Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 03-05-2019 07:00 PM

With Lost Highway, they went to Nashville to WRITE... At this point based on the few interviews where Jon mentioned the album, it sounds like the writing part is mostly complete.

Not sure why he'd record in Nashville considering BB and THINFS was recorded at the old Power Station right in NYC...

Not very uncommon to record an album in multiple studios or maybe just a change of environment for inspiration.

If they are going in the Studio on March 9th, it sounds more like a fall release... September/October... Maybe a first single in July...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 03-05-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251366)
With Lost Highway, they went to Nashville to WRITE... At this point based on the few interviews where Jon mentioned the album, it sounds like the writing part is mostly complete.

Not sure why he'd record in Nashville considering BB and THINFS was recorded at the old Power Station right in NYC...

Not very uncommon to record an album in multiple studios or maybe just a change of environment for inspiration.

If they are going in the Studio on March 9th, it sounds more like a fall release... September/October... Maybe a first single in July...

I do not think it's another country album, but who knows, Jon likes to repeat himself.

If they begining in March, I do not think we have the album until 2020, but I could be wrong, it all depends on how this production is advanced, maybe Shanks has already recorded a lot of things, and just needs the band to fill.

In any case, I still think that the album will come out next year.

Jovi98 03-06-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1251371)
I do not think it's another country album, but who knows, Jon likes to repeat himself.

If they begining in March, I do not think we have the album until 2020, but I could be wrong, it all depends on how this production is advanced, maybe Shanks has already recorded a lot of things, and just needs the band to fill.

In any case, I still think that the album will come out next year.

I think maybe in January if we're lucky a new single come out…. and in February/March the album.

Jovi98 03-06-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

I just say that HAND it would have been released more probably in February 2005 and for various reasons between Jon and the record company the album is came out in September 2005, so….. all can happen

WAN was if i'm not wrong recorded in big part in spring 2012 and the first single was released in January 2013.

bonjovi90 03-06-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1251380)
I just say that HAND it would have been released more probably in February 2005 and for varies reason between Jon and the record company the album is came out in September 2005, soÂ….. all can happen

WAN was if i'm not wrong recorded in big part in spring 2012 and the first single was released in January 2013.

Bounce and HAND get re-done because the record company had rejected the first versions of the albums.

WAN was put out later because a) Jon had originally promised the band a break and b) Richie needed the time to do his solo album.

THINFS had been finished for more than a year before it got released.

There are various reasons for album delays, but I think the last time they really pushed it that far back back because they weren't satisfied with the material yet was probably These Days.

Jovi98 03-06-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251381)
Bounce and HAND get re-done because the record company had rejected the first versions of the albums.

WAN was put out later because a) Jon had originally promised the band a break and b) Richie needed the time to do his solo album.

THINFS had been finished for more than a year before it got released.

There are various reasons for album delays, but I think the last time they really pushed it that far back back because they weren't satisfied with the material yet was probably These Days.

According to you ,now that we know that the place for the recording is Nashville , the new album could be a Rock album with Country influences?

bonjovi90 03-06-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1251382)
According to you ,now that we know that the place for the recording is Nashville , the new album could be a Rock album with Country influences?

Bon Jovi hasn't done a rock album in more than a decade, so I'd rather say that we'll probably get some of the same old pop formula. Songs like Reunion or What's Left of Me from recent albums could've been, sound wise, from Lost Highway as well. Maybe a fiddle added here and there, who knows, but them recording in Nashville doesn't necessarily mean a country album.
Jon hates Los Angeles and if, for some reason, they can't/don't want to record in New York, a place like Nashville is the obvious choice.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

JackieBlue 03-06-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

...Not sure why he'd record in Nashville considering BB and THINFS was recorded at the old Power Station right in NYC...

I don't know about NYC, because I'm sure there are other studios he could use; but I doubt Jon will be using The Power Station again any time soon.

Since THINFS was recorded, Berklee College of Music has taken over the studio and Cousin Tony is involved again.

Quote:

...Last month [September, 2017], Berklee College of Music announced a new chapter in the history of the studio and the college. With the support of New York’s Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment and the city’s Economic Development Corp., Berklee will renovate the studio and transform it into a state-of-the-art recording and video production facility.

The Power Station at BerkleeNYC will host free and tuition-based educational programs, performances, and resources for local musicians, not only with Bongiovi’s original design intact but with the studio legend personally and professionally involved...
https://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...ack/770268001/

Rdkopper 03-06-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251384)
I don't know about NYC, because I'm sure there are other studios he could use; but I doubt Jon will be using The Power Station again any time soon.

Since THINFS was recorded, Berklee College of Music has taken over the studio and Cousin Tony is involved again.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...ack/770268001/

There's your answer!!!

Supersonic 03-06-2019 05:07 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251383)
Bon Jovi hasn't done a rock album in more than a decade, so I'd rather say that we'll probably get some of the same old pop formula. Songs like Reunion or What's Left of Me from recent albums could've been, sound wise, from Lost Highway as well. Maybe a fiddle added here and there, who knows, but them recording in Nashville doesn't necessarily mean a country album.
Jon hates Los Angeles and if, for some reason, they can't/don't want to record in New York, a place like Nashville is the obvious choice.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

It doesn't really matter where they'll record it as pretty much everything sounds the same due to Shanks' way of mixing and producing things. Everything up from HAND with the exception of Lost Highway could've been from any album because it just sounds so similar. It's been over 10 years since Tico's drum sound changed and I've a feeling it's just a drumcomputer we're listening to nowadays anyway.

At this point I've no idea why Jon's releasing music anyway. He's got **** all to say, refuses to play it unless it's some kind of hit, it's not got much to do with music as anything is written by formula, no one buys it anymore apart from die hards who buy it because it's Bon Jovi and no one listens to it either apart from those few delusional idiots who think "it's a step in the right direction".

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan