Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

efpg0708 11-02-2019 11:06 PM

20/20: The New Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259751)
It's like any other art form that you're into... if you're at a museum and someone dislikes a painting, you ask why... Would you rather then answer because it's shit or would you rather get their deepest opinion?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I see.

IMO, the lyrics feel forced and seemed to have been written in 20 minutes. As you said, Jon wanted to tell a story with beginning, middle and end. I can do that as well: “Maria was born, grew up and died”. Pretty much a complete story, but not a good song lyric.

Yeah, inspiration is a very complex thing, I don’t think Paul McCartney will ever write another Let it Be nor Jon will ever write another Dry County. But I think Living with the Ghost has some good writing, much better than Unbreakable.

The vocals are ridiculously doctored and they sound as if Alexa from Amazon had an optional Jon Bon Jovi voice. I find it very unpleasant to listen to.

When it comes to the instruments, there’s nothing inspiring there: the guitar work is non-existent. I don’t think David and Tico had anything to do with this song. As I said, they have great musicians, but they don’t use them.

The melody is very bland to my ears. I don’t find it catchy, and nothing there stands up to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1259760)
This might belong in the "Anything Thread" and moderators can move it if so. I recently saw Western Stars and throughout the movie I couldn't help but compare BS and JBJ in terms of image and marketing. BS released a revealing, articulate autobiography, JBJ released two coffee table books; BS had an extended, sold-out 35-week run on Broadway and was nominated for a Tony, JBJ barely managed a limited residency in London and 100s of tickets had to be given away [yes, I am aware of the seating differences between a theater vs an arena]; BS released Western Stars which presents the new music in lieu of a tour consisting of an intimate concert in his century-old barn and with beautifully photographed vignettes between the songs with explanatory narration by BS, JBJ generally just releases bad videos. Both are multi-millionaires but one comes off as a philosopher and an artist and one doesn't. Both crafts their image and brand and yet one seems more authentic and one seems more marketed. Which one is real?

These are great points... Just to expand on this, Bruce isn't afraid to open his vault... He's given out so many more unreleased tracks, he's re-released albums with real bonus tracks, and even provided fan favorite live shows... He gets it.

Chris_Newton 11-02-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259742)
Didn't say I liked it I am still very unsure about it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

made my mind up..make it easy for you seb..Yup I do like it

Chris_Newton 11-02-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1259758)
Embarrassing isn't it

I will bite...why is it embarrasing?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-03-2019 12:32 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/wvTPc5N7/Unbroken-song-lol.png

BD135 11-03-2019 12:51 AM

If Unbroken is good enough to get on 2020 then that says a lot.

LeaJovi 11-03-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD135 (Post 1259770)
If Unbroken is good enough to get on 2020 then that says a lot.

The days of 40 demos is over buddy. Now we barely hit fillers.

Supersonic 11-03-2019 06:20 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

That good ol' fun rock n' roll genre died out a long time ago, it's not the band's fault. I know I don't wanna hear a Slippery or New Jersey-sounding album being released today. It just wouldn't fit in today's music landscape. Well, and of course Jon's vocal abilities have weakened greatly since then. The last great rockin' song we got from them was We Don't Run, and some of you guys still shit all over it, which just tells me the majority here will just never be pleased because you're stuck in the past.
No, We Don't Run just isn't a very good song. It's Katy Perry on steroids. With every subsequent release since Crush, Bon Jovi have started making poppier music and a large part of their fanbase now consider songs like We Don't Run rock songs while, would the same song have been released 10 years earlier, they'd have wondered why this poppy stuff ends up on Bon Jovi releases. Just because the band's shifted genres doesn't mean you should adjust your criteria as well. There's life beyond Bon Jovi and We Don't Run falls out of place compared to rock music in general. It doesn't fit the criteria and it's why, on websites like classic rock magazine, so many people are just so vocal in their disappointment towards Bon Jovi's output the past 10 years. You considering We Don't Run a rock song says more about how "rocky" Bon Jovi have been the last few records, really.

Quote:

I live in the present, not the past. It makes it easier to listen to, and appreciate, when you accept this is where we are now, everyone is older, nothing lasts forever. So many of my favorite singers, bands, etc. have retired or died so I'm happy these guys are still chugging along, even if they are a vastly different band today.
You sound like a broken Bon Jovi marketing machine. Why do Slippery and New Jersey always need to be brought up whenever people complain about the current sound of the band? It's as if there's no middle ground for people who think like you. Just because people don't like this sound doesn't mean they've been expecting Slippery Part II with every release.

Why is it hard to accept that this sound just doesn't cut it for a lot of people? Why do people like you prefer mediocre and shitty music over no music at all? You're saying good old rock and roll is out of fashion but why does the music you like need to be in fashion? Bon Jovi haven't had a hit in 15 years, why bother trying to fit in with the masses while the masses have ignored your output for so long and the core fanbase would buy it regardless? You might as well make the output actually good as opposed to the forgettable drivel of the past decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259765)
made my mind up..make it easy for you seb..Yup I do like it

Well, there you go. Shock horror, still. The same question still goes for you though; Who's more credible? Someone who's always liked everything or someone who doesn't like much but a few things?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1259734)
Ignoring more bullshit from world's most incapable debater...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259743)
It's better than being the world's most biggest asshole. Or in your case, having the world's most biggest asshole.

There we go. First discussion you're part of in a long time and you're off with insults and homophobic comments. You're world's most incapable debater indeed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Roll 11-03-2019 12:48 PM

I read here and there on the thread that Jon's voice is "heavily doctored", that you can "hear autotune all over the song", and so on. Can somebody exactly point the moments they're talking about ? Or is it just another "Jon's in tune so it's autotuned lol" moment ?

Regarding the song, it does nothing for me. But it's still nice to have new stuff to listen to.

Rdkopper 11-03-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1259773)
Aloha !

No, We Don't Run just isn't a very good song. It's Katy Perry on steroids. With every subsequent release since Crush, Bon Jovi have started making poppier music and a large part of their fanbase now consider songs like We Don't Run rock songs while, would the same song have been released 10 years earlier, they'd have wondered why this poppy stuff ends up on Bon Jovi releases. Just because the band's shifted genres doesn't mean you should adjust your criteria as well. There's life beyond Bon Jovi and We Don't Run falls out of place compared to rock music in general. It doesn't fit the criteria and it's why, on websites like classic rock magazine, so many people are just so vocal in their disappointment towards Bon Jovi's output the past 10 years. You considering We Don't Run a rock song says more about how "rocky" Bon Jovi have been the last few records, really.

You sound like a broken Bon Jovi marketing machine. Why do Slippery and New Jersey always need to be brought up whenever people complain about the current sound of the band? It's as if there's no middle ground for people who think like you. Just because people don't like this sound doesn't mean they've been expecting Slippery Part II with every release.

Why is it hard to accept that this sound just doesn't cut it for a lot of people? Why do people like you prefer mediocre and shitty music over no music at all? You're saying good old rock and roll is out of fashion but why does the music you like need to be in fashion? Bon Jovi haven't had a hit in 15 years, why bother trying to fit in with the masses while the masses have ignored your output for so long and the core fanbase would buy it regardless? You might as well make the output actually good as opposed to the forgettable drivel of the past decade.

Well, there you go. Shock horror, still. The same question still goes for you though; Who's more credible? Someone who's always liked everything or someone who doesn't like much but a few things?

There we go. First discussion you're part of in a long time and you're off with insults and homophobic comments. You're world's most incapable debater indeed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'm sorry but I didn't know I was supposed to debate an insult... "Ignoring more bullshit from world's most incapable debater"... You can never take a shot back. You must have had a fun childhood.

I'm quick, I'm funny, and I always make you look bad. I'm the only person on this board who not only knows how to exactly call you out on your shit, but knows exactly how to get under your skin.

You contribute nothing and just play devil's advocate to be a dick. All you do is talk about the nostalgia of this board. It's over brother! You're the last one standing... if you want things to improve, be part of the solution, not the problem.