013 as well, no time left to work on it.

rolo_tomachi 10-31-2015 05:00 PM

In the summer of 2013, Richie said that he had written enough material for two albums. But this was not short term, it was a vision for five years, throwing one in 2015 and the other a couple of years later. Also he mentions a guy of Elektra Records. But those plans changed with Orianthi in April 2014.

Becky 10-31-2015 09:24 PM

Since we're back on the topic of Richie's NOT released solo albums, don't forget the solo album he was supposed to do in the mid 2000's when he said he was going to be working with the likes of Kenny Chesney and Jo Dee Messina. That one never happened either.

rolo_tomachi 10-31-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1197289)
Since we're back on the topic of Richie's NOT released solo albums, don't forget the solo album he was supposed to do in the mid 2000's when he said he was going to be working with the likes of Kenny Chesney and Jo Dee Messina. That one never happened either.

In his defense, he was pretty busy doing things with (for) Jon. After his divorce and his ailing father, the album remained in stop.

At least, Richie has collaborated with some artists and has written some songs for soundtracks and other projects.

Take Me on (Soundtrack On The Line) 2001
One Last Goodbye (Soundtrack The Banger Sister) 2002
When a Blind Man Cries (with Heaven and Earth) 2004
Let Me Roll It (for American Made World Played, 'Compilation') 2005
Vehicle (with Bo Bice) 2005
Great Hall Of Fame (for A Tribute to a Legend, 'Compilation') 2008
Blood On The Ground (Soundtrack Dark Streets) 2008
Willin' to Try (Duet with Travis Tritt & Lucy Woodwardor for Randy Jackson's Music Club, Vol. 1) 2008

Could have been a great album if he had made in those years ( period 2002-2008 ) his voice was pure and beautiful in songs like One Last Goodbye, When a Blind Man Cries or Great Hall Of Fame. sad.

Captain_jovi 10-31-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1197292)
In his defense, he was pretty busy doing things with (for) Jon. After his divorce and his ailing father, the album remained in stop..

Nope, you got right with "With". Because you don't like the output doesn't mean he was forced into it.

rolo_tomachi 10-31-2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1197293)
Nope, you got right with "With". Because you don't like the output doesn't mean he was forced into it.

Many think that Richie works for Jon. that Richie only helps Jon in his songs. But I agree with you. I think those songs are of both (maybe not all), but some people does not see it that way, so I put (for).

The point is that he lost an opportunity to make a good solo record, especially by his voice. That is not going to come again. So I can understand Richie to go on other projects and solo albums to snap up more opportunities. Richie is 56 years old, he could lose his health at any point, and may be unable to continue making music, so you better make it now, pause as a member of Bon Jovi. And once that he feel satisfied, could return to the band.