Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

jovifan93 11-03-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1259807)
I’m 34. I have been listening to them for almost that long, and I don’t get much satisfaction from them nowadays. As I said, for me it’s not a question of numbers, but a question of how you relate to the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what he means. I'm 42 now and was 15 when KTF dropped. That video was the first I'd heard or seen of them, followed by BOR. Then I decided to buy the album and went on to buy everything I could and go to every concert I could attend. And it does make a difference when you became a fan. I for one never got into the first two albums, as that kind of music isn't my cup of tea. I like the big melodies, the smoother, more perfect voice as on the Blaze record going forward, not neccessarily riff rock. And as he said, had Bounce been my first record, it would've been different, as would have been the case with Slippery or NJ.

Are the band what they used to be? Hell no! Has there been decline? From 2011 to 2013 a small one, and after 2013 a really big one, yes. Did I still enjoy myself at the concert in 2019? Yes, I did, although you have to lower your expectations and just sing along and try to have a good time.

The new song has really grown on me, and I can appreciate it for what it is supposed to be and what the subject matter is. Of course it's far from the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's got a bit of honesty and mood about it, which I like.

JackieBlue 11-03-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1259794)
Someone said (could it be phil?) that the new album will be released in spring 2020. Does that mean we can't listen to the album until March-May next year? Or maybe there is a plan to get it out before?thoughts?

From X's latest tweets, the most specific answer I saw was on Oct 30: "a new album will be released early 2020 & a tour will follow."

I wonder, though, if there's a chance one of the other songs is something Jon may have written about homelessness for that other documentary he's involved with. If so, that would possibly be released around mid-November with the film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259796)
I am more interested in the tour they are going to announce.. I would be very shocked if its outside America. As much as I'd love to see them again.. I think they need to space out European tours over at least every few years.. At least.

On Nov 2, Phil was asked what plans are for a Bon Jovi tour in 2020 and his response was, "it's too soon to tell but it is in the works" Then in response to "Will you tour Europe in 2020 with @BonJovi or will it be NA Tour only?" he said, "not sure about the tour." Someone else asked "How long before Bon Jovi come back to Europe?..." His reply was, "i'm not sure but all will be revealed soon."

In response to someone's question about plans for a Drills show in LA and a tour, X responded "MAYBE for LA before the end of the year. besides that, we're targeting the US, UK & Europe for 2020". Then about the Drills in the UK, specifically, he said, "yes in March. we're just finalizing everything."

Considering all that, I'm more interested in how Phil-X plans to tour in support of a new Drills album that's supposed to be released Feb 2020, with dates in the UK being finalized for March; while at the same time, "a new [Bon Jovi] album will be released early 2020 & a tour will follow."

I wish some of you guys who regularly catch the Q&As would ask if this means that 1) the Drills are going to tour with, and open for Bon Jovi; 2) they're touring concurrently with Bon Jovi to make it logistically easier for X to do both; or 3) if he's just planning to hop back and forth?

OR if he had all this in mind when he told a reporter, several months ago, that he wasn't sure of his status with the band; then jumped straight to "because the money's in reunion tours these days..." ;)

(Ok, ignore that last bit. It wasn't from me; Pollyanna hijacked my computer.) :p

steel_horse75 11-03-2019 08:53 PM

If Jovi came back next summer I think the tour would be a poorly received. The reason the last tour did so well is that they hadn’t toured Europe since 2013 so that’s 6 years for fans to get excited about it.
I don’t think somewhere like Wembley would sell 80,000 tickets again next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rokenrola 11-03-2019 09:32 PM

I dont think they tour Europe just one year after,it is madness,even American tour was 2 years ago. Maybe some isolated shows through Europe to promote album but who knows. We will find out soon.

jovifan93 11-03-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259812)
If Jovi came back next summer I think the tour would be a poorly received. The reason the last tour did so well is that they hadn’t toured Europe since 2013 so that’s 6 years for fans to get excited about it.
I don’t think somewhere like Wembley would sell 80,000 tickets again next summer.

Agreed. Wait another 2-3 years at least, or you're in for a shock...

james_d 11-03-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259812)

I think, if they want to do another stadium tour, they need to do what they did with THINFS and tour here after a couple of years of release just to make sure there is some time in between

Captain_jovi 11-03-2019 10:16 PM

Agreed. I assume they'll tour North America first and the regions they hit on the early days of THINFS tour then hit the ones they recently did. It'll be interesting to see how it sells.

james_d 11-04-2019 09:28 AM

Honestly Unbroken is growing on me. I find myself singing along when I wasn't expecting to. Yes, it could do with a bit more kick and some less contrived lyrics in places, but I find the message still gets through nicely. I completely understand why some don't like it, but I do.

Savvi 11-04-2019 03:45 PM

I actually don't mind it at all as a song. I just can't get passed the messy and forced lyrics though.

Roll 11-04-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1259828)
I actually don't mind it at all as a song. I just can't get passed the messy and forced lyrics though.

The lyrics aren't that bad considering what we usually get except for the part about the number of suicides and the dogs' line which is dropped there to fit the documentary.