Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

BJFan99 10-23-2018 10:25 PM

Hell, at this point I'd even be excited about the band playing something like Open All Night in Japan or Australia... with the exceptions of Endicott, Sao Paulo and Montreal night #2, the set lists on this tour have been unacceptably bland. Even Jersey night #2 was very vanilla until the encore.

Alphavictim 10-23-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1246032)
Dread to think how it sounds with Shanks on guitar.

Shanks' guitar playing is all over Burning Bridges and THINFS, possibly even earlier albums as well.

Captain_jovi 10-24-2018 12:10 AM

You could take away something away for Steel Horse to complain about but he'll find another.

Shanks ain't a bad player, what he's playing is the problem.

Alphavictim 10-24-2018 12:18 AM

Not a fan of his soloing, to be honest. Then again, we got Bobby doing solos when Richie was still in the band.

Captain_jovi 10-24-2018 12:53 AM

I mean 1 for sure, the rest I'd bet was all Richie with the rhythm work a mix of Shanks and Richie. I kind of wonder if their are tracks Richie didn't play on at all. I've suspected Thief of Hearts for years.

I like Shank's solos when he has a chance to let rip. Same with Richie. Too many single note pluckings doused in echo with the part repeated twice an octave apart. Boring.

Alphavictim 10-24-2018 02:31 AM

I'm With You's solo was better than any of Shanks' or Phil's ones, IMO. For Bon Jovi, that is of course.

Xavi 10-24-2018 10:58 AM

Have A Nice Day part 5

bonjovi90 10-24-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246059)
I mean 1 for sure, the rest I'd bet was all Richie with the rhythm work a mix of Shanks and Richie. I kind of wonder if their are tracks Richie didn't play on at all. I've suspected Thief of Hearts for years.

I like Shank's solos when he has a chance to let rip. Same with Richie. Too many single note pluckings doused in echo with the part repeated twice an octave apart. Boring.

I've always thought that Richie didn't really play on Fast Cars for some reason.

bonjovi90 10-24-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246070)
Have A Nice Day part 5

If we'd get another album in the vein and with the quality of HAND, I'd honestly be happy at that point. It's by now means my favourite, but it had a freshness and energy to it that I sorely miss nowadays.

james_d 10-24-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246085)
If we'd get another album in the vein and with the quality of HAND, I'd honestly be happy at that point. It's by now means my favourite, but it had a freshness and energy to it that I sorely miss nowadays.

I just want something that's different and doesn't sound like it was put together in 5 minutes. I'd much rather them try something cool and not hit the mark instead of THINFS mk2.