Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rokuli 05-23-2020 11:45 PM

I'm sorry to say but mr. Bongiovi is a total brick of delaying the album because of the current covid-19 situation.

I'm ashamed of my past (80s/early 90s) hero.

Would there be no better time to deliver some new music to listeners than NOW: everyone's suffering / staying home / distancing themselves socially.

And what does mr. Bongiovi do?

Delays they album 'till late fall 2020 so he might be able to tour the album in 2021 and still be relevant. And get some CASH.

Well FU too mr. Bongiovi.

Adam D 05-23-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokuli (Post 1264457)
I'm sorry to say but mr. Bongiovi is a total brick of delaying the album because of the current covid-19 situation.

Would there be no better time to deliver some new music to listeners than NOW: everyone's suffering / staying home / distancing themselves socially.

Delays they album 'till late fall 2020 so he might be able to tour the album in 2021 and still be relevant. And get some CASH.

Can't say that I disagree with this.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 05-24-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264452)

Don't forget, Dave was publicly sick with the Corona virus throughout the majority of this self isolation... Jon can't expect him to perform.

So Jon did little solo stints during that duration. Nothing wrong with that.

I might see it that way, had it only been like that since David's diagnosis; but that doesn't explain David's and Phil's lack of enthusiasm since the end of the last tour, or Jon's 'me, me, me' promotional interviews and his initial solo stints, all of which came prior to COVID-19.

Regardless, as you guys have said, this is a dead horse. (Not that that's ever stopoed us before.) :)

rocknation 05-24-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1262081)
WDHA-FM: Jon Bon Jovi Explains Inspiration Behind the Cover of New Bon Jovi Album

I guess that makes it official: Bon Jovi now consists of only one member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262086)
Yeah -- NOW it's official.

In that case, here's a Lifetime Achievement Big LOL Award as a sincere salute to your work with JoviTalk, Captain!

http://rocktivity.com/Graphics/doneSon.gif

Rdkopper 05-24-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1264460)
I might see it that way, had it only been like that since David's diagnosis; but that doesn't explain David's and Phil's lack of enthusiasm since the end of the last tour, or Jon's 'me, me, me' promotional interviews and his initial solo stints, all of which came prior to COVID-19.

Regardless, as you guys have said, this is a dead horse. (Not that that's ever stopoed us before.) :)

You sound very angry !

I don't think I've ever seen Hugh happy. Even his Hall Of Fan speech put people to sleep.. and Dave is just weird. Never dug that dudes personality. Even back in the day. He tries too hard to be funny and he's just not.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Jonty 05-24-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1264432)
Oh, another Powderfinger fan! Just watched it as well, that was brilliant! Straight out of retirement after 9 years and immediately putting everything that Bon Jovi had delivered in that time frame into shame :mrgreen:

Absolutely, really dug them when in Australia travelling in 2003 and been a fan since! Really tight band, great sound and then it just all ended which was a shame. Great to come back for a great cause and sounding really good. Agree on what has come out from BJ in that time does not stack up against the PF songs they played last night.

pudge104 05-24-2020 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokuli (Post 1264457)

It’s not Jon’s choice at all, it’s solely the record company’s. There’s a lot that goes into releasing a new record, you don’t just throw it out there.

I do, however, think Do What You Can should have been released already. It’s already too late, the “stay at home together” feeling is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 05-24-2020 02:38 AM

Before, Jon and Richie played something acoustic together and that was Bon Jovi. Now we have a 6-guy band and it doesn't feel that genuine.

I have made it clear on many occasions, the only thing that interests me about this band is the studio songs that I have never heard before, it may be a new album, or a collection of songs from the vaults. Its live power was long ago extinguished.

Bon Jovi can continue to fill stadiums, but They can't fool me anymore, it's are over when it comes to a live performance.

Rdkopper 05-24-2020 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1264467)
Before, Jon and Richie played something acoustic together and that was Bon Jovi. Now we have a 6-guy band and it doesn't feel that genuine.

I have made it clear on many occasions, the only thing that interests me about this band is the studio songs that I have never heard before, it may be a new album, or a collection of songs from the vaults. Its live power was long ago extinguished.

Bon Jovi can continue to fill stadiums, but They can't fool me anymore, it's are over when it comes to a live performance.

As much as I agree with all this, there is still something I enjoy about attending their shows in person.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 05-24-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264462)
You sound very angry !...

Huh? Not even a little bit. Just calling it like I see it. :)