Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 03:09 PM

I'd simply be happy if this album has any proper topics other than "mostly observations" like cats in trees and pretzel men wearing gucci glasses and the state of the economy...

Captain_jovi 03-11-2019 03:29 PM

My hot take: I'm fine with lyrics like that because it takes some sort of creativity. The juxtaposition of low income earners wearing expensive glasses isn't a shit observation where as slapping together positive cliches is just lazy. It comes down to performance as well. Honestly In These Arms lyrics aren't great but he sings the hell out of that. If it takes digital editing to get him to that point and it's too obvious it's very hard to get into it.

THINFS had a bunch of songs with vocal takes that sounded so manipulated and kind of distorted, I fear we'll get an entire album of songs with his voice in that state because we know how he sounds live now.

rocknation 03-11-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burlhouse (Post 1251472)
Day one. Song one. New record. See ya! - JBJ
https://www.instagram.com/bonjovi_in...d=ua4z3fshh5cc

No Shanks?

liljovi93 03-11-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1251529)
No Shanks?

Yeah he was in the right corner

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

TheOriginalJez 03-11-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251474)
Phil X with them, the full band in one room for working on the song. Off to a decent start :)

I think if we're going to be wildly speculative the best thing to take from that pan is that Phil seems very much to be positioned as lead guitarist - Shanks is off to the side, guitar, yes, but also producer. Phil lead, Shanks colour and I think we'd all be ok with that.

The other positive thing is that Shanks doesn't seem to have said anything about writing with Jon - doesn't mean it hasn't happened but if Jon's bringing a bunch of scrappy self-made demos to this it looks like Dave, Tico, Hugh and Phil at the centre of the creative process.

Lastly, and this is being both wildly speculative and wildly assumptive since Phil is constantly excited about everything, Phil's tweet about day one was very upbeat. We all want a rock record - and given his preferred output if he really is happy about it then it's going to rock. That one song is anyway.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-11-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1251532)
Shanks doesn't seem to have said anything about writing with Jon - doesn't mean it hasn't happened but if Jon's bringing a bunch of scrappy self-made demos to this it looks like Dave, Tico, Hugh and Phil at the centre of the creative process.

Shanks has posted before on his instagram that he was writing with JBJ for this new album...

One thing I can't stand in general is BOREDOM... so all I'm asking to JBJ and Captain_jovi is that things need to be fun... lol.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251533)
Shanks has posted before on his instagram that he was writing with JBJ for this new album...

One thing I can't stand in general is BOREDOM... so all I'm asking to JBJ and Captain_jovi is that things need to be fun... lol.

As MUCH fun as We Got It Going On and I Love This Town or I'll Sleep When I'm Dead are? :rolleyes:

Or real fun? :D

YOVANAfromPeru 03-11-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251536)
As MUCH fun as We Got It Going On and I Love This Town or I'll Sleep When I'm Dead are? :rolleyes:

Or real fun? :D

Maybe my concept of "fun" is way too "wild" for you lol, 'cause the songs you mentioned make me literally "sleep" at concerts... and I know you were ironic, hihih.

bjcrazycpa 03-11-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251519)
My hot take: I'm fine with lyrics like that because it takes some sort of creativity. The juxtaposition of low income earners wearing expensive glasses isn't a shit observation where as slapping together positive cliches is just lazy. It comes down to performance as well.

Got to say totally agree with you on the lyrics Matt. I'd rather have some weird lyrics than something that has been repeated over and over.

TheseDaysEra 03-12-2019 02:34 AM

Shanks yet again :mad:
that guy ruined Bon Jovi. Not his fault, he was hired to do his job and he's done a good job as a whole. But he's ruined BJ. Period.