Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Xavi 01-27-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1261146)
Fair enough, but there is something to be said for history, exploring trends, and probability. Most of Bon Jovi's history has been defined by average output, the trend of recent albums shows a lack of significant quality, and probability suggests this will continue (the latest song adds to that chance).

Xavi was clearly making a prediction and the probability is weighted in his favor.

Thank you for explaining it for me.
Jon has not done a proper good full album for more than 10 years (Id say for 25 years....) so hoping he is going to release a good album in 2020 is,how can I say it?, uhmm,having too much faith in Jon.

Captain_jovi 01-27-2020 07:58 PM

RE: The Today Show Interview

Unless I missed it not a single talk of the new single or a release date. Plus a clip of Misunderstood. I for sure get this was about the restaurant and not the album but cripes, it'd be nice to promote it a little.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-27-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261155)
RE: The Today Show Interview

Jon BonJovi's Soul Kitchen at Rutgers - YouTube

Unless I missed it not a single talk of the new single or a release date. Plus a clip of Misunderstood. I for sure get this was about the restaurant and not the album but cripes, it'd be nice to promote it a little.

JBJ: "political enviroment in which we're living"
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at least he said he's not taking sides on the record "I just offer the stories."
P.S. So who ate at the JBJ Soul Kitchen??? I did on that crazy cruise, and I thought it was average...

Supersonic 01-28-2020 06:18 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1261145)
Please tell us more about the album as you've obviously heard it to make this assumption?

You tell me which album this review is from without using Google.

Bon Jovi's latest album shows no signs of deviating from the well-trodden path, and is arguably the weakest of their post-2000 releases. The opener and lead-single sounds strikingly lethargic and irritatingly overproduced until the bridge offers some sort of saving grace by adding a bit of guitar noise. Other tracks follow in much the same vein, unambitious and over familiar rockers, that show little in the way of innovation or new ideas. There's a mid-tempo acoustic/electric rocker, blatant rip offs of other current acts and there's ballads as well, most nauseatingly on the supposedly intimate song where Jon Bon Jovi (vocals, of course) veers uncomfortably close to self-parody, singing about cliches no one would dare to put on record. Notable highlights are difficult to come by, but the pseudo intellectual lyrics mentioning the social state of the U.S.A. have Jon channelling his inner-Springsteen as he makes a surprisingly moving state of the nation address, and finally the guitarist is allowed to shine and do himself justice. Still a fine player, he’s capable of the usual obnoxious flashiness, but also demonstrates some impressively tasteful, textural playing. For the most part though, it’s predictable, it’s comfortable, it’s by-the-numbers rock built for America FM. And it's become very irrelevant.

You tell me.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jovifan93 01-28-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1261165)
Aloha !

Bon Jovi's latest album shows no signs of deviating from the well-trodden path, and is arguably the weakest of their post-2000 releases. The opener and lead-single sounds strikingly lethargic and irritatingly overproduced until the bridge offers some sort of saving grace by adding a bit of guitar noise. Other tracks follow in much the same vein, unambitious and over familiar rockers, that show little in the way of innovation or new ideas. There's a mid-tempo acoustic/electric rocker, blatant rip offs of other current acts and there's ballads as well, most nauseatingly on the supposedly intimate song where Jon Bon Jovi (vocals, of course) veers uncomfortably close to self-parody, singing about cliches no one would dare to put on record. Notable highlights are difficult to come by, but the pseudo intellectual lyrics mentioning the social state of the U.S.A. have Jon channelling his inner-Springsteen as he makes a surprisingly moving state of the nation address, and finally the guitarist is allowed to shine and do himself justice. Still a fine player, he’s capable of the usual obnoxious flashiness, but also demonstrates some impressively tasteful, textural playing. For the most part though, it’s predictable, it’s comfortable, it’s by-the-numbers rock built for America FM. And it's become very irrelevant.

You tell me.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'd say WAN, but could be THINFS, as well, or even TC. That's the problem, I guess ;-)

Jack27 01-28-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1261165)
Aloha !

You tell me.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'd say What About Now.

My point is simply lets not judge until we've heard it.

robknowles1978 01-30-2020 02:40 PM

Guess it ain’t gonna be January then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevs 01-30-2020 03:17 PM

pity as was looking forward to some new music but reckon the record company pulled it and probably forced the single change.

bonjovi90 01-30-2020 04:51 PM

Since there's been close to nothing in terms of official announcements (have there actually been any?), I'd say it's been pushed back for whatever reason (rejected by the record company again?)

Captain_jovi 01-30-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261195)
Since there's been close to nothing in terms of official announcements (have there actually been any?), I'd say it's been pushed back for whatever reason (rejected by the record company again?)

The pollstar article was the closest we've come to an announcement but to be fair most of the excitement/impatientness stemmed from people claiming we'd get it in early January.

I hope they take all the time they need, rushing it does no one any good.