Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 12-21-2018 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249701)
For example?

Off the top of my head, without looking up references, so these are paraphrased, but Jon has told these stories, at one time or another:

There was a point when David wasn't putting in as much effort as the rest of the guys and Jon had to tell him that if he didn't start showing more commitment Jon was going to have to rethink his position (place?) in the band.

Tico was a mean drunk, and Jon (or the band?) had to do an intervention with Richie about his drinking/drugging.

(Jon, on the other hand,, doesn't have a drinking problem. He just drinks two bottles of wine every night to relax - and he doesn't share. But he doesn't start drinking at lunch, so it's ok.)

Jon doesn't know how he got to be the poster boy for married rock stars; because all the other guys' marriages fell apart. They all got divorced; but he got it right the first time.

Richie didn't show up for rehearsal because he was watching a football game.

David didn't show up for a press conference because he was out shopping with his wife.

Richie didn't show up the day Jon wrote WLOL.

Jon's the one who's stuck in his hotel room taking care of business and making sure everything is going alright, while everybody else is going to tennis matches or hanging out in bars.

Richie has lots of issues. Once, he lost his driver's license, another time he was sleeping on the street. Both times he was back within a couple of days. Jon said that "these stories are known," but I've yet to find anyone who has heard anything about Richie sleeping on the streets.

Between the LH and THINFS promotions, it seems there's very little Jon won't discuss about Richie: his work ethic, his "habits" (issues, demons), his marriage and personal life all seem to be fair game.

As I said, these are just the ones that I remember off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure there have been others, like his reasons for firing Alec (after he dropped the "being in a rock band isn't a life sentence" and "he just didnt want to share his art in this forum any longer" spiel about him).

Eveline 12-21-2018 07:18 AM

Thanks, Jackie. I remember reading most of them! It's kind of funny and sad at the same time. Some psychologists say a big ego is a form of compensation for a person's lack of confidence. I'd say more but nah, maybe I'll leave it here.

bonjovi90 12-21-2018 01:45 PM

That first quote with David was from when they were doing SWW. It was in one of the article scans that rokuli had posted here.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Alphavictim 12-22-2018 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1249706)
(Text)

...so he is laundering the band's dirty stories in public is what you're saying? I thought your point was he didn't do it with regards to the band, but with regards to ex-members / other colleagues?

DestinationJovi 12-22-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249619)
Interestingly, I stumbled across an interview from JBJ with the German Spiegel Online magazine from 2016 the other day and he responded to that topic in a more direct way than he usually did:

Q: This is the first Bon Jovi album without guitarist Richie Sambora. Did you really fire your longtime partner?
JBJ: That's a great misconception. And I had become the fans' bogeyman because of that. Nobody fired Richie. He just didn't show up for work anymore. He had to make a drug withdrawal - and never returned to the band again. I haven't heard from Richie in three and a half years and finally replaced him because we need to continue with Bon Jovi. I hope that Richie will be able to get away from drugs and alcohol someday.

http://www.spiegel.de/einestages/jon...a-1119514.html

Louder for the folks in the back!

He and David have said it over and over again, but it really doesn't get any more clear or direct than this.

Rdkopper 12-22-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1249634)
Jon, Tico and David..... where is phil?

Phil is not an official member of Bon Jovi... He's a full time touring employee...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 12-22-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249724)
...so he is laundering the band's dirty stories in public is what you're saying? I thought your point was he didn't do it with regards to the band, but with regards to ex-members / other colleagues?

What I mean is they're all very protective of the Bon Jovi brand; so nobody talks about friction within the band or -anything else that might conflict with the band's hard-working, blue-collar, blood-brother image. They don't talk about struggles with people outside the band (ex- members or colleagues) either, unless it can be spun in a way that makes the band come out on top (e.g., the record label "sobered up, so we kissed and made up").

They've all said things, on occasion, that reveal cracks; but Jon, in particular, talks pretty freely about specific behind the scenes stuff, in a way that casts individual band members in an unflattering light and makes him look better comparison. I'm not saying it's always intentional, but I think that there are times when it is; because sometimes it's very subtle, and other times he can be pretty blatant about it.

JackieBlue 12-22-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1249634)
Jon, Tico and David..... where is phil?

Guys, this is just a guess; but I think Rolo's question referred to the title of the clip - not to Phil-X's status in the band or to anything he might have had to say about Richie's departure. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1249618)
Interesting comments by Jon saying Richie couldn't get "it" together for the 80 shows after his departure..

Bon Jovi Runaway Tours Q&A - Band + Phil X Sydney Dec. 8, 2018 - YouTube

JackieBlue 12-23-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1249726)
Louder for the folks in the back!

He and David have said it over and over again, but it really doesn't get any more clear or direct than this.

I don't know why it bothers you that "the folks in the back" don't see this the way you do; but I'm pretty sure snide comments aren't going to change their opinions. And just so you know, saying the same thing, only LOUDER, rarely improves communication. It just annoys the person being yelled at.

No offense to bonjovi90, because I appreciate the translation; and I don't question his accuracy. But Jon saying something in one interview that a reporter then translated into a German word or phrase that means "drug withdrawal" hardly offsets all the other interviews he's done, in English, where he avoided the phrase. Especially when another German friend translated the same thing as "rehab (literally, 'drug withdrawal')". We don't know what Jon actually said; but if it was "rehab" then he and David need to get their stories straight. We've already accounted for the 3 rehabs David mentioned (2 in 2007 and 1 in 2011). If Richie didn't show up in 2013 because he was in rehab or detox, by my count, that would be 4.

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 11:39 AM

I'm actually glad Jon is finally calling it out publicly. I think Jon and the band got some undeserved slack over the past 5 years and it's time... people blaming Jon for Richie's departure or commenting how the bands not the same anymore... Here's the truth people...

Richie's been know to have issues since 2007 and his post Bon Jovi odd behavior speaks volumes. Why anyone would think he was clean during that short window inbetween is just in absolute denial. (BTW, I think Richie's been using his entire career - he just lost control in 2007 - another conversation)

Richie also took some unnecessary jabs at Bon Jovi after he left. Richie is just getting what he deserves...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk