Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 03-15-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1251675)
Born to Follow sounded a lot on the radio in Spain too.

Born to follow vanished very quickly. But HAND was playing for many months, even years on the most important radio stations. I have fresh memory in that, because I was working in Algeciras at that time, April-May 2006, and Los 40 principales (top spain station) put Have A Nice Day among the rotating hits along....

Some other hit that spread in 2006 and that were of later releases was El Canto del Loco and Green Day, which had released their singles in 2004 and 2005. I remember that in that year, Who Says and Welcome did not sound in Spain, instead, but Have A Nice Day remained for more than a year on the radio.

jon-flp 03-15-2019 02:27 PM

About the charts, I know that Brazil has no importance on this discussion, but just as a info. Misunderstood was huge, I mean, VERY HUGE hit here. It was the time that I became a fan and I guess that's why this song is so special to me. Bon Jovi was in all over the places here.

Besides this, Bounce had the last real investment of the band in good videos. They were really trying to get some hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251681)
Loving what they've been doing, this is on the right track social media wise.

I can't say that I'm loving, but comparing with what has been done, it's already an advance. But since we had BJTV, we always will be expecting more. 30sec video is too little.

Captain_jovi 03-15-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1251694)
About the charts, I know that Brazil has no importance on this discussion, but just as a info. Misunderstood was huge, I mean, VERY HUGE hit here. It was the time that I became a fan and I guess that's why this song is so special to me. Bon Jovi was in all over the places here.

Besides this, Bounce had the last real investment of the band in good videos. They were really trying to get some hit.

I can't say that I'm loving, but comparing with what has been done, it's already an advance. But since we had BJTV, we always will be expecting more. 30sec video is too little.

Yeah but we can't compare 2002 with 2019. The attention span of the internet wasn't what it was when Bounce was being promoted.

Thinny 03-15-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1251691)
But that is not only a Bon Jovi "problem".

I never said it was...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1251691)
That can also be said with a lot of the comtemporary ans older bands to BJ
What was the last song that the average people remember from U2,from Bruce,from the Stones,from Bryan Adams etc?

Agree completely.

Supersonic 03-15-2019 03:24 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1251663)
With this you say 15 years, I assume you basically mean since Crush which is disingenuous

No, 15 years ago means Have A Nice Day, which was first played in 2004 and then eventually released in 2005. It's their last global hit as crowds all over the world know the song. Sure, it wasn't as big as It's My Life but then again not many songs in their career are.

Quote:

I'll agree that noone gives a shit about them playing around in the studio bar the fans (which amounts to way more people than most bands can count) but every record hits the charts - Bon Jovi is a brand that sells and there'll always be someone trying to make money off that so you might be right, the brand may be done, but I guarantee someone with a marketing budget will try to prove you wrong.
Bon Jovi charts because they incorporate downloads and "free" copies of their album to ticket sales and because of a vaste amount of people buy the album regardless of what's on it. A number 1 nowadays means a whole lot less than it did 10 or 20 years ago. Sure, it's still a number 1, but you no longer need to sell as many albums as you did back then to make it to the number 1 spot.

"Someone with a market budget" was the record company, who no longer felt any desire to prove anyone wrong. :)

They stopped backing Jon up with decent marketing scheme because of whatever Jon came up with. A lot of money went into the promotion of The Circle and it didn't get the album anywhere. Thus the record company stopped promoting it and Jon blamed the record company instead of the shit album he'd just released.

The reason this stuff doesn't get promoted is because Jon's got his "creative" freedom with the new deal and look where it got us. No one's telling him it's shit now and every album drops off the charts once every loyal fan has bought it. So I'm just not buying it. If you want people's attention you'll need to come up with something decent first. And Jon's just not making the music his fanbase wants anymore, and thus no one will be willing to invest either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 03-15-2019 06:00 PM

Are they recording this album live? Or is this part of the demo process? Aren't individual tracks usually recorded separate.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-15-2019 06:15 PM

It varies. Sometimes they all record together, keep the drum track and then replace the instruments one by one. They've recorded like that in the past and a lot of bands do it like that.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-15-2019 11:48 PM

They used to add instruments after...
What I see now is that everybody being in the same room, they can try different things together on the song.

Xavi 03-16-2019 12:24 PM

Unless they had rehearsed together without us knowing that,this is part of the demo process.
This is not WAN where the band only had to record his parts.Here theres a band work,so the first step it to work the song and shape the song.
Then,when the song is done,Tico will record his drums,then Hugh the bass,and the guitars,the keys and finally the voice as you all know the process.
But yes,for me,this is the demo process RD

JackieBlue 03-16-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251713)
What I see now is that everybody being in the same room, they can try different things together on the song.

What I see is evidence that people can point to a couple years from now, and say, "No, I think '____ _____' really was a band album. I definitely remember seeing videos from when it was being recorded. And they were all there, in the studio, working on it together..."

And Jon will probably tell the story about how they were all in the studio, "... and day one, song one, Phil-X says to me, 'Hold on, Popeye! I think it needs something like this...' and then rips off this blazing 4-minute solo that took the song from 'okay' to 'epic'." :D :p :mrgreen: