Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 12-01-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248445)
What about you, old man!
You’re fan since when?

It was a progression...

I've first learned about Bon Jovi when 'In And Out Of Love' got some air play...

I thought YGLABN was a good song. I was obsessed with LOAP which made me get obsessed with the album Slippery...

I equally loved New Jersey. It was around this time I became a 'Bon Jovi' fan... A year after the albums release, I started to go back and rediscover the first two albums as a whole.

Then when Blaze came out, I became a diehard and went to that next level...

If it wasn't for those first five albums, I wouldn't be here today...

Any old school die hard fan can confirm this... There was no cooler experience then driving in your car and hearing a brand new Bon Jovi song for the first time on the radio especially when you had no idea that there was a new song to begin with... Back in the day when everyone sounded like Jon, it would take a solid minute just to confirm that it was in fact him... I can't even describe the feeling. You'd go home and record the radio non stop and it would take days to finally capture it...

It happened with:
Blaze Of Glory
Levon
Please Come Home For Christmas
Always
This Ain't A Love Song (although I was aware that a knew song was coming, it premiered weeks early)

Today, you know everything and hear samples which imo, kills the experience...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 12-01-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248448)
I can't even describe the feeling. You'd go home and record the radio non stop

Jajajajaj
I feel so old now

Captain_jovi 12-01-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248442)
Cj, I’ve heard/read lot of interviews, books, magazines, etc. since 1994 and I have good memory.
-_- You’re fan since when?

Oh wow. You're questioning how much of a fan I am because you're quoting things no one can find. Again, it's a fair question, where did you see Jon's quote about Sanctuary II. I'm genuinely interested to read that interview. If it's something he actually said I don't think it's far fetched to ask for a source.

Rdkopper 12-01-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248450)
Jajajajaj
I feel so old now

Yeah, I need to do that once in a while... Think of me like this... I'm Jon's Have A Nice Day age right now... lol.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-01-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1248451)
Oh wow. You're questioning how much of a fan I am because you're quoting things no one can find. Again, it's a fair question, where did you see Jon's quote about Sanctuary II. I'm genuinely interested to read that interview. If it's something he actually said I don't think it's far fetched to ask for a source.

why you always think the worst from me? I never questioned how much of a fan you are, I think that quote is from the THINFS book, I’m not close to my book to check it out, right now. And if you continue treating me like this I’m not gonna respond you anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248452)
Yeah, I need to do that once in a while... Think of me like this... I'm Jon's Have A Nice Day age right now... lol.

yeah like MSG 2005 right? lol
I know I know, but I’m impossible and you know it.

Captain_jovi 12-01-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248453)
why you always think the worst from me? I never questioned how much of a fan you are, I think that quote is from the THINFS book, I’m not close to my book to check it out, right now. And if you continue treating me like this I’m not gonna respond you anymore.

yeah like MSG 2005 right? lol
I know I know, but I’m impossible and you know it.

"Cj, I’ve heard/read lot of interviews, books, magazines, etc. since 1994 and I have good memory.
-_- You’re fan since when?"

is just a really obnoxious way to respond to someone asking where they read something. Putting it in quotes implies that you're quoting something verbatim and when nothing comes up when those words in that order are searched for, yeah, it looks fishy. If you're paraphrasing that's a whole different thing. You don't HAVE to respond to me, true. I was just curious.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-01-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1248458)
"Cj, I’ve heard/read lot of interviews, books, magazines, etc. since 1994 and I have good memory.
-_- You’re fan since when?"

is just a really obnoxious way to respond to someone asking where they read something. Putting it in quotes implies that you're quoting something verbatim and when nothing comes up when those words in that order are searched for, yeah, it looks fishy. If you're paraphrasing that's a whole different thing. You don't HAVE to respond to me, true. I was just curious.

Are you saying I’m “obnoxious” and “fishy”? lol I’m kidding
You said you were “just curious” and me too when I said “You’re fan since when?” same thing I said to my buddy Rdkopper (I would never could question how much of a fan he is)
General response about my quotes: I’m old, I don’t remember EXACTLY “where” I heard/read them, but they are 100% real, just like me... lol

Captain_jovi 12-02-2018 04:29 AM

Fair enough! Just please know it's very dangerous to put things in quotes and pass it off as "This is exactly how it was said" if you can't back it up and no amount of Googling can find those words.

Rdkopper 12-02-2018 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248460)
same thing I said to my buddy Rdkopper (I would never could question how much of a fan he is)

That's unquestionable! Just like me being the 'World's Most Knowledgeable Fan' is unquestionable as well..

YOVANAfromPeru 12-02-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1248467)
Fair enough! Just please know it's very dangerous to put things in quotes and pass it off as "This is exactly how it was said" if you can't back it up and no amount of Googling can find those words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248469)
That's unquestionable! Just like me being the 'World's Most Knowledgeable Fan' is unquestionable as well..

lol
JBJ: "don't worry people
I can save you"
are you sure you never heard this one?
I think I think that was in a song, see? I'm getting old as well lol